Reviews for Away Long
Guest chapter 1 . 4/4/2014
Very well done! loved reading it.
audiblyausten chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
This is so sweet! I loved it! Col. Brandon is so sweet, especially to dear Marianne... Haha, today I informed my Snape-obsessed friend that Alan Rickman played Col. Brandon in S&S...I think the whole school heard her high-pitched squeals. ;)
MrsMarianneBrandon chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
This is lovely! I love how you started it by re-capturing the moment when he first saw Marianne. I actually play and sing Weep You No More Sad Fountains on the piano all the time hoping that he will appear in the doorway (needless to say, he hasn't shown up yet! Why can't he be real? haha)

S&S is pretty much my favourite movie ever and one of my favourite books and I think you have given such a sweet glimpse into the couple's future! :)
Edwina B. Karch chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Love him, adore him, I would watch any movie, or listen to his voice any chance I get. Great story by the way. I thought that Col. Brandon was much better.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
Superb!
Iris-Reid92 chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
LOVED IT! And I do completely agree with you on the fact that Alan rickman isnthe best...and us I love him too :•)
BellesAndRoses chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Yes. Yes I do love him. XD
iloveshimmer chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
I love Alan Rickman a bit too much, if you ask me! haha I really enjoyed reading this one-shot, it satisfied my insane craving for fluff. 3
xstarrynight61 chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
Good job, you should definitely write more for S&S. Just keep in mind the time period and you'll do fine.
Flickerphile chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
Nice work. You recaptured the wonderful moment when Brandon first saw his wife. You showed him off as a loving caregiver as well. No, you are no Jane Austen. But your style is lovely nonetheless.
hippogriff-tamer chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
aww that was too sweet!
Eirien-herves vuin chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
Well lets see...how shall I put this politely? Nope, there is just no other way to put it...

I LOVE IT! As usual you come up with a winner! There is a reason I have you on my favorites list, and this is why!

You are absolutely correct, with such a man as a muse to work with, it is hard to pass a story up...isn't it?

Ah...our Alan...what a sexy beast...

That voice...*shivers*
hellsmile89 chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
i liked it and i love alan rickman too i especially loved him in robin hood
FirstDraft chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
There are so few S&S stories that I was glad to find this one - although the description of it doesn't exactly fit with the story itself!

I wish we could have seen more of a conversation between them - they have such a lovely dynamic as characters.

I hope you were able to catch the recent BBC version of the novel. There are small, subtle differences but at the same time, it feels like it goes more deeply into the relationship than the film did.
ghelaii darcy cullen chapter 1 . 11/24/2008