Reviews for Just Like My Big Brother
irismay42 chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
*Gulp* That was lovely! But kind of hard to read in the week OTHOAP aired! I can totally see Micro!Sammy the way you wrote him here, and I loved the way he focussed on all the things he liked about Dean before finally getting to 'he takes care of me'. It really emphasises how the boys seem to have switched places so utterly this season. *sniffle*
Secret Thought chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
You've become my new favorite person! Lol. Two of my new favorite stories, wow, super amazing. :] This one was SUPER cute. I loved the ending the best.
Holly Lukeman chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
This was an incredibly cute story. I wanted to hug both of them at multiple points. Little Sammy's enthusiasm to share his paper was adorable, and Dean's embarrassment was a lot of fun to read.

Sam wanting to be like Dean was so cute! And Dean's surprise that he didn't choose someone more brainy and famous was very natural. I actually don't think that's changed much - Dean still thinks Sam wants to be a scholarly smart person, and Sam still wants to be like Dean (even if his idea about how to be like that is off).

Throughout Sammy's speech, you gave a lot of insight into both characters, especially Dean, who would not have talked about those things outright to people. Dean able to fix things, popular with girls, protecting Sam, putting Sam first, his knowledge of freaky creatures, liking chocolate (which makes sense to me!). Sam's insistence that he had *more* was very cute.

All those things he did for Sam, he didn't understand how much they meant to his little brother. You did a great job of showing that. It reminds me a bit of AHBL part 2 when Dean is surprised at Sam's statement that he would do anything for Dean. Dean didn't expect Sam to care that much about him.

The tie in to a more recent time and the heart wrenching scene with Sam and Dean in Fresh Blood was a nice addition. It kind of wrapped it all up nicely.

Dean's core identity has always been being a big brother; it's one of his central traits, and you did a great job capturing that.

Good work.
CatBeist chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Aw *melts* That was SO CUTE! I am glad you showed me the way to this one, I too do love the weechesters, especially the nice little feel-good stories. I really don't read a lot of fics, hence me joining the EOChallenge, cus at least the stories there are short so i can keep up cus I read slowly. But anyway I really loved this. And Dean was there alone huh, without John and all... Poor boys. But I LOVE how you made your WeeSammy, I can SO see that little geekboy waving his hands all over the place to mime Dean and the things he does. Also LOVED the part about the When Dee Go, considering that little Sammy didn't know about real monsters yet and it was all just made up :) Completely adorkable :) Loved it, laughed to it and even sniffed just a little bit :) And a last aw Dean kept the paper! Really good story :)
rockyshadow chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
I love the flashback to Sam's presentation. The way you wrote Sam's admiration for Dean, even at that young age was done very well. The reactions to Sam's story of windego were very funny, but I'm glad he was talked out of continuing it. I liked when you mentioned the boys' heights and the way Dean obviously thinks he was going to remain the taller one. It's so cute that Dean still has the paper Sam wrote it on all those years later. This was a great extention to the scene from that episode.
Andi Darling chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
I loved this! It was adorable, and made me laugh! :D It made me appreciate being a big sister!
pickamix chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
Again very sweet... I like your stories. I could so see Dean keeping that paper for all those years too. Sammy was way too cute for words. I also like your attention to detail... Dean's wallet looking just like his dad's. It added a little something to the piece. Great ending with the ice cream.
blackdoggy1 chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
Aw...that was just too sweet and adorable. I can totally picture little tiny Sam gusing over Dean and Dean squirming the whole time. The ending was fantastic too! Loved it. Fantastic story.

Sorry it took me so long to get around to reading this. I've had a really crazy week and haven't been online much.
suz mc chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
Amazing. Dean knows all about the circus! LOL! And it was touching and moving at the end, too.

You got it, sugar.
Miyo86 chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
*.* I love weechesters! So cute! This fic is really a great compliment to your first one-Dean working his hardest for Sam, and Sam in return showing his love and admiration for his big brother. I think Sam could have talked the entire night about Dean, whether he had anything left on his paper or not. The ice cream cone at the end was an excellent final touch : D
Meggin Lane chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
ok, You had me blubering through this one (sniff) but I love when Dean gets his props-to darn little on the show if you ask me.

Thanks for writing a story where he gets to bask in the love he well deserves. Dean is a guy that has a long over due hug waiting to catch up to him... and if it were me to give it, I'm not sure I'd know when to let go.
nochickflickmoments chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
hey, I should be working on my seminar paper for film noir, but you gave me such a nice response to my last review, so here i am reading this story. The first part is a really sweet weechester story, with an adorable sammy, always so enthusiastic.

But what it really made it great is the present part with the tag-ish quality to fresh blood: now that dean has realized how his pretended careless behaviour is affecting sam. And how sweet is the ice cream idea;-)
sayrae3times chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
Ah! Adorableness! I can just picture Sam in from of his class, and leave it to a little Sammy to go on and on and on and on about an assignment. The cracks about the teacher wondering about how many words were on that little card made me giggle out loud. I can just see Sammy pretending to punch KA-POW! And sounding out the big words! *smiles* Wonderful, wonderful story! I can’t wait to read more!
neko-jin72 chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
aww, that was a definate tear-jerker! this was really sweet, great job!
Rae666 chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
Oh God Beth! That was so damn adorable. I can so totally see see little Sammy standing up in front of his class and embarressing Dean like that and then to mention the Wendigos, hilarious. Poor kid doesn't understand. And Dean's reactions just seemed so perfect. :D Love the ice cream part! And the whole 'circus' bit - that was just priceless. Awesome story!
178 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »