Reviews for Surprise!
Brussels Raiders chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
So funny! Oh...and for future reference, skunks are native to and live in the Philippines, North America, and South America.
TrishG chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
cute. I hope you start posting stories again soon.
konarciq chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Funny story, though I dont quite get the relation with its teaser.

Im not so sure if there are skunks in Germany (I grew up some 120 km from Düsseldorf, and never seen one or heard about someone meeting one), but hey, this is fiction ;-)
Prowler4 chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
That is so much fun! Good story!
KitKat132 chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
What a sweet & funny fic! I loved Hogans reaction to the skunks & the way you wrote about them, I felt I was in the tunnel with Hogan. And yet, you made the skunks sound adorable. What a dilemma! I also really like Maddux & the fact that he cared enough for the little orphans to save them. Poor things though, having to go back into the snow! I am also very much looking forward to re-reading SS once complete. I see where you are going to be taking a well deserved break, but please don't keep us waiting too long for the sequel to Brothers in Arms, my favourite HH story thus far. I also want to add that I was very sorry to hear of your friends untimely loss in the tragic farm accident; he sounded like a man very much loved, & who will be missed by many. Again, thanks for all your stories. I am instantly cheered when I receive an email regarding one of your updates or new fics. Jen C
marylinusca chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
Dearie, dearie. Another short with that Zoey touch - although in this case your story animals could have caused a stink. Poor Maddux - deprived of his pets. We'll have to cheer him up. I'm certainly glad I had not visited tunnel nine. Skunk spray is so hard to get out of invisibility fabric. - your beta.
dart53 chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
Very cute! I half expected Hogan to change his mind at the last moment and use them in some scam or other.
MyBigDreams chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
Nice one. I laughed so hard I nearly choked on my coffee.

Oh, and not to worry, there definitely are skunks in Germany (though I've never seen one myself). But I'm a native, and if they haven't told me utter nonsense at school, Hogan should still be on the lookout...

Great story. Keep up the good work.
Johnny Davenport chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
I don't know if Germany has skunks either, but I'm sure glad you put 'em there! :D
smithcrafter chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
I laughed all the way through this one. I used to know someone who had a pet (descented) skunk. My husband even read it over my shoulder. He says to tell you "The story STINKS! (heh-heh)"
Jennaya chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
ROFL I loved it. Poor skunks had to go out into the big bad cold world. They'd made great mascots. LOL I loved Hogan's reaction to them and to Maddux and the way Maddux rescued his heard.
Catalyna chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
LOL so was this before or after the gonculator? I'm asking because of Hogan's no pet rule ;)
Linda chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
Heeheehe! An unexpected treat as this email alert seems to have come later than it should have. So this gave me a morning giggle. Thanks so much! "Much?" HAHAHAHAHA!
GSJessica chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
Delightful! This was just as cute and funny as it could possibly be. I was put in mind of Douglas Adams' "Hitchhiker's Guide" sort of phrasing and pacing. Such wonderful choices of words and phasing thoughout-too many to pick a favorite. Loved the squadron imagery with the skunks.
Robin Margolin chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
VERY FUNNY I spit tea all over my screen.