Reviews for Knives in the Dark
Whyhow chapter 60 . 4/26
I like your policy of having at least one Terry Pratchett reference per chapter (taxes or lack thereof, famous last stands, gilt, etc.).
Whyhow chapter 57 . 4/26
I like the Discworld references, and the taxes thing fit in fairly well, although I see why you had to alter the ending. I understand the darker parts work better for the general tone, but I'd probably stop reading this if the jokes stopped.
Whyhow chapter 54 . 4/26
I really like the Mai sections, especially the strange description of Agni in this one.
Whyhow chapter 47 . 4/26
Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought and, unsurprisingly, it was well written. I wonder what, if any view you will take on Ty Lee's thing with auras.
Whyhow chapter 45 . 4/26
You stole the "named meat" joke from Terry Pratchett. Seems like a good chapter, but I suspect that you are going to have more angst than I would have preferred.
Whyhow chapter 40 . 4/26
The last chapter wasn't that interesting, but this one at least had some nice antics.
Whyhow chapter 35 . 4/26
A lot of this is fairly dark, but you have a few really good lines mixed in. For example, "'You must be insane.' 'Well, yes, but that's beside the point.'"
Whyhow chapter 34 . 4/26
I knew it! Everyone else probably did too, but it's still a bit of an accomplishment.
Whyhow chapter 32 . 4/26
I assume that the piece in question is the white lotus tile. He seems eccentric enough and I didn't quite catch his age.
Whyhow chapter 27 . 4/26
At first I assumed that his code name was a Discworld reference, but the lack of evidence stopped me for a while. Now, however, it pretty clearly is.
Whyhow chapter 24 . 4/26
I like the conversation between Kuei and Azula, since he really means what he's saying and she quite reasonably thinks that he's using some complex system of double meanings.
Whyhow chapter 22 . 4/26
It is fairly preachy, but that's probably in character for Aang.
Whyhow chapter 20 . 4/26
I have trouble believing the angst, not because I think it's that unrealistic, but because the show never made nearly that big of a deal about anything like that; it was just subtly implied (I could be almost completely wrong about this, it has been way too long since I rewatched it, but I am fairly confident about this). With this small a change (at least to that), I can't see what was different that would have caused the extra angst.
Whyhow chapter 14 . 4/26
I suspect that the ship is, if not completely destroyed, at least delayed by a few weeks. At least he realized it afterwards.
Whyhow chapter 7 . 4/26
I have a couple of questions: who woke Aang? Who taught him Waterbending? What was Bumi thinking (he usually has some kind of reasoning, perhaps he wanted the guards to be more independent or something)?