Reviews for Just Like My Big Brother
psiChic chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
I just found this after coming from your Thanksgiving story-You're amazing! I absolutely love the way you write these boys. Great job! :D
devilsinthedetails chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
oh my god I'm going to get all teared up, seriously this was perfect.

"Someday I’m gonna be tall, just like Dean.”

Dean smirked at that. No way the kid was ever gonna be as tall as him." haha, nice irony. I loved earnest little Sammy and loving though slightly embarrassed Dean.
angelofdarkness78 chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
This story had me smiling the whole way through and the end was so touching. I really love it. Thanks for sharing. :)
jmstevens chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
*sigh* Was stuck interestingly between wanting to laugh and wanting to cry when I read this..which has never happened to me before.

Thanks for writing this great fic.
Emerald Eyes of Flame chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
ohmigood...

that is so sweet

i loved it
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Oh, another really lovely story! I did a similar one about Dean finding a school assignment accidentally that was about someone they admired and Dean reading Sam's accolades. It was so fun to write. You have me yearning to write more Wee-chester stories now! I so enjoy the little brother adoration because it's so easy to imagine Sam as a kid adoring his big brother and Dean being the protective big brother that he always has been.

Great story!
Ani-maniac494 chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
"“I’m so glad all of you parents—and siblings—” she nodded to Dean where he sat at an empty desk in the third row, “could join us."

I love the subtle hint here that Dean is the only sibling in the room.

"A hand shot straight up into the air before the question was even finished forming. Dean looked over to the desk next to him to see Sam in his seat, arm waving eagerly, eyes bright, dimples flashing. He rolled his eyes affectionately at the sight. Sammy was such a geek boy."

Lol, I can so imagine Sam being that way, lol.

"Sure, he knew the kid loved him, but he'd thought Sammy’d pick somebody important, like Einstein or somethin’, to want to be like when he grew up."

Aw... Again, you capture Dean so well. :) I don't think he'll ever really see himself as important, no matter what happens.

"When we watch scary movies, Dean just laughs and says no monster better ever mess with him, cuz he would end them."

Lol, yep, and he would too. ;)

"“Yeah.” Sam nodded sagely, paused a moment, then shrugged matter-of-factly. “Only…it is for Dean.” He gave the teacher an apologetic smile."

ROFL. :D

"Dean smirked at that. No way the kid was ever gonna be as tall as him."

Well, he's sort of right, lol... ;)

"Lame old Thomas Jefferson had nothin’ on Dean."

*smiles*

"When he took the ice cream out to Sam, a surprised and pleased smile lit up his face, making him look again like that six-year-old who thought Dean could do anything. Yeah, the big brother thing…that he could do."

Again, I enjoyed every moment of it. Wonderful work!

Ani-maniac494
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
Just found this as I visited your profile after reading your awesome Thanksgiving story!

That was so cute. Could so imagine an over-eager but nervous Sammy extolling the virtues of his big brother to the whole class. Could also imagine Dean's embarrassment and then his trepidation as Sammy started describing a Wendigo! Could also feel Sam's disappointment as the teacher stopped him to give another kid a chance to speak. So loved too how Sam gave Dean the sheet with his notes on and Dean carefully folded it and put it in his wallet.

Perfect then tying this in with the present day, and Dean finding the piece of paper when reaching for bills in his wallet. It linked so well with Sam's words about wanting Dean to be his brother again. And ending it with Dean getting a vanilla ice-cream cone was perfect.

A great heartwarming and well written story, you had both brothers characters perfectly. Loved it, thanks.
PlatinumRoseLady chapter 1 . 12/15/2008

I love this.

I love this story!
Fille de Tsuki chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Wow. That was so adorable and sweet... I could just cry. And so funny too! I loved little Sammy's extreme earnestness during his numeration of Dean's good qualities. So cute! ... That poor first grade teacher. She just doesn't realize that sometimes, violence is the answer. Especially when dealing with bullies or wendigoes!

As a parentified older sibling to a not-so-little-anymore brother, I can at least vouch for the accuracy of Dean's side of the equation. Of course you'd carry the twerp home if he stepped on a bee (or twisted his ankle, or fell off his bike into rosebushes, or otherwise incapacitated himself... fun times) and, duh, you'd beat on anyone who pushed him around. And you don't do it for the appreciation, but if the little punk does notice... *sniffle* And even when he's all grown up, and taller than you, and after you've screwed up and not been what he needed at times - he's still your kid brother, and you'll still take him out for ice cream and buy him his favorite flavor. *sniffle*

...You haven't been stalking me and my brother, have you? Or is this just normal for four-years-apart sibling pairs where the older sibling is somewhat parentified? Are there studies on that?

Haha, wow. Now I've written a dissertation comparing me and my brother to Dean and Sam, instead of singing the praises that your story fully deserves! Well, take it as my way of saying that I emotionally connected to this fic. Because it was way cool. If it was a person, it could totally eat a whole pizza. I bet Thomas Jefferson couldn't do that.
staceycj chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
Wow! You have me stunned. Fantastic work.
sinful delight chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
So while procrastinating on my work today I read your message, suggesting your story. I read it in an attempt to stall the real world. I love it! Its so cute and so predictably Sammy. I can definitely see him doing this as a child and embarassing Dean. Nice work! I will definitely add it to my C2 for others to read.

These days I'm usually pretty busy and don't have as much time as I'd like to read fanfics and update my C2 so I always appreciate a good recommendation... even if it is from the author. Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading more! : )
sweetysmart0505 chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
Dean's good at the big brother thing but somtimes he just needs a little reminder. Good GOOD job. Really sweet!
Merisha chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
Aw that was absolutely awesome! (hugs story) :) - I love how proud Sammy is of Dean, and Dean buying Sammy his fav ice-cream, aw god! It was precious!

What an awesome oneshot!

Hugs and luv

Mish :)
smokeyhorse chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
Gah - I loved this! Sam is too cute for words LOL! And his reasons for wanting to be like Dean were perfect.

I really, really enjoyed it!
167 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »