Reviews for Holding Out For You
Fliberty chapter 17 . 9/22/2010
Their day out sounded fun. It was awful when they lost the boys I really felt for Bella having to deal with Liz's anger while she was beside herself worrying about her son and his friend.

I'm interested to know what Liz was smiling at Bella about after the boys were found. I hope it was relief and/or an apology to Bella and not something unpleasant. I'm glad Bella gave her the benefit of the doubt, even if it looked suspect.

Bella will have to learn to walk a careful line between being courteous, leaving the door open to be friends on Liz's terms, and not accepting disrespect from her. Bella can’t change Liz’s feelings, only Liz can decide she wants to be friends. It would be dangerous to allow Liz's behaviour to control over them by pandering to her too much but under the awful behaviour is very young girl who is really hurting.

Edward doing half-naked bucket drills with a bunch of Fireman was quite an image. As for how much he was getting into it for Bella’s benefit, well…words fail me! It was nice to see such a fun and light-hearted side to him.

I really didn’t want Bella to go home but I think she was right and Edward needs to talk to Liz about everything that’s going on. Even if she doesn’t like it, it’s better if he prepares her. Bella was showing how good her parenting instincts are to be looking out for Liz despite what her other instincts were telling her (and Edward!). I’m sure they’ll make up for it next weekend though.
Fliberty chapter 16 . 9/22/2010
I can't believe the level of pressure on these kids. Poor Bella, I don't think I'd handle that well.

I like the relationship Seth has with Edward and how much Anthony supports Seth too. I loved how Anthony ran out to encourage him when he was struggling, they are so good for each other. It was funny to hear from Alice how hard Edwards finds it to watch Anthony pitch too.

I have a feeling Jessica won't leave Bella alone any time soon. I'm not sure who is worse, her or Mike. Lauren seems to be taking this personally too.
RobzBabe chapter 7 . 9/22/2010
heyy.. i am really sorry that i havnt reviewed for the past couple of chapters.. the story is interesting that i jus want to rush to the next chap instead of reviewing... I love the story... and i agree with you that you cant jus rush into love when you meet person.. there are sum circumstances and things you have go thru and after all you have to be good frnds first and then fall in love... i am loving every bit of your story...

so umm, i'll reveiew after every few chaps.. but not for all.. the suspense gets the better of me! lol

so i am off... bye!
Fliberty chapter 15 . 9/22/2010
I love how calm Bella was about waking up with Edward, like it happens all the time. I love that this Bella talks in her sleep too. I was surprised that Bella made the first move physically and things were going so well before the boys interrupted.

I felt for Liz when she found out what happened, it's like she thinks she is the only one who remembers or misses her Mum. I really feel for her.

Edward seemed to be handling everything so well until he was alone. I'm not sure how he's ever going to get rid of his guilt, I hope it eases in time.
PNW Luna chapter 50 . 9/21/2010
I very much enjoyed this story. Thank you for sharing.
Fliberty chapter 14 . 9/21/2010
Yay, Seth performed really well at his first match!

I thought Bella was gong to fall into the shark tank! I loved that Edward fixed her hand personally and now it looks like her has put her to bed. Aw, so sweet.
Fliberty chapter 13 . 9/21/2010
I'm glad that Edward finally explained more about Tanya and how she died.

I'm glad Bella has made a bit of progress with Liz too. I think she could be very good for her.

Their day sounded lovely. I was really nice to imagine the three kids and the dog playing happily on the beach.
Fliberty chapter 12 . 9/21/2010
I enjoyed reading Bella’s version of the kiss. I also enjoyed her interesting thoughts about how he might have an “animalistic side to him, hidden under the cool exterior.” I’m keen to hear more about that and if she’s right.

Mike Newton, is just creepy. I have a bad feeling about him. I really felt for Bella when she had to deal with him as well as a very angry and scared Elizabeth. I hope she will come around in time and see how much happier her Dad is..

