Reviews for death of a faerie
Iorek Byrnison chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
I just revisited Days of Yore and thought I would look at some of your other Digimon stuff and I must say that I absolutely love this. Days of Yore inspired me to start my own fic that is mostly Taichi centric and oddly enough it's progressed more in the line of Death of a Faerie. I implore you to check it out as my inspiration. :)

That said I absolutely love how complex yet simple this is. I always pictured Taichi happiest when he was tromping around in the Digital World. It always seemed strange that the digidestined could form such bonds with each other and their digimon but be so nonchalant about it as teenagers. It struck me as even stranger that Taichi could give up such an important role without it affecting him this way. Death of a Faerie is more than death. It's a descent in Taichi's point of view. It's watching his friends grow but realizing he can't take those same steps towards adulthood because his title as leader still drags him towards the past. This makes Taichi strong and weak at the same time because I believe Death of a Faerie and Days of Yore are utterly interconnected. The two balance each other out because they are two sides of Taichi. One side is this desperate boy still locked in childhood, still trembling in fear next to Datamon's electric fence wondering if his next step will be life or death and another is that journey of confusion where Taichi ends up more enlightened, but still lost in the real world.

Anyway, I'm sure you did not need any psycho babble from me so I'll leave you to your life, but I do wish you could read my fic To the Ends of My Courage and tell me what you think as it was completely inspired by you. :) Thanks for the read. It was wonderful.
Angelfish369 chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
LOVE. not really sure what else to say. it's very powerful and i am absolutely in love with your writing style.
FireFairy219 chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
I am now absolutely convinced that you are one of the best writers for the Digimon fandom! And your Hermione-fic, Fairytales, was absolutely stunning! Your fics are so breathtaking, so REAL, like you're really inside their heads and are reading the sentences that flow straight from their mind. It's amazing how you manage to do that! I mean, wow :p

I also believe that, when they parted from the Digital World at the end of season 1, Taichi was the one who would have the most difficulties in coping. I mean, he was the one who everyone put the most faith in, he was their leader, and then he had to go back to his 'normal' life. I can clearly see him having these kind of thoughts, more so than the others.

Again, great job!
Chios chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
That was amazing. You write beautifully, and very efficiently. There was no excess in that - no self indulgence - it was fairly perfect as was. Thanks for such an incredible fic.

xo
eternitysky chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
you are quite possibly the best writer i've seen for this fandom.
BenignUser chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
That is some very beautiful narrative right there. You went far beyond anything written in "Days of Yore," and the style you wrote those two pieces in is simply breathtaking.

One of my off-comments about your previous story was the lack of a proper narration for Taichi during 02 - but then when I read this, and see it as the aftermath of the first adventure but not quite extending to the second, I can't help but think you've completely surpassed "Days of Yore" in terms of getting inside Taichi's head and I can't think of anything you could possibly improve on here.

From the very moment the train comes back to Earth, you start us off with quite a bang when we see Taichi thinking the world is strange... that Earth is strange to him now, while the Digital World was home. That's fascinating, really. I love that viewpoint.

It's amazing how you describe how he can't forget the Digital World, that he's holding on to that one moment in time and almost refuses to let it pass; how he can't seem to forgive the other Chosen for moving on... perhaps he can't forgive them for no longer needing him as a leader? It's all very interesting to ponder about.

That all he has left from that world are his thoughts, his dreams, and his memories. The electric fence is a nice metaphor for his adventure and the courage he gained from it. It's certainly depressing that Taichi would wake up from his dreams and would have to remind himself that he's really back on Earth and no longer in the Digital World. His cries for more time there, 'another lifetime again and again,' to be able to do it over and over again are beyond heartbreakingly sad.

Waking up means facing the real world, and Taichi doesn't seem prepared for it. Since he 'doesn't have the strength to wait' (a very nice foreshadowing towards his future reunion with Agumon) he finds solace in his dreams and reminiscence about the Digital World.

But like you point out, dreams only last for so long, and Taichi must wake up.
Rainbow09 chapter 1 . 11/28/2008
This really is a powerful one! Wow! Heck, you made each sentence have more than one interpretation and I think that's why the whole one-shot looks so damn realistic; you made it look exactly as if we were inside Taichi's head! Only thoughts are as complex as the sentences you wrote.

Hum, and I can also see someone who's angry/sad/frustrated about Taichi's absence in the following digimon seasons. Something only pure Taichi fans would know... I might be wrong, but - only this time - I think I'm not.
pranksta-4-lyf chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
Wow, seriously, I can't really think of what else to say just wow. It's great, it's wonderful. i love it. You've done it so well. Wow.
Fizzing Wizard chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
Wow, you've really thrown me here! It seems to me to be about Taichi having difficulties letting go of what happened in the Digital World... in which case I have to say I definitely think he had that sort of issue going on too. But I feel like there are a lot of layers in this fic which I can't wait to sort through.

It's well-written and flows very well. And it's about Taichi. Can't go wrong. ;) Kudos to you!
SweetFirefly chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
Wow! Really amazing! It's hard to see Taichi portrayed as a complex character like that, and yet you made it all look real. I liked the fluidity, the "ands" and "ands" and "ands", it seems like real thoughts. Congratulations for a great fic, and thanks for sharing your talent with us! Added to my Favorites!