Reviews for JxHQ: Hired Help
Der Tod chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
This is very well written, and very much in the Nolan canon as far as Bruce and Alfred's banter is concerned. Kudos to you!
Kei chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
A fresh and articulate voice for Bats and Alfred, another fabulous read! Very few writers have such a knack for shorts that are just for the sake of "thinking something out" the way you do. Your love of the subject is so well reflected in your talent!
The Sabbit chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
Yowza. There really is a shortage of such depth in most writing in general. There is something very graceful and seemingly effortless about your style, and at the same time the level of thought put into it is obvious. PLEASE keep up the great work. )
Karivah chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
There's an element to this story that I can hardly describe, it has such a deep note of...well the closest thing I can think of is sincerity, it's so very real that it sucks the reader in and makes them truly consider the topic that the characters are discussing. Which, in turn, makes you a brilliant writer for actively keeping your readers attention and sticking like glue to the characters true nature. Brilliantly done.
KagomeHig715 chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
OH My god...I love the last quotes that's so deep,.

Everytime you get me saying

"I never thought of it that way before."

Every single time..

KEEPO WRITING!
Chibi Rose Angel chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
I don't know where I should even begin. Maybe I should pick my jaw up off of the floor first? The characterizations in this piece was so lovely and spot on. It really felt like I was listening in on and watching a conversation take place between Bruce and Alfred. My personal favorite was definitely at the end where Alfred gently but firmly admonished Bruce who at least had the decency to look embarrassed. Even if it was just for a moment. Thanks for a good read!
DCoD chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
I never really saw the parallels between Harley and Alfred before, but it does make a lot of sense. Wow. Awesome take, my friend, and I agree; Alfred's probably a great source of wisdom when it comes to emotions and what can become because of them.

Lovely one-shot :)
alocin chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
I don't think I've read anything from Alfred's perspective before, but he seems to have a lot of potential by being unassuming but all-seeing! Loved the parallels; Batsy evidently doesn't like to think he's playing the Joker role in the partnership though. It would be interesting to see what Harley would think of being Mistah J's gentleman's lady (so to speak). From some of your previous fics like Raiment I think she'd be more than happy with the arrangement...
Twinings chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
You write Alfred very well! I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I've seen so many people write him as Butlerbot 30, or Bruce's emotional crutch, with no understanding of how a man could fill the roles of servant and friend simultaneously.

And the parallels are quite interesting. I'd never thought of it that way before.

-3.0
Mira-Jade chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
Oh, this was wonderful. I've always loved Alfred and the way he stitches Bruce back together - in more ways than one. I think it's perfect that Bruce be a little dense here, and then the last few lines: Perfect.

A very nicely done little fic.

Now for next Monday . . .
Hysteric1234 chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
Aye, enjoyed the comparrison greatly, was very well knitted together. Funny how those little parallels pop up like that! P

Looking forward to your other stories.
26 | « Prev Page 1 2