Reviews for The Future lies in the past
theaceoffire chapter 3 . 4/8
Wow, that 11 year old changed loves... pretty quick.

And Dumbledore is a dirty old man for being so into this. Creepy.
theaceoffire chapter 2 . 4/8
...And acting officially over.

Wow.

"I am going to fit right in!"

4 seconds later:

"NAH."
theaceoffire chapter 1 . 4/8
If my baby did ANY of this, I would freak the f*** out, call ghostbusters, and cry in a corner.

Also, I think his age is messing with his brain. "I will act like a baby. HEY, LOOK AT ALL THIS MAGIC" isn't the most... brilliant acting job.

Seriously, wanded magic WITH foreign languages? Wandless, maybe, since that is all intention based.

I didn't expect any brilliance from Sirius or James, but Lily... well, I guess she just assumes it is a complicated prank?
butterflyrain23 chapter 19 . 9/10/2013
I had come across this once before and had started reading it but for some reason I never did actually finish it. Well after coming across it again I decided to read it and I have to say I really did love it! I think you really did a good job on this and I love seeing Harry so happy with life. Plus seeing him have his family is something I have always loved. I really like his relationship with his dad but you can just tell the relationship he has with his mom is special. )
Lionasha No Bruja chapter 4 . 9/8/2013
Interesting story and idea, but having the 'new marauders' constantly prank the Slytherins is a bit cruel, no? There's no mention of other houses getting pranked- just all Snakes, all the time. Why? Apparently (Malfoy excepted), because they can. What they're doing sounds a lot like harassment and bullying to me.
Noble Korhedron chapter 19 . 8/6/2013
Aw - too cute! :-D
Noble Korhedron chapter 12 . 8/6/2013
Silly sods trying to match the kids drink-for-drink! :-P
Guest chapter 19 . 7/29/2013
loved it
bogus1 chapter 3 . 1/13/2013
# Harry suddenly realised he was giving himself away if he said any more.

Yeah, like fuck. He completely gave himself away from maybe the second sentence he uttered. Let alone the teleporting and using a wand and incanting spells no one's ever heard of. They should all be freaking out and interrogating him, not "leaving him alone to play".

You, the author, obviously have next to zero comprehension of human minds. That is, you have next to zero empathy. You are a mentally sick sick sick person.
bogus1 chapter 2 . 1/13/2013
This story is lame. HP's interaction with Narcissa is childish, not even juvenile. Her characterization is utterly impossible as you make her out to be a mindless slave and robot to her beloved master Harry Potter.

When in reality Narcissa should feel horrified at the loss of her magic, and calculating, and murderous. And maybe utterly mortified at being forced to follow HP's commands. Yet the way it's written, she feels absolutely nothing.

Then afterwards, HP acts like a stupid child in his inability to decide whether to come clean or not. His imitation of a toddler is clunky at best. And that's being very charitable.

I have read better written stories authored by 14 year olds. In fact, MOST stories written by adolescent females, while extremely clumsy at times, still manage to be LESS clumsy, less *clunky* and outright LAME as this story is. As this story is from the very first chapter.

There is very little realistic characterization and EMOTING done in this story. And emoting is something human beings learn as juveniles. This really makes me wonder about the mental age of this story's author.

Was this story written as psychotherapy in order to deal with extreme psychological immaturity, emotional regression, suppression and repression? If so, I bid you good luck, but I really don't see why it was posted in public.

This story tells anyone with advanced knowledge of psychology "I am extremely young and/or fucked up".
HoosierCullen chapter 19 . 10/27/2012
Very good I know I didn't review every chapter but I found I had nothing to say about them and wanted to just get to the next one sooner rather than place my thoughts in a review. I loved this story and thought it was very good you gave Harry another start with his parents by his side and found a clever way to keep Riddle from causing problems in their lives. You still had the moron patrol aka Death Eaters give Harry troubles here and there but I think you handled the story very well and even though I tend to be a Harry/Ginny shipper I found the pairing of Harry/Hermione just as good and agree that is a directiong JK seemed to go and then decided to go another completely different direction. VERY WELL DONE and I thank you for writing it for all to enjoy.
HoosierCullen chapter 6 . 10/26/2012
Wonder who the third companion is? And how does a Keeper score goals? These are questions I would like answers to. Good job
HoosierCullen chapter 5 . 10/26/2012
That was very funny what happend to ole' Lucy. I like the Christmas celebration and gifts. It was nice of Jame and Lily to have Ron and Hermione over to the house for part of the hols. Very good
HoosierCullen chapter 4 . 10/26/2012
That was very cool for a first year for Harry and he showed Malfoy not to mess with him and think his pompous arse would be allowed to bully him and his friends. Not bad.
HoosierCullen chapter 3 . 10/26/2012
Okay now this just gets better and better and Harry having only vague memories is really interesting. I like this a lot.