Reviews for Tangled Webs
silverbirch chapter 2 . 11/21/2008
I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't think you could improve on that first chapter. You've proved me wrong.

I don't think I will ever think of Lavender in the same way again. You've created such a magnificent character, in a beautiful story.
scorsby chapter 2 . 11/21/2008
this is so amazing and bloody hell you write fast!Or is it all already finished and you're just posting but by bit?

anyway. Love itt so much. So well written and amazing and intruiging and compelling and unusual and different and everything.

the only thing I wish you could clarify (Im a bit thick like this)- at the end, after the talk with hermione, what does lavender mean when she says "It didnt even mean anything" what is the feeling and thinking at that point?

Id appreciate it if you'd reply and tell me.

BRillient story.

Cheers,

Zellahxx
The Steppy One chapter 3 . 11/21/2008
*'I really didn’t want Seamus and Parvati to come along and start making logical, valid points.'*

Yes, it can be highly annoying when friends hit you with logic and reasoning!

*“I think they’d find a way to trick even the best Seer in the world.”*

Infuriating, aren't they?

*“No,” I heard her say softly, with a little laugh that’s the kind of laugh people give when they don’t know what else to do. “I meant . . . why would you do that . . . for me?”*

Oh! *flails*

*“There is one thing I’ll take credit for.” She looked at me, expectantly. “When he kisses you, does it make your knees weak?” A blush was her only answer. I sank back into my pillows, eyes shut, a satisfied smile on my face. “That was me,” I said, even as I began to drift off to sleep. “Trust me. You wouldn’t have wanted the first version.”*

I...I've run out of things to say! That was...that was just spot on! And the end with Seamus and her recovery... oh!

This was wonderfully thought out, wonderfully constructed and brillianty executed. I just love how you take fringe characters and make them interesting and fun to read about. For this I applaud you.

Very well done.

;) x
I'm Just Drawn That Way chapter 3 . 11/21/2008
I don't have words for how much I loved this story, and I'm usually not a Hermione/Ron shipper at all. I have a newfound respect for them as a couple, and for Lavender in general.

This was incredible. I plan to read everything you've ever written now. (Well, not RIGHT now. But soon!)

Truly, truly, deeply loved this story.

You are freaking awesome. Don't stop.

Love,

-IJDTW
The Steppy One chapter 2 . 11/21/2008
YOu have no idea how hard it is for me to review this chapter without reading chapter 3 first, because I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS! lol

*'They occasionally took my breath away, and I wasn’t even attracted to the guy.'*

You just KNOW that Ron is a brilliant kisser!

*'Silly boy.'*

*snorts*, Bless him.

Oh, and OH! You had her really upset over the whole thing and then with Hermione defending his loyalty at the end but that making things worse for Lavender because if something had happened then it would have been worth all the emotional strain and energy. Poor girl.

Okay, how do you have me feeling sorry for Lavender Brown?
The Steppy One chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Oh. My. God.

How do you do it? How do you come up with a plot that turns everything we thought of as solid canon completely on it's arse and make it so unbelievably believable? HOW?

Seriously! Everyone thinks of Lavender as the annoying shallow gossiping girl who somehow ended up in Gryffindor, and - more importantly - was a bitch for taking Ron off Hermione when they were obviously ready to declare their undying love for the other one. But YOU, you show us the side of her that has her KNOWING people and UNDERSTANDING them. Granted, things haven't gone well for the girl yet, but I have faith in her.

I have a feeling some peoplpe die hard Hermione/Ron shippers won't like the fact that you made Lavender a nice person who really was only trying to make a miserable common room a little better for all involved - how tedious must the will they/won't they have become for the spectators? - but I think it's wonderful. You know me, I am a die hard Hr/R shipper, but I love the idea that Lavender was just trying to play matchmaker.

Can I just add that I LOVE how subtly snarky Parvati is, *“Attacking him with canaries, declaring her undying love, they’re only a step apart, really.”* I actually laughed out loud, and this *“Well, yes, she could have picked Draco Malfoy, but I have a feeling he’d have said no,”* also genius. I, of course, won't accuse you of poking fun at D/Hr shippers! :P

Right, I need to stop waffling and read the rest of what you've posted. Also, thanks for the dedication, I shall be pimping you and this like mad later. :D

Step ;) x
blackolives10 chapter 2 . 11/21/2008
Another great chapter! I loved all the opportunities Lavender gave Ron to break up with her and how he didn't take any of them. I also like reading about how Lavender perceives people; she really reads people very well!
sophia666 chapter 2 . 11/21/2008
Great story! I love your Lavender, and her thoughts, her actions (she makes a lot of mistakes, even though they are well-intentioned), and how she is Ron and Hermione's biggest advocate. Is there anyone for Lavender? I love her talent for reading people. Great writing. Please update soon.
I'm Just Drawn That Way chapter 2 . 11/20/2008
Damn, you're good! I loved, absolutely loved, the whole blow-up scene, with her relating not what Ron said, but what he didn't say, which was far more important.

This is tremendous work. You've really gotten into her head in a way I've not seen anyone do in any other fic I've read.

Congrats on another awesome chapter, and I'm looking forward to the next.

xoxo,

-IJDTW
ToastWeaselofDOOM chapter 2 . 11/20/2008
I'm crying... there's more? I can't wait!
CocoaCollidoscope chapter 2 . 11/20/2008
I guess when she yelled that part out, that was when the silencing charm took effect. (If I remember correctly.)

Poor Lavender... she must feel like a colossal failure. Ron just wasn't ready to admit it at that point... not to Hermione... not when he'd spent so long not admitting it to himself.
CocoaCollidoscope chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
This is the most beautiful thing I've ever read. What a great idea! And everything fits so perfectly. I love how you brought Divination into this... all of it makes sense so much, it's amazing! THREE CHEERS to you. I look forward to reading the next chapters. :)
blackolives10 chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
This story is AMAZING! My view of Lavender has been turned completely upside down - and everything makes complete sense! Ron's Christmas present, Parvarti's embarrassment, "Won Won"...

You are a great writer!
fullmoonmidget chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
yay! you mentioned me. i'm loved. lol. this is SO good. As much as she showed it, i never really pictured Lavender as a bitch. but this... its a stroke of genius. pure genious. thank you. i was hoping for something good to come along today. and you gave it. thank you. keep it up!
Trunks-01 chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
I love your idea for this fanfiction! I never thought about it, but I'm very glad you did :-)
169 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 Next »