Reviews for The Gilded Cage
Lylet chapter 62 . 2/8
I enjoyed the story, thank you!
jenzhere99 chapter 62 . 2/7
Just finished this lovely story Thanks for writing this!
cztelnik chapter 61 . 2/5
I rarely enjoy romances but this fic had so much humor it made me laugh and I just couldn't stop. Bits like the "enough happy juice to make a Dementor cast their own Patronus" or something like that and Mr. Granger's thoughts that he'd best not tell his wife Hermione's spells weren't meant to wear off because his wife could be a "right shrew if not handled properly" boding dire warnings about Hermione that Severus had yet to learn. Yes and Tink, the "I's a garden elf" kicking Jake and taking his cigarettes. In fact all the house-elves with their inventive descriptions for Hermione and putting her in the scullery maid's room. Haha, I hope Hermione doesn't let Severus sell off house-elves who would be devastated by leaving tho.
I kind of feel bad the Warden even though he had all those people killed, he almost doesn't seem to be capable of understanding why and how it was wrong. It was horribly wrong of the Wizengamot to have put all those people into Azkaban without a trial and then just forgetting about them on purpose. They ought to all be incarcerated but of course they will escape justice as always. I like the Ffoulks the best because he was just a decent advocate. The original Scarlet Pimpernel too but looking back it's hard to deny he was only saving the rich and highborn...of course they were mainly the people being hunted and guillotined but thousands of commoners died too as the revolution spread.

Well, this is a cleverly written, funny book with loads of romantic irony and tender moments but overall an entertaining fic with some dark undertones and thoughtful questions of right and wrong and how is anyone else's right better than mine, divine inspiration and all. Thanks for sharing your muse.
jenzhere99 chapter 21 . 2/4
I started reading this story on a whim and almost stopped when you had Snape say "pussy" because it's not like him to use that word. But I stuck with it anyway and I'm glad I did! I'm enjoying it thoroughly so far and can't stop reading!
professorflo chapter 62 . 1/23
I love how imperfect Hermione was in this, and how they both needed each other mutually. I love the idea that you slipped in there near the end that it was actually Hermione in the gilded cage, and it was Severus releasing her. Beautiful story, and so well paced! I couldn’t put it down!
I loved the book! I'm really glad it had a happy ending ️ great job. I will definitely recommend this one.
Hermione Snape chapter 9 . 1/4
I don’t really like the idea of an evil Snape, if you think about it he was a hero
natashaa78 chapter 2 . 1/4
I really wanted to like this story. It’s beautifully written, I just dislike how disrespectful Hermione is to Severus. I don’t get why, it’s seems really unfair to me. My heart hurt every time she insulted him, without motive. I guess I’m just used to respectful and practical Hermione. I understand that not every story is for everyone and I guess this one isn’t for me.
sam853 chapter 34 . 12/16/2017
this is probably the most ingenious naming of house elves ever!
Aria Dragoncrest chapter 62 . 12/10/2017
Great story!
sam853 chapter 17 . 12/10/2017
coffee mmmm
sam853 chapter 14 . 12/10/2017
poor hermione she deserves a break
LibraOfSlytherin chapter 36 . 12/1/2017
I'm still waiting for Hermione to apologize to Severus all that shit she was spewing at him in the beginning. And she still does it tbh because she knows Severus can't do anything her when she's gets out of line. I don't know if she's trying to subconsciously hurt his feelings but it's low key getting out of hand. She'll say something like "Of course you hate muggleborns why else would you be a death eater" and not think twice. She assumes that she knows everything about him when in reality she knows nothing. She'll get aggravated with Ginny when the red head starts to like Severus even though she likes him too. I understand that she acknowledged that she was being a hypocrite but it's obvious she's never going to admit out loud that she was wrong. And then you have Hermione thinking Severus is an ungrateful git because he wants to rot in Azkaban when other people were kissed?! Like what? I just— ...I just high key want Hermione to apologize for all she shit that's she's said to Severus when she finds out he's innocent. Because Severus is just letting her verbally abuse him and it's not okay.
sam853 chapter 11 . 11/25/2017
what difference books, chocolate and tea can make!
sam853 chapter 10 . 11/25/2017