Reviews for Broken
savemyunicornclarence chapter 1 . 7/28
Good job. It made my heart break. The poor darling. I really hate reading when Severus is down, but I am always looking them up. I sometimes read AU where Severus has friends or a couple at least, but then I read this and get myself a downer, after that I remind myself of the canon Severus. Sighs. He needs a hug. Very lovely, sad fic.
goldenryo chapter 1 . 6/7
Exemplary writing and plot.
whitehound chapter 1 . 3/6
It's very well-writen. I think, though, that the canon evidence suggests that young Snape was probably one of Slughorn's favourites (and that he was unpopular because he was seen as a Teacher's Pet). Sluggie takes on any student he feels has star potential, not just those who have high status.

The first point is that as an adult Snape likes Sluggie enough to come to his Christmas party, and even allows drunk!Sluggy to fling an arm round him without trying to gnaw it off at the elbow. And after Snape kills Dumbledore, everybody else comes out with some variation of "Dumbledore trusted him and I trusted Dumbledore's judgment". Only Sluggie speaks of a direct relationship between himself and Snape - "I thought I knew him."

The second is that Sluggie holds Snape up as an example of schoolboy Potions excellence against whom to measure Harry's enhanced performance - "even you, Severus..."

The third is that it seems pretty clear from the notes in his old Potiuons textbook that young Sev did a lot of experimentation - probably a lot more than could be fitted in to class time. Spinner's End doesn't seem a likely venue for a potions lab. so this suggests that Sluggie gave Sev and Lily the run of a lab. in the evenings.

The fourth is that on the face of it it seems unlikely that Lucius - even if he was a responsible prefect - would become actual friends with a dirt-poor working-class half-blood five years younger than himself, and probably with a thick and very "common" accent to boot. But it makes perfect sense if they were in the Slug Club together.
MargieLuvv chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
Newsweek I need more this was sooooo sad but AMAZING and unique it was absolutely amazing! :)
crotia chapter 1 . 10/12/2013
So sad
thegirlinthewindow chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
*cries*
Allstarzs chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
This just about broke my heart and had me crying all over the place.
StarryEyedReader chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
A really good piece of writing. Brings out the sense of loneliness of his youth.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
i wanted to fav your story but i am a gust so !
Saramagician chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
Wow! Excellent! Severus's loneliness always bothered me most!
RemySevvyFan chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
This is an amazing oneshot!

I love your version of young Severus and how Madame Pomfrey feels about the students.
Kniga-Sitara chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
Great!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
nice
ranchan-akari chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Oh! *sniffles* Lily, you POOPYHEAD! James, you wanker. *glares and cuddles with Snape*
roslintower chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
That's so sad...I loved it, though. You wrote all the characters beautifully, especially Lily.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »