Reviews for A New Beginning
THAT. WAS. AMAZING. I loved it, it brought me to tears once and made me laugh

Great fanficition I think I have ever read
Keep up the good work,
From: anonymous
Laura C chapter 35 . 4/12
I love it! It captures their romance very fetchingly. Although I don't really think of Fitz's hair as curly... never mind. It's your book, you can do whoever the damned deuce you want.
Keep writing! I love the way you describe the emotions so well, skating over the more... er, risqué parts. Anyway, I searched again into the world of Fitzwilliam and Elizabeth Darcy. Thank you!
Laura C chapter 14 . 4/11
Whoa whoa whoa whoa... you went way too fast there.
As I recall, quite a bit of time passed before Darcy even got over his impression of her family, much less got up the nerve.
Laura C chapter 1 . 4/11
Hi! I'm an aspiring writer too, so I'm reading a lot of books: classics and fanfic alike. Yours is very interesting so far, although you could do better to describe the characters. Please note to the readers little things like the hair color, eye color, general bearing (e.g. for on so my characters: his wavy white hair fell perfectly around his very pale - too pale - cheeks. His bearing was forbidding, commanding, full of pride and full of prejudice. His sharp aquiline nose was his most prminent feature, but his chin was firm and well-formed, but his eyes, while a very attractive shade of grey, were nonetheless icy and harsh. With his excellently tailored blue coat, navy blue waistcoat, and golden seal ring, no wonder he looked so imperious. This was a man accustomed to comfort and obedience.)
See how long that was? Such a description cant leave anyone thinks 'I wonder what he looked like.' Unfortunately, due to Austne's own lack of description, it's hard to piece together. However, in Victorian England, dark hair and eyes were common, while blond hair or lighter eyes were rather in the minority, although it was customary for some to powder their hair. Most of the English were rather pale and the men were usuallly within a medium to moderately tall spectrum. The women were rather petite compared to their male counterparts.
This may not be very accurate, but this is what I get from reading most texts staged around the 18th or 19th century. In fact, my own story is a story about a man from the 17th century, which is why he dresses up so weird (BTW, this story is set in 1999 to 2001).
And the entrance of the wagon into Lizzy's consciousness is a kinda skeptical circumstance. She would have heard the horses screaming, or Walker groaning. So... recap.
Things to improve: description, scene setting, and exposition.
R.Greensleeves chapter 1 . 4/1
Thank you for writing this. I have really enjoyed it and as 1853kaz says it is wonderful to see the wider lives of the characters.
lovely
Irina-314 chapter 35 . 12/22/2016
Very good. Very interesting interpretion of Darcy. An ostracism twist.
1853kaz chapter 35 . 12/22/2016
Yes! I went from one story to the next, greedily devouring all you put forth! Again I have to say, I love how you give your characters more room to roam than just a Regency drawing room or hillside track. They actually do things! Perform business, deal with domestics, engage in meaningful conversations, and it is all very fascinating and utterly satisfying. Thanks again, you're amazing! What a Darcy.. from deeply unfulfilled to totally blessed.. loved the journey!
shiho59 chapter 33 . 11/15/2016
j'adore
CuppaTea13 chapter 35 . 11/11/2016
I just read through this whole story in a day- and it is fabulous. I absolutely adore it.
UNplugged3108 chapter 35 . 10/12/2016
Perfection. You told a beautiful story in a most tasteful manner. I loved your characterizations of our beloved Austen characters - very true to the original. Thank you!
BakenandEggs chapter 35 . 9/29/2016
Great story! Thanks for sharing :)
Brenda chapter 1 . 9/27/2016
EXCELLENT CHAPTER! I am very finicky about any re-telling or re-imaging of Austen and this was great - good action, absolutely spot-on characterizations, too! I am excited to read more . . .
Windchimed chapter 35 . 9/23/2016
Thank you for sharing this story. I enjoyed its twists and turns, and I liked that you provided some "mature" hints despite staying firmly within the T rating.
Guest chapter 35 . 9/23/2016
Good read though I felt the end was rushed