I actually felt a bit sorry for James when he fell. Seth and Anthony were adorable refusing to admit who had tied his laces together!
Fliberty chapter 11 . 9/21/2010
Oh, poor Edward. He is in such a difficult place. It’s so good that he was relaxing and planning to kiss Bella but so sad that he felt so much guilt that made it impossible. I’m so glad he has Alice to support him.

It was hard to read that Edward’s date had been so hard for Liz to deal with. It was awful so see how Edward handled Liz’s anger so badly when she added more to the guilt he was already feeling about his date.

I’m so glad that Edward didn’t shy away from talking about the night before when he saw Bella. I’m glad he had the guts to bring it up straight away to remove the awkwardness. I love how they tease each other. Edward is pretty irresistible when he’s when he’s being so confident. I loved their first kiss. What a kiss, it was great!

Their moment was once again spoiled when they realised Liz was hurt by it. I’m glad Edward talked to her and that she was coming to terms with him needing to be happy too. As usual, Seth and Anthony were great, I loved their reaction to the news.
Fliberty chapter 10 . 9/21/2010
I loved Bella’s moment with Tiffany when she took her home. I liked Bella even more for being so sweet to her.

I love Seth, he is such a strong, loyal and kind-hearted boy. I love how something so awful was turned into a good thing in his eyes by the respect of his coaches and team mates. Poor Bella, I really felt for her when she heard how James had hurt Seth. I must admit I’m curious about how Seth will choose to retaliate. I was impressed with the way that Edward handled it though.

The date was lovely. It was nice to see them having so much fun together. It was as though Edward forgot about this loss for a few minutes at a time and really enjoyed himself but then it would all come back to him along with his guilt at having forgotten for a while. His choice of restaurant and the outdoor theatre were great and he had put so much thought into making sure Bella would enjoy it. It was so sad when Edward seemed to panic when Bella asked him in and he left so suddenly. I’m glad Bella was level-headed enough to realise it wasn’t something she had done but that dating is so difficult for him.
Fliberty chapter 9 . 9/21/2010
I enjoyed reading about their night out, it was nice to see them all together.

I loved Bella standing up to Edward and teasing him right back.

I'm looking forward to their first 'offical' date.
Fliberty chapter 8 . 9/21/2010
I'm loving all the teasing and Edward strong male role model lessons for Seth.
Fliberty chapter 7 . 9/21/2010
It was sweet to see Edward and Bella relaxing together, they got on so well. I loved all the flirting and how Edward didn't want her to leave.

Elizabeth is so hard to read about at times, she seems so lost and broken. I loved the glimpse of the girl she used to be.

I loved Alice's speech and Edward's nerves about Bella's phone call. His Freudian slip was brilliant, as was his reaction to it !
Fliberty chapter 6 . 9/21/2010
Anthony’s excitement about Seth being on the team was great. After hearing more about James and what he said to Anthony, I’m pretty impressed with Seth and how he stood up for his friend. James and his sidekick being on the team could make things interesting.

I was impressed that Edward knew he had heard Bella’s voice before. Alice made me laugh with her descriptions of Bella for Edward’s benefit.

I loved Edward’s reaction to seeing Bella again. All of his smiles were nice to read about and I’m glad Bella noticed.

Mike and Tyler were creepy, I’m glad that Alice rescued Bella once again.

Alice’s reaction to hearing how Edward and Bella had met was good. It was so awkward when Bella asked about Edward’s wife and found out what the family are going through. I‘m really glad Bella’s reaction to this fact was so different from the sharks in the area as she immediately considered the pain Tony and Elizabeth are going through instead of being relieved that Edward was single.
Fliberty chapter 5 . 9/21/2010
Loved the snake, Bella was so funny!

Seth’s excitement about the tryouts was adorable. Bella and Alice hit it off nicely and Alice was so welcoming and helpful. Emmett was fun too.

I loved Seth for sticking up for Anthony against James. I’m glad Anthony and Alice stuck up for Seth in return and sent Jessica packing

I liked the phone call with Coach Cullen, I‘m impressed with his commitment to the baseball team and Seth in particular. I‘m guessing Bella being the team Mom means she will have more contact with Edward then?
18,548 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »