Reviews for Aftershocks
Sheppardlover928 chapter 1 . 12/4/2016
Nice tag...yes, I agree John had to have needed time to deal with what happened to him...see, this is why I love FF...you slam dunked where the episode failed..or restriction of time didn't allow for...really delving into the repercussions and emotional turmoil is so darn intriguing! Thanks for this!
clerical medical chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Thank you for this - that episode really did need a tag - as you say, you don't have that kind of experience and just walk away from it. Your writing style was so natural and easy to read, and the descriptions so evocative without ever being heavy handed, that it was a pleasure to suspend my disbelief. Thanks again, I'm off to check out your other stories.
Potterworm chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
This was really amazing. Great story.
I-Like-Llamas chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
Wow. This was a really great story, and it's always nice to see someone fill in the gaps left by the show in a very believable way. I think you did a really good job.

That said, I do have one complaint. The flag patch on Vanessa's arm was Australian, not British. Stupid thing to nitpick over I know, but the proud Australian in me just couldn't let it go. :P

Though I really can't blame you for getting it confused. Her accent was truly awful. I waited ages for an Aussie to pop up on that show...and they give me this. Oh well. I guess I can't complain too much...Grodin wasn't really British, Zelenka isn't really Czech and Carson isn't really Scottish so they must be doing the best they can with what they have. Lol.
Jordan-Daniel chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Great addition to the original episode. I like your explanation a lot more than the one offered in the show. You caught Johns feelings really well and I am glad that you shared this story with us. Awesome!
pughugss chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
Great ending to the episode...wish they had used this instead of teasing McKay about Zelenka or maybe right before...Oh, well, I'm glad you wrote it! Thank you!
Obsessed Pam chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
I haven't been fortunately enough to see this episode yet, but who needs it when this story provides everything and more that one needs for the perfect angst read?
Keyanna chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
That was fantastic! Also, you rock to a significant degree for couching the medical complications in the actual physical symptoms that would be likely to result in a body that's convinced it's just suffered massive injury.

Fabulous extremely angsty John, and I loved the closing scene with Woolsey. You've done an incredible job of providing the kind of episode tag that was badly needed.
J loves JS chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
I enjoyed this. :-)
SKRoberts chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
What Stealth Dragon and Just Me said!
Stargate Groupie chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
Great tag! I loved it! Sheppard got a lot to think about after that episode...
The Dream Guardian chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
Great job capturing the mental trauma such an event would cause and how our body and brain are linked. I think your right that having something like that happen isn‘t something a person would easily just forgot. I really enjoy this story.
Chasing Liquor chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
This is a nice story. I would imagine there'd be some psychological ramifications for Shep, and those are well detailed here. I also like that the primary focus is Shep/Keller and Shep/Woolsey, as a fic of this sort would generally have team angst. It was a nice change of pace from the usual.
jasminesmommy chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
yup now that i can see happening i dont think he would just hop up and start running again like he always does in the show lol not happening has to be some sort of healing time :)
godsdaughter77 chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
Great story! I totally agree taht John had to have had some reprecussions and you did an excellent job in showing them! Thanks for the tag :D