Reviews for When the Winter Comes
tanseynz chapter 20 . 11/12
A story that won't date, and so much that is practical about it including the fact that earthlike as that planet appeared, it was not. The winter blast changed everything, even though they'd been poised on perilous for a while. That sort of game changer makes a story cross a line from interesting to rivetting. I'd have loved to have seen if Amanda's river idea could have worked, but changing the game then was inspired, as well as making the rescue less easy than one woukd expect.
Love it, favourited it!
Outstanding story. Great in all ways. Thanks.
spockett chapter 20 . 8/13/2014
This was a wonderful story. Beautifully done. I love how you write Amanda and Sarek. Hope you contuine writing more about them. I also can't wait till you finish Begin Anew.
Dee chapter 20 . 4/10/2014
This is one of my favourites and I was sorry to see it end. How this couple adapted to a very dangerous situation was (pardon me) "fascinating". I found the Starfleet rescue group to be particularly lacking in any sensitivity -one would think they would make those rescued warm, dry and less hungry and also there would be some sense of empathy. I also liked the comment about the wonderful weight-loss program and Amanda's response. Again, you were consistent with your point-of view and I found that made this even more interesting to read. Keep up the great stories.
srmacrina chapter 20 . 2/10/2014
Truly one of the better stories Ms. Foley has written. Though for me, that's almost an impossible comparison to make. Without exception, my favorite among TOS fan fict.
A Reader chapter 20 . 11/6/2013
I have enjoyed your work so very much. Amanda is drawn completely with such life. Thank you for your fast paced winter adventure.
starfleetdream chapter 20 . 9/9/2013
Just re-read this after the reference to it in Home is the Sailor. Gripping tale - I've stayed up way too late reading it again. Amidst all the deprivation and personal trials, a wonderful love story. Thank you!
Guest chapter 20 . 5/18/2013
Just re-read this story. It just gets better the more times I read it. It is marvelous
Guest chapter 12 . 5/9/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
SrMacrina chapter 19 . 5/7/2013
I'm posting this here since apparently at some point in the past I reviewed in the epilogue chapter. So, readers, take this as counting for this whole story and the whole of Ms. Foley's fan fiction work.

I've been trying to re-read all the Holo stuff in order - this a little out of sequence - but find I really appreciate the beauty of the sequence and structure that Ms. Foley has created. I regret that the old website of hers that I once found appears to be no longer accessible since I could read more of things there. But I greatly appreciate the version of Mr. Roddenberry's world(s) to which she takes us and the manifest skills with which she does so. I recommend any and all of her works TO any and all and look forward as always to more.
Aduana chapter 20 . 4/6/2013
Awesome story. Loved it.
Guest chapter 20 . 12/19/2012
I'm really amazed. This is so excellent, I bet if you chaanged the names it could be a reveal book
2redbird chapter 20 . 9/12/2012
I thought I had read all your work but I found this little gem! Thanks
ilyena damodred chapter 20 . 2/4/2012
Very good.
TOSoldtimer chapter 20 . 10/14/2011
Fortunately, I have never had to survive in a contaminated war zone in the winter. I have, however, camped out in winter weather with snow-brrr! I see you wrote this story while waiting for winter. It's a very fine story. I read it on my iPhone in our travel trailer on a cold, rainy Oct. weekend. How appropriate. Couldn't put it down.