Reviews for A Means for an End
Box of Tomato Fairy chapter 7 . 8/8/2013
Right at the cliffhanger too! This hasn't updated in years, so r.i.p to a great story
Light of Redemption chapter 7 . 3/2/2012
Are you going to continue writing this story its been about two years?
Kitsune1818 chapter 7 . 1/24/2012
I am tired of asking this but, are you going to continue this?
Lost Friend chapter 7 . 9/5/2010
I'm rooting for you to kill the plot bunnies. Good luck.
Sargent Snarky chapter 6 . 7/25/2009
asdfjkal. Of all the places to leave off! Oh dear.

Please, please, please don't say you've abandoned this story.

Well, I really look forward to your next update, to find out what happens next, because this story is fascinating. I'm a fan of AU fics dealing with Soren and his herritage, and it is a refreshing site to see a more twisted version of his life. To see the laguz react to him as they should, to have Nasir act so hostilely towards him, to have Soren's desire for his father's love and approval, etc. I also like his attempts to flee the mercenary band... and how Gatrie mistakes him for a girl. xD Wonderful opening scene, that.

But I do hope we'll get more details as time goes on.

I do have a few bits of critique to offer, however.

The plotline and story itself are quite enjoyable and intriguing. However, there are parts of it that don't seem to flow smoothly. That is, it seems a bit choppy in its transitions between some scenes and so forth.

Also... you have one grammatical error that is consistent across all of the chapters, something I really think you should learn to correct. This is an error with quotations.

You routinely put a period where a comma should go. For example:

“I see.” Ike said.

This is wrong. The period after 'see' should instead be a comma. When one has a quotation, it is separated from the 'he/she/it said/sang/shouted/whatever' with a comma. The only exceptions to this are when the thing being said ends with a question mark or exclamation point. However, any time in which the sentence would ordinarily end with a period - or any time when the 'he said' bit is placed in the middle of a sentence - there must be a comma.

"I see," said Bob.

"But you've a blindfold on," protested Bill. "How can you see?"

I feel like this story could be better with a good beta reader - someone knowledgeable on writing mechanics who could help catch instances of incorrect punctuation and so forth.

All that said, I'm really looking forward to reading more!
PyroManiacNeko chapter 6 . 4/29/2009
I totally forgot to review the chapter yesterday and just remembered as I was rereading the part where Shinon gets his ass handed to him. So, here's your review. Now I think I'm going to read that part again because it's really entertaining.
Tsorfie68 chapter 6 . 4/29/2009
Soren kicks ass, yay for bonus XP !xD

I really like your story, update soon !
Aldalena chapter 6 . 4/28/2009
Arizona? That's where I live! xD

Shinon... so rude and self-centered... I'm actually not too surprised he'd go that far to get to the top... *sigh* -.-;

Ooh, so Soren's identity has been revealed... I can't wait to see everyones' reactions! o.o
Kit-Kat Punk-lover chapter 6 . 4/28/2009
Yay for Soren! He kicked major butt! lol I never liked shinion so I'm glad he's in pain! XD Oh noes Ike is gonna find out he's branded :O Update soon!
raia14 chapter 5 . 3/29/2009
FINALLY! the next 5th chapter. So it has been since I read updated stories of Soren. -sigh- It is short but it is forwarding the story... so About the couple thing.. I don't think there should be any couples at all. Couples just seem to hold the story in place and sometimes jeopardizes the ENTIRE story.. then again Im only speaking of my own experiences.

maybe some people that aren't primary characters could have a relationship and it would be acceptable..(for me at least)

BUT it is your story you do as you desire.

Please update soon. I REALLY wanna know what happens. -
PyroManiacNeko chapter 5 . 3/14/2009
I really can't think of any good suggestions. I'm good with just about any, as long as it's not SorenxIlyana. Other than that, I was about to ask what general time-frame this was in, but that was cleared up in the chapter. So...yeah. I'm out of things to say.
Kit-Kat Punk-lover chapter 5 . 3/14/2009
Yay Soren has joined the army .. This shall be intresting... AS for the painrings, well, Soren should obviously get with someone. Ike too. How will this work out well for both parties -wiggles eyebrows- XD.
PyroManiacNeko chapter 4 . 1/23/2009
I think in every chapter so far I've thought "Aww, poor Soren," but this time I also thought "Aww, poor Nasir" because he's so awesome but people like us keep making him seem like a total jerk.
Kit-Kat Punk-lover chapter 4 . 1/22/2009
I feel bad for that horse! XD The story is picking up! Ah, the sad, sad drama of it all -sniff- POOR SOREN! Hopefully, all goes well for him...

Awesome update! Hope you get the next chapter up soon!
Kit-Kat Punk-lover chapter 3 . 1/8/2009
Go Soren! Kinda sad though. I have to say this though, he is hecka smart! I probably would have just ran out of the camp screaming bloody murder XD I'm not very smart. Anyways good chapter! What shall happen to him! Also those Laguz were mean at sending him dirty glances. Not really the point but oh well XD