Reviews for The Future lies in the past
Kai chapter 14 . 10/7
If they're not allowed to cast a Silencing Charm on the muggle, why don't they cast it on the bed?

"I won't ever forget your help!" - "Er, right. Obliviate!" That was funny!
Kai chapter 5 . 10/7
Remus and Tonks? Okay, they're legal, but really, she's 18, he's 31. Those five or six additional years in canon until they got together DO make a difference imo.
Monster King chapter 19 . 10/7
Great story.
Draeconin chapter 18 . 6/13
Your characters have a very monotonous breakfast. The same thing all the time - bacon,sausage, and eggs. No fried potatoes, no beans, no mushrooms or fried tomatoes, no black pudding or fried bread... Not that a full English breakfast would be served all the time, but a mix-up of at least a few of those things would be expected.
Saissa chapter 19 . 9/26/2017
Great story. Can't believe that I never read this one before.
Saissa chapter 5 . 9/26/2017
Lucious Malfoy - that too was hilarious and he damaged his family jewels - good for Harry for destroying one branch of the Malfoy tree. Now Harry just needs to do the same to Dracos nuts before that git pro-creates and all will be well!
Saissa chapter 4 . 9/26/2017
That was hilarious - the idea of Draco on his hands and knees, trimming the lawns by hand!
RevDorothyL chapter 19 . 9/15/2017
From such a grim start you've brought out an ending that's almost comfort food itself!
missgsmith51 chapter 19 . 9/1/2017
Nice story! I'm glad Harry had the chance to grow up with James and Lily and live a life where he was loved and valued by family and friends. It was also good for him to know an "un-Dementored" Sirius who had never suffered the ravages of Azkaban and a Remus who was always part of his life. Having loving parents also seemed to minimize the hassles he suffered from the likes of Snape, Malfoy, and other Slytherins and DEs. I guess simply knowing that there were people who would not stand idly by and allow Harry to be abused and bullied curbed the worst of it.

Interesting. It makes me wonder how different "Dursley" Harry's experiences might have been had Dumbledore actually done his job there properly. Magic would have allowed him to pop in and observe the Dursleys invisibly, giving him a chance to see what REALLY happened in that house. Then again, I suppose he didn't really want to know, as he would have had to do something about it.

The same thing is true of Hogwarts, really. Dumbledore was more worried about keeping his spy safe than he was in seeing that his students were properly treated and taught. To this end he allowed Snape free reign to abuse Gryffindors in general and Harry in particular ... and everyone knew it. IMO, a REAL spy would have hidden his "Dark leanings" and behaved like other teachers, so as not to call attention to himself. The excuse about not tipping off the DE kids was ridiculous. It was an excuse to continue his torments on innocent kids.

What if McGonagall had actually DONE her her job and cracked down on the Gryffindors when they bullied Harry? Ron should have been punished for his behavior in GoF, if you ask me - at least for the lies and attempts to turn Harry into an outcast. McGonagall should have stepped up for Harry andcautioned theentire school. Ditto Dumbledore. They were the two with the power there.

Sorry to go on a rant; but I believe the adults in Harry's life - especially McGonagall and Dumbledore - totally failed Harry. JM2K.
missgsmith51 chapter 18 . 9/1/2017
"He began to wonder again why in his first life he had ended up with Ginny; the only answer he could come up with was not a pleasant one, prolonged exposure to love potions can make some one fall for some one as quickly as he remembered falling for Ginny, it was the only reason he could think of why one day he hardly knew she existed and yet the next day he wanted to kiss her."

I have always believed this accounted for Harry's "chest monster." It's has been a few years since I last read HBP, but I have always believed that the feelings Harry was described as having clearly mirrored what the kids were taught about the effects of Amortentia. Coupled with the giggly "love potions" conversation among Molly, Ginny, and Hermione back in GoF, the events of HBP really seem to lead this reader in this direction. Judging from the number of fanfics that pair Harry with girls other than Ginny - and frequently have her using potions on Harry - I'm apparently not the only one to feel this way. JM2K.
GeorgeTobor chapter 6 . 8/28/2017
Some people just need to be exterminated and the body sent to the bottom of the ocean!
NarutosBrat chapter 2 . 5/4/2017
I'm sorry, but I can't continue. It's a really good story, but Harry being an incompetent infiltrator, and the adults not being far more suspicious bothers me, and makes it hard to immerse myself in the story.
NarutosBrat chapter 1 . 5/4/2017
Wow, one chapter, and he's already blown his cover.
Bronze chapter 11 . 1/21/2017
But I thought he'd already disposed of the toad? I guess I must've confused this with another I'm reading. My mistake. But this is still a very good story and I'm going to finish it.
Bronze chapter 10 . 1/21/2017
I don't know how anybody can call a team that has never won nor even played in the world cup a good team! I mean, every year they finish in or almost last place. That's like being proud of loosing every war you've ever fought. Or of being the poorest nation in the entire world. So I can't understand being a fan of such a poor team. The story itself though is very good. I truly enjoyed reading about Harry putting Umbitch into the Dementors arms right in front of the entire Geezgamot. As the saying goes, " Eight ball, corner pocket. " Then the idea of getting rid of the Horcruxes early so ol' Moldisnorts can't make a come back was great. As was the trap that destroyed him.