Reviews for Sink Her
blackkitty95 chapter 1 . 4/22
This is absolutely amazing. You wrote their relationship brilliantly. Excellent choice of words and incredible writing style. I was captivated from start to finish. Kudos. Well done!
bluelightsaber12 chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
Queen Serenity chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
Enjoyed my read of this.
PeersHitInMoscow chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
This is such a beautiful and true analysis of their relationship! Love it! This story makes me get all giddy even though I know it's far from healthy, haha.
ncade chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
Love it! This explains them so well. Write more!
Alyx chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
That was soooo, good! No AMAZING! Please please please do more like this!
The dark side of the mind chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
WOW never read anything so good.

And i read a lot.

It was let me spell this out

Padfootandprongs14 chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
I LOVE IT! I love how you incorporated how caring he could be to her as well as cruel. I love how you did your research. :) I was smiling the whole time.
harleyQdoll chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
i thought this is brilliant, written well

i love it :]
KagomeHig715 chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
OMg that was so good.. SO CUTE.. that was amazing.. I love it.. please continue to write your fantastic stories
Shinjite Florana chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
I loved it. You touched on almost all parts of the Joker and Harley’s relationship. It was wonderful to read, and I had to read it through twice before I was even close to satisfied. Thank you so much for your time and effort put into this piece.
xkaarinax chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Dark Rabbit chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Damn, but that's good! I love the detail of it, the way your tone is off-hand and casual, but it's obvious how much thought you've given to the story.

Well done, write this pairing some more!
Lee chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
OMG, that was awesome - the best of the best when it comes to our wacky duo. I really like how this was written - very descriptive with lots of 'extra' wording that makes a fic fun to read. It was definitely different, and it worked.

Loved the line about shooting up Manequins - LOL! I can so see them doing that, and it would make a nice fic all by its onesie.
princessebee chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
This was a very enjoyable piece, lovely and introspective, covering a good many aspects of this fabulously twisted relationship.

At times, you use a few two many adverbs for even my taste (I'm a big abuser of them myself!) making the text seem a little too flowery, but nothing a quick beta can't fix.

"Fact: She cries more than she laughs when she's with him."

I don't feel this is true, actually. I think it's probably in equal shares. I think their relationship has more mutual amusement to it than many people realise.

I also think fans seriously overestimate his efforts to actually deliberately kill her. He's really only tried a couple of times on purpose, in both mainstream and animated canon combined. Even in Mad Love, it wasn't a deliberate attempt to kill her, he just lashed out at her in fury and consequences be damned. I have more thoughts on this if you're interested.

The piece began to really pick up towards the middle, as though you gained momentum, had warmed up to what you were writing and your thoughts and ideas began to pour out far easier.

"Things like a hand up at the end of a fight, purple leather crossing over nimble black as she would draw her lips into a smile to match his. Even when he just pushed her back down again, it spoke volumes to her. Tiny compliments – flippant and scarce - made her forget the gaps in between until her life was just a long string knotted with diamonds. The jewels shone brilliantly, making her forget about the nothingness in between. A thoughtful 'so, you've changed you perfume' and 'was that a new brand of greasepaint' showed his attention in small, wonderful ways. Whispered jokes before waking hours and whoopee cushions left on her side of the bed warm her heart as much as any old cliché manifestation of love."

This paragraph is love. It's beautiful. These little details.

And the truth? THIS is what most relationships are made up of. Little details. Grand gestures are tied to our ideas of romance but are not so often carried out, except for special moments. Real relationships are the little touches that let you know you're different.

That said, he has made some grand gestures, they just don't conform to romantic stereotypes.

"(Fact: The opposite sex drew little to no interest to him before her. He tells himself that physical contact is just another way to control and manipulate, and yet there are times when he cannot forget the taste of her for hours.)"

PUR. However, you have changed perspective from Harley to Joker, when the rest of the piece is in her perspective. For the sake of the narrative integrity you should adjust this paragraph so that it is her observing this in him.

"compassionate silence"

I think you mean companionable.

"On bad nights she would find a place to sleep somewhere else in the hideout of the moment, and she'd still blink drowsily throughout the night to find him with her. He'd always be gone in the morning, but that didn't change the fact that she knew."

"Those moments were few and far between – no words were spoken, and she wouldn't even dare to touch him in comfort. She would be silent – a pillar as she observed his grief with her eyes only."

I'm thrilled if you drew inspiration from my work, Piety, on this but equally as thrilled if it is an independent conclusion you have come to. I love to see these common threads in the fandom come up!

Write more!