Reviews for Breaking the Girl
Mirsha chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
I read this ages ago and felt sure I'd reviewed it but it seems I haven't so here goes...

This is a great piece of writing and exactly how I imagine the meeting with Fiyero from Glinda's POV. I love the way you've described Glinda's emotions whilst she is with Fiyero; knowing he is lying to her, knowing what he is hiding, and yet unable to say too much. I also like the addition of the Maplefruit leaf (I love that part of the book too!) as it fits in really nicely; the way that Glinda watches it and remembers that night, and the way that Fiyero knocks it off, totally unaware of eveything it signifies is really poignant.
MissBonhamCartersPoppet chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
Very well done. We all know this is what was going on in Glinda's head during that scene... It's one of my favourites, or at least the "If you should see her, tell her I miss her still." part is.

And you just summed up my aversion to Fiyero-

"...Hated him for loving her (did he even love her?)"

Grr.
Dyani chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
Very well-written angst, and a great re-imagining of this scene from Glinda's point of view. I always wonder what's going on in her head at this point in the novel.
Ginger Glinda the Tangerine chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
Again, this was amazing apart from one niggling errors: "seemed to radiated up towards his skin" should be just "radiate". Other than that, beautifully written, darling. Well done.
ennaxxor chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
Poor Glinda. I really like what you did with bringing up the maple leaf, and how Fiyero just casually swept it off the door.
OSL chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
I gotta stop reading angst today, but I can't help it when the stories are all so good. Nicely done.