Reviews for Just Like My Big Brother
nochickflickmoments chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
hey, I should be working on my seminar paper for film noir, but you gave me such a nice response to my last review, so here i am reading this story. The first part is a really sweet weechester story, with an adorable sammy, always so enthusiastic.

But what it really made it great is the present part with the tag-ish quality to fresh blood: now that dean has realized how his pretended careless behaviour is affecting sam. And how sweet is the ice cream idea;-)
sayrae3times chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
Ah! Adorableness! I can just picture Sam in from of his class, and leave it to a little Sammy to go on and on and on and on about an assignment. The cracks about the teacher wondering about how many words were on that little card made me giggle out loud. I can just see Sammy pretending to punch KA-POW! And sounding out the big words! *smiles* Wonderful, wonderful story! I can’t wait to read more!
neko-jin72 chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
aww, that was a definate tear-jerker! this was really sweet, great job!
Rae666 chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
Oh God Beth! That was so damn adorable. I can so totally see see little Sammy standing up in front of his class and embarressing Dean like that and then to mention the Wendigos, hilarious. Poor kid doesn't understand. And Dean's reactions just seemed so perfect. :D Love the ice cream part! And the whole 'circus' bit - that was just priceless. Awesome story!
Terrwyn Ailil chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
I loved this.
Innocuous chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
remember the dry throat and strange feeling Dean felt in this story, bhoney? it's what I felt when i read this. this one is just as beautiful as the 'parenting your gifted child' you wrote.

this shows just how much Dean is worth to Sam and Sam to Dean. I love those two and I love this story!) thank you for writing this.

made me cry. i am not kidding. i did cry. you meanie-lol
J.A. Carlton chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
Oh man! Bhoney this is so sweet!

You got me all sniff niffly first thing in the morning before my coffee even kicked in!

Thank you for this wonderful treat! It's amazing how thoroughly you got into the four year old mind, pulling out those things that are really important to kids!

What a really beautiful and heartfelt tag! Thank You! :D

sifi
PADavis chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
I hadn't read this and what a delight. Great weechester - your depiction of Sam's enthusiasm and Dean's embarrassment was convincing. And he did sound out wendigo!

Phoebe
adder574 chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
I love stories like this. Sam being proud of his big brother was so cute. Nice touch to add the vanilla ice cream at the end. It would be just like Dean to keep the paper.
PipkinTwo chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
Aw... this was really great! I loved the tie-in to the present day issues. Really good.
Fiona12690 chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
I love this alot! It's got a special place in the Wee!Winchesters c2! This was very cute! I hope to see more from you soon!

-Holly{Fiona12690}
SimplyOut chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
When Sam said those words in Bloodlust it made me all watery eyes! He was so cute :X

Nice capture of that conversation :D
clair beaubien chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
I love this story! I love that Dean still has that piece of paper, just like his amulet, because Dean gave it to him. Everything about this story was great - but the last line was the best - "Yeah, the big brother thing…that he could do." And he does it so well! Especially after 4.13 when Dean wanted to rip the lungs out of anybody - living or dead- who hurt Sam, your story sounds exactly like the boys.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
Thanks for the kind PM.

I just now realized that you are friends with Michaela. If I remember right?, she really liked the birthday present from you.

I love your stories. You concentrate on the brothers, their bond and relationship, plus write an awesome story.

I was having so much fun reading your stories, I didn't take time to thank you, but I will go back and do that. I have to let you know which scenes were my favorites. I read your three stories out of order of posting, saving this one for last, only because it was set in season three and I wasn't sure what to expect, as I had a lot of trouble with that season, especially after episode 16.

I loved! this story. I was laughing so much while reading it and just wanted to hug little Sammy, plus could picture young Dean turning red from the attention.

You captured little Sammy perfectly. I loved his paper on big brother Dean.

I knew I was going to enjoy Sam's report when he mentioned Dean protecting him from a bully...

"And he called the boy a bad name and he punched him. Right in the face. Ka-pow!”

Than Dean's thoughts when 'Sammy just plowed on, he dropped his head into his hand with a groan. He knew it had been a mistake teaching the kid to talk.'

Sammy was right, Dean never breaks his promises and “He’s the best big brother ever. The very, very best.”

You did such an awesome job tying the childhood memory into the episode "Fresh Blood" and reminding us of Sam's plea to Dean in that episode, “I’ve been looking up to you since I was four, Dean. Studying you, trying to be just like my big brother...I wish you would drop the show and be my brother again.”

What a range of emotions. I went from laughing to almost crying as Dean remembered, 'Yeah, the big brother thing…that he could do' as he took Sam some vanilla ice cream.

What an awesome story!

I'm sorry that I didn't take a chance and read your stories earlier.

Thanks for saying hi and for sharing your stories with us.

Until next time, take care.
GracelandFan chapter 1 . 1/1/2009