Reviews for Burning Kiss
I just want to say I greatly enjoyed reading this story. It's definitely one of the best stories in the Crucible fandom. I like your character and the developement of her relationship with Hale.

The only thing that I have to "criticize" is the nickname. Back then calling someone by a nickname was considered very rude and disrespectful, and if to show if you're close to someone you would just say their first name. But hey this also FanFiction so you do whatever you want:) this is your story after all!

Anyways like I said, really enjoyed the story and I'm glad I found it completed unlike most of the other stories in this category. Have a nice day!
Rhys chapter 14 . 1/30
I read your note up at the top about color guard and I was all like"omg! Another color guard peep! Yaaaaass! They are so difficult to find oml!" I'm a junior right now in high school and I'm struggling to pass all my classes with theatre, color guard and winter guard, drivers Ed, choir rehearsals, and even envirothon. If you don't know what envirothon is it is basically a competition about the environment where we have to identify plants and animals as well as measuring trees and answering questions about laws for the environment. It is really fun. Anyway about the story, you are doing a great job and I'm only on ch. 14. And you are right about there not being a lot of Rev Hale stories. I might make one soon...
Guest chapter 18 . 10/21/2016
I freaking cried at the possibility of Natalia being hung and the ending. It was all so beautiful and sweet. The crucible is my favorite movie. This was a very touching and amazing story
xX you're my good thing Xx chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
Gosh. I know that this review will show up as a review for Chapter One, but seriously, I've read this fanfiction a million times and it is my favorite Crucible fanfiction out there (apart from my own, haha).
WOW.
Let me just tell you that this fanfic impressed and inspired me beyond belief. I couldn't stop reading it; I swear I had my phone attached to my hand while this fanfic was open on the internet. I was SO disappointed when it was over, but LOVED the ending!
Like I said, this story inspired me to do something that I'd wanted to do for a while: write my own Crucible fanfic. And I did! I'm five chapters into A Kiss on the Gallows, and it's all thanks to you that it's up here on the internet. So thank you!
So, you probably just don't want to hear my inspiration blah blah. To the review: Onward, ho!
The story: I loved it. Some parts were a bit too cutesy, but I like cutesy things sometimes. I really liked the whole "Natalia-is-a-witch" part, it was in great detail and yadda yadda. Let's pretend I put something really touching in here, okay?
The writing: It was good, but some grammar typos threatened to drive me CRAZY. But seriously, the quality of the writing was G-R-E-A-T.
Again, thank you so much Soldier Of Passion for writing this AMAZING Crucible fanfic.
You make all Hale fans (myself included) very proud!
katrinadistaster chapter 18 . 12/6/2014
I really liked this. Good job!
Josephine NSW chapter 18 . 4/3/2014
I liked the ending, but it was a bit too cutesy wootesy for my taste and for the overall tone of 'The Crucible'. I think the whole Natalia dying idea would've been more dramatic and meaty, but it is your story.
I also thought the chemestry between Hale and Natalia was a bit off. It was fine up until the strole into the woods bit. Their relationship seemed to speed up to much from there but at the same time, not do anything. A lot of their screen time was given to kisses and stuff instead of getting to talk to one another and find out stuff about eachother. I don't think I really learned much about them except that they don't know that a lover is someone that you've slept with.
Also, Hale, a religeous man who believes like everyone else that the woods are a place for evil and heathens, I doubt he would've taken a girl BY THE ARM and casually strolled inside, in full view of the gossiping towns people.
Now the good stuff. I love how you've worked your OC into the story, and she is great. She's not a kickass heroine, she's a product of the time and fits into what a girl would've been like back then. I also love your side characters, Buffy and Peter. The interaction between the two friends is wonderfully executed (in fact, I would've liked to have seen more), and I like Peter tas well, but again I wanted more. These are OC's with great potential to entertain the reader as well as to help them gain insight into Natalia and her place in her context and with others.
Again well done, and keep writing.
Josephine, Australia
ForBream chapter 18 . 10/30/2013
I'm so glad I decided to look up fanfictions for this... thought I'm not sure why I did, but I'm glad. This story helped me understand the story of the Crucible much more than when we read it in my English class.

May I also say that it was a beautiful story especially this last chapter, Natalia and Hale are so good together and they have such a good life together.
Starcrier chapter 18 . 8/20/2013
I'd like to thank you for doing this, because we had to read the Crucible screenplay in English this year and I thought, hey, why not check the fanfiction for it, and then I found your story and since it followed the plot so closely I was able to use your infinitely more interesting version to prepare for my test. It was invaluable to me, as well as well-written, and I appreciate its creation as well as your existence. So thanks!

Sincerely,
Starcrier.
Onlyindreams145 chapter 18 . 5/1/2013
this was soo good that i was inspired to do my own
Spankky chapter 18 . 11/26/2012
I. F%#$ing. Love. This.
*explodes*
Very well written! This is one of those fanfics that isn't too mushy, but isn't wordy and boring! And, of course, who doesn't love Hale, right? ;P
Emily chapter 18 . 11/18/2012
I never thought crucible fanfiction would exist and now I have read eighteen chapters of it.
techflow96 chapter 5 . 10/24/2012
...John Hale is sexy just wanted to share that
sesshomaru125superior chapter 18 . 2/26/2012
fantastic story. nuff said.
Nina R. Clavel chapter 18 . 2/24/2012
*sobs* I can't believe it's over! Bittersweet! I loved the ending. Honestly, I can't think of a better one. Not what I expected but it's more than what I expected! Congrats on finishing it! I can't believe I started reading this fanfic when I was a junior in high school and I'm 21 now! And I never forgot about this story, I would always randomly check for an update! Anyways, I've rambled enough! Great job on the whole thing and Congrats again! It was a wonderful read!
mmauney12 chapter 17 . 2/22/2012
Love the story! And can't wait for the next chapter to see what happens to Natalia! 3