Reviews for Fitting In
quwelli chapter 3 . 8/2/2014
I think this is lovely, and I'd enjoy more. If that's not to be, I thank you for this much. Fourteen, though? I'm as surprised as Evelyn. Interesting storyline, and one I wish they'd given more detail for in the books.
StarlightGilgalad chapter 3 . 5/26/2014
Awesome! Is that it? That can't be it! Pleeeeeeeeeease write more! This is do interesting!
ForeverRainingFire chapter 3 . 9/10/2012
Yay, yay, yay! Another chapter! Hooray! I really like your writing. I think you're demonstrating the changes and shocks David is going through well. I really loved the part when David is thinking about how some people are more alone than others, but that everyone is alone. It's interesting to think about that aspect of his thinking, especially since he lived in Egypt where family is so integral to social and cultural life. I love the Amelia Peabody series, which helped me fall in love with Egypt, and I love that you're writing a story about David, who I always wished had more page time. I can't wait for your next update!

p.s. I'm in Egypt right now, Cairo specifically, so if you want any details about the city, just let me know. I've only been here for two weeks but I'll be here for 10 months total. Cheers!
ForeverRainingFire chapter 2 . 11/21/2010
Great story! I suppose you won't update again... since it's been two years. But a girl can hope, can't she? Anyways, really good job!
TheAzureOne chapter 2 . 6/18/2010
Thanks, all-knowing other people are interested in the topic is definitely a spur to keep writing. I'm in the midst of chapter 3 and have ideas for chapter 4 (including the advent of the Peabody-Emersons!).

Will post them as soon as possible.

-TheAzureOne
camcalli chapter 2 . 6/15/2010
This was really well done. I adore the series, but it was rather an abrupt transition between the little boy that kicked Ramses in the leg and the quiet, proper young man we meet in Seeing A Large Cat. I really hope you'll do more. I'd love to see how Lia first seduced him.
Sleepy Lotus chapter 2 . 12/15/2008
this is a lovely little fic! you write david very well, and really add some great depth to his early character, as a young boy adjusting to life in an english household. he was almost more fun as a young lad, before the training of a perfect gentleman set in. lol. anyways, great job!
Lady Hamlet chapter 2 . 12/3/2008
I've always liked David, although the books never really discussed what it was like for him adjusting to living in England for a time. I'm glad you decided to write about it! I'm eager to see what happens next.