Reviews for A New Beginning
Maclaney chapter 8 . 6/8/2012
. . .unpleasant actions are one's duty. . .,
Maclaney chapter 4 . 6/8/2012
It's still enjoyable, but I did spot a couple of comma splices. Whoops!
Maclaney chapter 3 . 6/8/2012
Hmmm. It would seem that Darcy suffers from clinical depression. Let's see what Elizabeth can do about that. If anything, I, on the other hand, am not depressed, clinically or situationally, by what I have read so far. Your work is most impressive, with its enticing plot, understanding of the English language and how to express it properly, and well-developed, smoothly flowing story. I thank you for sharing your skills. I trust you intend to publish this work; I hope I've not missed it if you have. I have over a hundred fifty P&P variations and sequels in my collection and have not seen this one on the market nor do I recall reading it under a different title. I definitely would remember it, since the quality stands far and above nearly all I have read.
VelvetEars chapter 35 . 5/14/2012
This beautiful story was most definitely as enjoyable as I anticipated. I heartily thank you for sharing your talent for writing!
VelvetEars chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
May I just say, that even after a brief first chapter, I fully expect to enjoy to entirety of this story? I am always happy to find an author with proper writing skills, and you seem to be one. I cannot promise to review each chapter as I go, but I'll be sure to leave at least a brief note of my final impression.
csijenniferlynn chapter 35 . 5/3/2012
Sigh. Loved it.
Diamond and Stars chapter 35 . 3/13/2012
This story warmed my heart in so many ways. I loved it. Your prose is so smooth and wonderful. It was a joy to read. Thank you for sharing.
Firth'sDarcy chapter 8 . 2/26/2012
Awe! Father-son moment between Darcy and Mr. Bennet? I'd love to read more! and how did Darcy know Elizabeth wanted to read the Ballad book?
Firth'sDarcy chapter 6 . 2/26/2012
Is Darcy going through some sort of...disorder? you mentioned he was losing weight but now i think he's clnically depressed...
Firth'sDarcy chapter 4 . 2/26/2012
I wish you'd written their meating at Mrs. Walkers house! but i suppose not much happened considering how short their conversation was this time around. Still, glad there was no insult!
Firth'sDarcy chapter 3 . 2/26/2012
Okay, so this chapter has set this story out from all the other P&P fictions I've read so far. You're adding far more substance to Darcy's character than is usually done, and I am enjoying it immensley. This fic gets better by chapter!
Firth'sDarcy chapter 2 . 2/26/2012
Poor Elizabeth! Her other is never proud of her! Love this story!
Firth'sDarcy chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Love the beginning! Go Lizzy for not swooning and being useless! I imagine Darcy is half in love with her already.
Beloved Daughter chapter 35 . 2/14/2012
Thanks for recommending this story to me. I enjoyed reading this one as well. I particularly liked how Elizabeth and Darcy met. I was also struck by how Lydia "ruined the family" and what the reaction was. I hadn't thought about it like that but you're right: Lydia's naivete could get her into a lot of trouble and it's interesting that more authors don't dwell on this. Probably because everyone's favorites are Elizabeth and Jane, but still. It would be interesting to see a story where Lydia manages to turn her life around and what could cause this to happen. Could either be awesome or a complete flop. Would have to be well written and realistic to the character of Lydia though... heh. Just food for thought.
Halo221 chapter 35 . 1/22/2012
::sigh:: Another amazing work! This story was beautifully written, the characters were well-developed and while not identical to the OC, still very believable, and I enjoyed the variations in plot to make an all new story with much of the same feel as the original. An instant favorite! I'm off to read the conclusion now...
872 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »