Reviews for Holding Out For You
Fliberty chapter 11 . 9/21/2010
Oh, poor Edward. He is in such a difficult place. It’s so good that he was relaxing and planning to kiss Bella but so sad that he felt so much guilt that made it impossible. I’m so glad he has Alice to support him.

It was hard to read that Edward’s date had been so hard for Liz to deal with. It was awful so see how Edward handled Liz’s anger so badly when she added more to the guilt he was already feeling about his date.

I’m so glad that Edward didn’t shy away from talking about the night before when he saw Bella. I’m glad he had the guts to bring it up straight away to remove the awkwardness. I love how they tease each other. Edward is pretty irresistible when he’s when he’s being so confident. I loved their first kiss. What a kiss, it was great!

Their moment was once again spoiled when they realised Liz was hurt by it. I’m glad Edward talked to her and that she was coming to terms with him needing to be happy too. As usual, Seth and Anthony were great, I loved their reaction to the news.
Fliberty chapter 10 . 9/21/2010
I loved Bella’s moment with Tiffany when she took her home. I liked Bella even more for being so sweet to her.

I love Seth, he is such a strong, loyal and kind-hearted boy. I love how something so awful was turned into a good thing in his eyes by the respect of his coaches and team mates. Poor Bella, I really felt for her when she heard how James had hurt Seth. I must admit I’m curious about how Seth will choose to retaliate. I was impressed with the way that Edward handled it though.

The date was lovely. It was nice to see them having so much fun together. It was as though Edward forgot about this loss for a few minutes at a time and really enjoyed himself but then it would all come back to him along with his guilt at having forgotten for a while. His choice of restaurant and the outdoor theatre were great and he had put so much thought into making sure Bella would enjoy it. It was so sad when Edward seemed to panic when Bella asked him in and he left so suddenly. I’m glad Bella was level-headed enough to realise it wasn’t something she had done but that dating is so difficult for him.
Fliberty chapter 9 . 9/21/2010
I enjoyed reading about their night out, it was nice to see them all together.

I loved Bella standing up to Edward and teasing him right back.

I'm looking forward to their first 'offical' date.
Fliberty chapter 8 . 9/21/2010
I'm loving all the teasing and Edward strong male role model lessons for Seth.
Fliberty chapter 7 . 9/21/2010
It was sweet to see Edward and Bella relaxing together, they got on so well. I loved all the flirting and how Edward didn't want her to leave.

Elizabeth is so hard to read about at times, she seems so lost and broken. I loved the glimpse of the girl she used to be.

I loved Alice's speech and Edward's nerves about Bella's phone call. His Freudian slip was brilliant, as was his reaction to it !
Fliberty chapter 6 . 9/21/2010
Anthony’s excitement about Seth being on the team was great. After hearing more about James and what he said to Anthony, I’m pretty impressed with Seth and how he stood up for his friend. James and his sidekick being on the team could make things interesting.

I was impressed that Edward knew he had heard Bella’s voice before. Alice made me laugh with her descriptions of Bella for Edward’s benefit.

I loved Edward’s reaction to seeing Bella again. All of his smiles were nice to read about and I’m glad Bella noticed.

Mike and Tyler were creepy, I’m glad that Alice rescued Bella once again.

Alice’s reaction to hearing how Edward and Bella had met was good. It was so awkward when Bella asked about Edward’s wife and found out what the family are going through. I‘m really glad Bella’s reaction to this fact was so different from the sharks in the area as she immediately considered the pain Tony and Elizabeth are going through instead of being relieved that Edward was single.
Fliberty chapter 5 . 9/21/2010
Loved the snake, Bella was so funny!

Seth’s excitement about the tryouts was adorable. Bella and Alice hit it off nicely and Alice was so welcoming and helpful. Emmett was fun too.

I loved Seth for sticking up for Anthony against James. I’m glad Anthony and Alice stuck up for Seth in return and sent Jessica packing

I liked the phone call with Coach Cullen, I‘m impressed with his commitment to the baseball team and Seth in particular. I‘m guessing Bella being the team Mom means she will have more contact with Edward then?
Fliberty chapter 4 . 9/21/2010
I love Edward’s relationship with Anthony, they are so sweet together. Elizabeth’s awkwardness with him is so sad, her pain is so obvious. I like the way that Edward handles it and how much he tries to comfort her.

The baseball practice was sweet, Edward was so patient and it was obvious how much they share this interest and their closeness.

Jasper was sweet and it was nice how much Edward supports Alice marrying him and having their own home, despite how much easier it is for him to have Alice living with them. Alice is such a saint, she’s held this family together for so long.

I liked how Edward was so distracted by seeing Bella at the school. It was great that Anthony was just as taken with Seth at school as he was.

It was sweet to see Seth growing in confidence at the baseball try outs and I really liked the way that Edward was so focused on finding ways to help him practice.
Fliberty chapter 3 . 9/21/2010
The owners of Bella’s cottage seem an interesting couple. I liked this bit:

"Yes, sir. I have a forty five revolver just waiting for someone to come in my house unannounced." I made a mental note to remember to talk to Seth about the crazy old lady next door that has a gun.

"Almost shot Dave three months ago when he came in unannounced."

She sounds like fun. I don’t like the sound of the breezy loo though!

I was glad to see the back of Jake. I suppose he isn’t all bad but I didn’t like the sound of Bella’s thoughts about all his controlling behaviour.

It was nice to see more of Seth, particularly his excitement. Clint Eastwood appearing at school was a surprise too.

I liked the way that Anthony and Seth met. Anthony‘s his wistful reaction to Seth and Bella together was so sweet and sad.
Fliberty chapter 2 . 9/21/2010
Wow, Edward is going through a lot. He's lucky to have so much help from Alice though and his kids obviously need them both.

Anthony seems such a sweet, sunny child. Elizabeth seems such a sweet girl going through so much that she can't process. It was heartbreaking when she was accusing Edward of not caring enough about the anniversary. They all seem to have so much healing to do .

What a harrowing day Edward had. I like the fact that meeting Bella was the high point and I loved the way you tied it in with his thoughts about needing Tanya to help him move on with his life without her. Buddy seems to have been directed to Edward by someone…
Fliberty chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
This looks good so far, I like the opening.

I'm not keen on Jake so far but Seth is adorable.

Bella and Edward meeting on the beach because of Bella's dog was a nice idea.
atxcullen chapter 50 . 9/20/2010
*sniff* indeed, good luck with the publishing...

It took me a few starts to get that it was an Elizabeth POV, so sweet though. Amazing what therapy can do.

My only disagreement is the line about Justin just passing the bar and being able to provide a life of luxury. I suppose it's possible if his parents paid for law school and he starts out in litigation at 6 figures, but all of the lawyers I know, including my hubby are solidly middle class and paying $50-100K in student loans and will be for most of their lives.
PNW Luna chapter 26 . 9/20/2010
I have so totally been where your Bella is x3. I have three step-daughters. All are adults now with families of their own. There really is nothing Bella or Edward can do but reign in their temper and wait for her to grow up. Bella should continue to be thoughtful and kill her with kindness.

My three eventually came around and have nothing but love and respect for me now. Thank god for xanax or I may not have made it through the worst of it though. My one consolation is that our oldest daughter, she treated me the worst, now has her own three step-children. Karma baby, Karma!
RobzBabe chapter 4 . 9/20/2010
awww... Dad-Son interaction was cute.. :))

Alice and Jasper 3

waiting for E&b to meet at the interaction with parents...

moving forward...
RobzBabe chapter 3 . 9/20/2010
hahaha... the description of Jan was soo funny.. Had i been in Bella's place.. i am sure i'd have laughed... But she was sweet too...

Seth & Tony friends... yayyy... so that means E&B mite get to meet faster ;)

off to read the next part..
18,540 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »