Reviews for Bridal Shower
MsMayfly chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
This was cute. I always wondered how Bella got out of the bridal shower and the bachlorette party. You did well with Bella's POV but I will always be a fan of your Edward POV. I think the Romeo and Juliet scene must be the one after the wedding when they don't want it to be morning.
sarlovesoccer chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
So sweet!
Ori Lee chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
Beautiful, as usual. I love how Rose was thoughtful enough to not just get Bella some skimpy lingerie and it was totally believable that Emmett would insist on some!
LauraHannah90 chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
I loved this! I really enjoyed this idea!
hippogriff-tamer chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
Hey, loved the story..I always thought that Alice would want to do something for Bella like a shower or bachelorette party even if she said "no". But SM never showed anything (I don't think)..The scene reminds me of after Romeo and Juliet are married and spent the night together before parting at daylight before her mother found him there...
I need a life bad chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
jlmckinney1982 chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
This was perfect! The perfect bridal shower for Bella. I LOVE the gift from Jessica and Angela. That was so unbelievably thoughtful. I have to admit that when Rosalie said Emmett picked something out for a gift I was embarassed for Bella before she opened the box. LOL! I would expect nothing less from him though. :) I liked that Rosalie had to actually eat something. This could fit in Breaking Dawn no problem! Great job!
ObsessedWithWords chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
This is so goreous! I agree - no way in hell would Alice have let Bella go without a bridal shower! I think my favourite bit was the cakes - Rosalie really was on her best behaviour!
Sammy73 chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
This was so sweet! I love it. Thanks!
bookish327 chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Excellent job here! I think everyone was very in character, and I liked the gifts that you chose each character to give her. All very appropriate ones. I also like that Emmett managed to embarrass Bella a little with the lingerie even though he wasn't present at the shower. Very Emmett. :-) However, I think that Bella shouldn't hold out much hope about Edward not finding out about the lingerie. First of all, Emmett will want him to know about it; in fact, he'll probably ask her if she liked his gift the next time she and Edward are in the same room with him, just to make her blush. Secondly, I know that Edward's family knows how to keep things from Edward (like Alice singing annoying songs in her head, Rosalie and Emmett thinking sexual thoughts about each other in their heads, etc.) when they're focused on doing so. However, they do let things slip by sometimes. Also, depending on how physically far away Edward is right now from the in-progress shower, he might have seen the scene through their eyes. (The humans especially wouldn't know about Edward's mind-reading in order to try to thwart it for Bella.) I'm sure that Bella will get over her modesty about being being naked or wearing lingerie around Edward once they're married, so this is all a moot point, of course.

I like that you wrote Alice as having the shower at Newton's. Bella would never have associated a bridal shower with the sporting goods store, and it was the perfect location for a surprise shower.

I also enjoyed the scene at the beginning of the story where Bella and Edward were stealing just a few more moments together in his car before they had to separate. Very sweet and fluffy. :-)
RosieWilde chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
Aw, this is just so sweet. I'm really glad I stumbled across it for a bit of light relief. It definitely did the job :)
KelseyBea chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
This was so good! Totally awesome! The gifts were perfect! I loved Jess and angelas gift that was very thoughtful and esmes hahaha I'm a little curious as to why Esme would give her that when she is building them a cottage...but still all the same very nice

Emmetts was... Interesting haha

Nd roses was nice

Emilys was GREAT hahahahaha so appropriate lol hahahaha

I do believe like you that Alice without doubt would have had a bridal shower for Bella... It is just SO Alice and she would give any excuse for a party... So yeah GREAT idea!

I loved it! And I can not wait for more!
noamg chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
I really your scenes between Bella and Edward (you borrowed this one from the parting scene after the wedding night, right?). The rest was sweet, even if Bella was a little too formal for her. is the skimpy garment the one Bella uses the night she finally manages to seduce Edward on their honeymoon?
James' Lily Flower chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
I must admit I had doubts about this... I thought it would be really tacky... however, you did brilliantly... It was so cute... It really worked... especially the idea of her being asked to work and then having a party! I loved the gifts and they all reflected the characters' personalities... My favourite had to be the italian food voucher because it was so cute and personal and it reminded me of how Angela and Jess reacted when she showed up with Edward...

I'd love to see some other one shots as responses to these... A night in the tent, Edward's reaction to the various lingerie, reading the book to Nessie, going to the italian place ect... Just a little idea, because I think it'd be cute...

Keep up the great work! I'm gonna need some more of your writing once I've finished the ones already posted... *hint*

*joking of course* haha XD

Love JLF xoxo
purelyromantic chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
Was the scene where Romeo has to leave in the morning? I'm hazarding a guess at that...

This was just too cute! Loved it and loved all the presents!
72 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »