Reviews for Holding Out For You
Fliberty chapter 37 . 9/24/2010
It was so nice to see Liz visit Bella and apologise. That was really lovely and Bella handled it beautifully. You could see what a lovely relationship they could have in time and it was a good opportunity for Bella to share something she cares about with Liz to let her know her better.

It was nice to see Bella finally open up and let Alice in a bit more. I’m glad Alice was so honest with her about everything.

I liked the set-up for Liz to be the one to invite Bella and Seth onto the boat. It was hard for Bella to refuse when it was Liz that asked. I loved the image of them all tucked up together to watch the show so intimately. That was lovely.
Fliberty chapter 36 . 9/24/2010
I can't believe he grabbed her, kissed her, apologised and then walked away!

I can't decide if Bella is angry because he was being controlling or because he apologised for kissing her.

I'm a bit surprised Alice hasn't spent more time with Bella as you mention in your a/n. I assumed it was happening in the background, like the time Alice met her and Seth at the park with Anthony while Edward and Liz went to therapy.
Fliberty chapter 35 . 9/24/2010
Bella is really going through the mill. I really felt for her when Seth called wanting to come home. I hope Jake sorts himself out.

Angela is sweet but all the confusion about Ben is going to take some sorting out. Poor Edward.
Fliberty chapter 34 . 9/24/2010
Grr! Why couldn’t Jake act like as decent bloke when Edward first arrived? Instead, he starts all the trouble then switches when Bella has already left in frustration. The friction was so unnecessary and annoying; they should have been bonding over their mutual affection for Seth not acting like jerks and making everything worse.

I really feel for Tony, he’s been overlooked because Liz is the one making all the noise and trouble. He’s well behaved so no one paid attention to his feelings about the loss of his Mum. Now that he has kicked up a fuss and taken it out on Liz, at least they realise he needs help to deal with this too.

The therapy sessions were fascinating and very well done. I was surprised at Heidi’s comments about Bella. I suspected that it wasn’t Bella herself that was the problem, but the threat that Liz perceived her as. However, I was surprised that Liz has such strong affection for Bella underneath.
Fliberty chapter 33 . 9/24/2010
Oh, how I'd like to thump Jake for forcing himself on Bella. It really makes me want to hurt him.

I love Anthony; he’s the sweetest, kindest kid. I loved how he opened up to Bella about how much he’s grown to love her and wants her to be his Mum. I’m really glad that Bella was honest about how much she loves him too. I am surprised that Anthony isn’t also attending therapy; it feels like he’s been overlooked.

Edward and Jake were predictably irritating but I kind of expected that from Jake. Edward surprised me a bit with his snobbery but I suppose he was feeling extremely insecure since he and Bella aren't together anymore while she and Jake will always be tied together by Seth.
Fliberty chapter 32 . 9/24/2010
Seth and Anthony's attempts at getting Bella and Edward back together were adorable. I love how Edward treats Seth like one of his own.

I'm curious about Edward and Jake meeting, this should be interesting...
Fliberty chapter 31 . 9/24/2010
I love Alice. I'm so glad she isn't pulling away from Bella but sticking with their friendship.

Edward is so closed off. It's strange to observe his reaction to Bella leaving. He's going through the motions. It seems so much more obvious since Bella has gone, it wasn’t so extreme before. I guess before he was used to ‘passing for human’ and now he’s got out of practice.

It was nice to see Liz responding so well to therapy already. She needs to feel like there is someone who is always on her side.
Fliberty chapter 30 . 9/24/2010
Oh, so sad but nicely done.

I spent a lot of the last part wondering how similar Bella's decision is to Edward's in New Moon. The thing is, she explained it to him and took the time to convince him he needed to work with Liz and not be distracted. She didn't lie to him to make him accept it but she wasn't completely honest either because she did hint that she should move on when she loves him and has no intention of doing so.

I can't help but wonder what Edward will make of his conversation earlier with Jake after this.
Fliberty chapter 29 . 9/24/2010
I'm glad Edward is taking some positive steps to tackle the situation. They need to heal as a family.

Edward also needs to talk to Bella, although I think it may be too late. She doesn't know that he is starting his family in therapy or that he loves her. I don't really know why he hasn't told her yet. I wonder if it would have changed anything or if Bella would still removed herself from the situation.
Fliberty chapter 28 . 9/24/2010
This is so sad but I could feel it coming. I kind of think it has to happen, nothing is going to change, it’s stalemate.

I think Bella is showing amazing strength both in making this decision and sticking to it but also in dealing with things like Jake in such circumstances. She is a really good person.

I love how Alice and Edward rallied around to help look after Bella and take care of Seth for her. They are such a warm caring family and they have extended it to include Bella and Seth. It was so sad that Alice can also feel it coming, Edward too to a smaller extent.
Fliberty chapter 27 . 9/24/2010
Poor Bella, she is trying so hard and seeing Seth hurt on top of everything else was too much.

I don't think Liz will let up until she sees the effect of her behaviour. If Bella and Seth aren't around, the two people she treasures the most will be devastated. I'm thinking that Liz needs to see how empty her father is without Bella before she will change her opinion.
Fliberty chapter 26 . 9/24/2010
Poor Edward, he's in such a difficult position. Liz's behaviour was awful. However from her perspective, she is watching every part of her life being invaded by other people and she didn't choose that. Obviously, she saw the boat as something special for the three of them after her mother died. It's even harder for her because Tony kind of chose Seth and loves Bella so she is alone in this feeling too. I guess she sees that Edward gains Bella, Tony gains Seth but Liz loses both her father and brother to someone else.

I have a feeling Bella is considering bowing out of this relationship for Edward's benefit. She is struggling with Liz's behaviour but I imagine also with Edward being torn between the two of them.
Debbie3850 chapter 50 . 9/23/2010
Fantastic story, I loved every minute of reading it.

I really liked the way you ended it, with Liz's POV!

Thank you for writing such a heartfelt story for all of us to enjoy. :D
TEAMEJforeverloveTWILIGHT chapter 20 . 9/23/2010
So yet another chapter! Im excited! Lol. Cause we get more of the boat! And some lovin! D Ah ha i thought they werent using protection. Interesting. Hahaha. They dont have to stay long, well i know what hes thinking. Lol! So i loved this chapter soo much! It was wonderfully amazing and i cant wait for more. But unfortunately, I have to go for now. But i will be back tomorrow! Woo. Lol! So see you soon! D

TEAMEJforeverloveTWILIGHT chapter 19 . 9/23/2010
So STOB chapter! Which i seriously still think is sex on the boat. But we'll see. Lol! Anyways lets get onto the good stuff! D Aww, is this the story about how he went to see and he would always know where to come back because of the light that she kept on? Okay so wrong story. Lol! But i did love his story anyways! D Hahaha. I was soo right and that was pretty awesome! Lol. So anyways i loved that chapter soo much! It was amazingly wonderful! And i should be doing another chapter tonight. I hope. Lol! SO im off for now! D

18,544 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »