Reviews for A Rescue Too Late
Fran L chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
I do not usually venture into the Hallowe'en fics, but I enjoyed your other fics so much that I thought I'd be brave. And I'm glad I was :)

Another great brother fic. You built the atmosphere so well, and Scott's exploration of TB2 was fantastic - classic without being cheesy. The machine being cold was a really nice touch, as was the blocking of the radio.

Poor Gordon and his concussion! I was really quite worried about him. Digging up the girl was creepy but sweet.

I think my favourite, most poignant line was Virgil's "We answered". So appropriate for IR, and the Tracys in general.

Another lovely story, thanks v much :)
Cip chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
...wow...

The ingenuity of this story has left me breathless! I was about as freaked out as poor old Scott when he was on TB2, and the ending was superb! fantastic story :D
moonbeam1987 chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
great story loved it:)
Purupuss chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Boy I'm glad I didn't read this in a darkened house on a stormy night. You had me guessing all the way through just what had happened to Virgil and Gordon. And what a twist at the end!

Amazing story.

Thank you.

FAB
shallowz chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
Spooky, creepy, sad, and so much fun to read.:)
Letting The Rain In chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
I really enjoyed this. Well written and decently paced, the humour came into play in just the right places and added the perfect touches. Well done! Will most certainly be reading it again with the lights turned off!
McHammy chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
Excellent story. I like a bit of supernatural every now and then. Congrats on winning the Writers Challenge with this story it was well deserved.
cathrl chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
This was deeply creepy all the way through - I never saw what was coming next, but when it did, it made perfect sense.

The only thing I wasn't sure about was the complete lack of tracks in the field and entry holes. For some reason I can buy unnatural cold, and radios failing, and loss of memory...but I'm having trouble with teleportation :) If the ghost could do move things physically by herself, why would she need people to help?

But that's a nitpick. Great story, and I loved the exchange where Gordon wishes he could remember and Virgil wishes he couldn't. I think that really says how much it's affected them.
Panoply chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
What a wonderfully creepy story. The deserted Thunderbird 2 was deeply eerie. I loved the pacing and Scott and John's interactions. A truly Halloween tale!
tiylaya chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
I really do love this story. The eeriness of the abandoned Thunderbird Two is fantastic, and you can feel Scott's rising tension and anxiety for his brothers. Gordon's confusion was incredibly endearing, and the way they found the little girl made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

Thank you for posting a wonderful and skillfully written story.
minstrelsy chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
I read this on TIC and was waiting for you to post it here so I could tell how much I enjoyed your piece. It still gives me chills - the way a true Halloween story should! Bravo!
quiller chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
This was truly spooky. If I had been watching this on tv when Scott was wandering around the deserted TB2, I think I would have been hiding behind the sofa cushions.

I like Halloween stories when there is a reason for the spookiness, and you did this well, with a nice twist at the end about the sister.

I liked the flashes of humour too - like Gordon's rescues being confined to spiders in the bath.

I look forward to whatever your Muse can come up next time!
Little Miss Bump chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
I really enjoyed this story. You managed to create such a tense atmosphere at the beginning, and I was seriously starting to freak out when Scott was alone in Thunderbird 2. I'm a wuss when it comes to scary stories, I'm afraid to say. But you wrote this wonderfully. The plot was marvellous. and I loved the twist at the end; where we discovered that Adeline wasn't the girl who had died in the well. I really wasn't expecting that (although now I come to think about it, she did keep saying "she's afraid of the dark", so she wasn't actually talking about herself.

Your written style was superb, and the characterisation was spot on. I loved picturing Jeff getting all stressed over his missing sons, resorting to swearing his head off (a thing which Jeff doesn't do all that often). Wonderful!

Thanks so much for writing a great story. I really enjoyed reading it. I hope you continue to post stories in the future. Happy writing!
lissysue85 chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
That was brilliant and really had me on the edge of my seat. I loved it