Reviews for The Hardest Decision
The.Clown.That.Smiles chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
Okay. So I rarely ever dip into this fandom for many reasons. The main one being I find it difficult to find a piece to my standards, more so on Evelyn (who is my absolute favourite) and it's a shame she get's passed over. This- I looked through just the category on her, and I must have missed this. So glad I looked again :D

This was lovely, beautifully written, and the feelings were written warm and smooth, all at a slow and steady pace. The ending was raw, heartfelt and, as the rest of the writing, beautifully written, and really easy to get an emotional response from the readers.

Lovely stuff.x

Jo
Veryfairygirl14 chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
What was? We dont even know why theyre there.
Maxiekat chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
I love this and it fits so perfectly with Evelyn's character. She would put was best for the boys ahead of her, even if it meant sending them away. I have an early version of the screenplay, and Bobby tells Jack that Evelyn "pushed him out of the nest."
HeavenRose chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
This was a very original idea.

Good job; I liked it a lot. :)
lfcgirl81 chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
I hope these little snippets keep popping into your mind! :) This was gorgeous and exactly somethng I'd imagine Evelyn would do. She took them in because she wanted to give them a better life than they had and therefore they need to move on when its time. It's good that we all know Bobby always comes back for family though. Evelyn raised them right!

Thank you so much for this! I was very happy to see this alert in my inbox!
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
Wow. Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.
Kat1132 chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
So wait, she told him to leave? Odd. I would never have pictured that, but I guess it makes sense in a way. Every mother wants their kids to grow up and be successfull in life, and most kids can't do that living at home. It was certainly interesting.

Have you thought about doing a piece on how the brothers met Evelyn (including, not including, Craig)? Just leading up to when they all moved away and she's sitting at home cooking for one (or two if you do add Craig). That's a story I think you could write really well.

(I really want to see the scene where she scolds them for not showing up on Craigs addoption day.)

I liked this oneshot. I would read more like this if there were any. Thanks for the original idea!