Reviews for Tangled Webs
fullmoonmidget chapter 3 . 11/22/2008
ah. so selfless. i'd like to know what was said in that conversation. it would be really interesting.

as usual, you bring an interesting viewpoint to the story. an unheard side. a new thought. good job.
fullmoonmidget chapter 2 . 11/22/2008
hm... interesting. haha. it was bound to happen. i love how she got Harry and Ginny down to a t. lol. she should write a book later. like... telling everyone what she did. lol. that would be cute. ha. wow. she's really pretty strong. i couldn't do anything like she did. even if it was kind of..stupid and meddling. she did it cuz she thought it was best. i really like how you portrayed lavender, like always.
CannS chapter 3 . 11/22/2008
I finished this story just as it strikes midnight... and realizing I should probably be catching up on some sleep, all I shall say today is -

:D
sophia666 chapter 3 . 11/21/2008
Great finish. I love Lavender's addition to the quote, and her and Seamus getting together. and how she resolved things with Hermione, and everything else. Great writing.
ToastWeaselofDOOM chapter 3 . 11/21/2008
Wow, this is AWESOME! Totally, and utterly AWESOME! Love it!
David Fishwick chapter 3 . 11/21/2008
I enjoyed reading this and I liked your take on Lavender. Thanks for writing.
x Veela x chapter 3 . 11/21/2008
Fantastic. I've never read a piece like it, and in all honesty, I don't think I'll find another for as long as I try.

It really takes someone with real talent to create a piece of work that challenges and re-shapes the audience's perspective like that. Because that's what you did. Not only have you made some characters JKR shoves in at the side-lines to smooth the plot (yes she does) a real personality, but from now on when I read her books, I'll be inserting your version of events in as what *really* happened. x x
felena1971 chapter 3 . 11/21/2008
Wow...that's really all I can say because frankly you've nearly left me speechless. If you knew me, you'd know just how difficult that is to do and how momentous a task you've accomplished. You've taken my opinion of Lavender and turned it right on it's ass my dear. I admit that I don't often look into the minds/motivations of the supporting characters but you've crafted such a brilliant tale of the road to hell being paved with good intentions that it's caused me to rexamine that practice of leaving peripheral characters on the periphery. Thank you for sharing this foray into the mind of a much maligned character with us...and PLEASE do write her other story...it is one that does deserve telling and I for one look forward to reading it!
silverbirch chapter 3 . 11/21/2008
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! This just got better and better as it went on. I think a fourth chapter may have melted the computer. I'll admit I was getting quite tearful towards the end.

Oh, I so want to read your next story.
silverbirch chapter 2 . 11/21/2008
I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't think you could improve on that first chapter. You've proved me wrong.

I don't think I will ever think of Lavender in the same way again. You've created such a magnificent character, in a beautiful story.
scorsby chapter 2 . 11/21/2008
this is so amazing and bloody hell you write fast!Or is it all already finished and you're just posting but by bit?

anyway. Love itt so much. So well written and amazing and intruiging and compelling and unusual and different and everything.

the only thing I wish you could clarify (Im a bit thick like this)- at the end, after the talk with hermione, what does lavender mean when she says "It didnt even mean anything" what is the feeling and thinking at that point?

Id appreciate it if you'd reply and tell me.

BRillient story.

Cheers,

Zellahxx
The Steppy One chapter 3 . 11/21/2008
*'I really didn’t want Seamus and Parvati to come along and start making logical, valid points.'*

Yes, it can be highly annoying when friends hit you with logic and reasoning!

*“I think they’d find a way to trick even the best Seer in the world.”*

Infuriating, aren't they?

*“No,” I heard her say softly, with a little laugh that’s the kind of laugh people give when they don’t know what else to do. “I meant . . . why would you do that . . . for me?”*

Oh! *flails*

*“There is one thing I’ll take credit for.” She looked at me, expectantly. “When he kisses you, does it make your knees weak?” A blush was her only answer. I sank back into my pillows, eyes shut, a satisfied smile on my face. “That was me,” I said, even as I began to drift off to sleep. “Trust me. You wouldn’t have wanted the first version.”*

I...I've run out of things to say! That was...that was just spot on! And the end with Seamus and her recovery... oh!

This was wonderfully thought out, wonderfully constructed and brillianty executed. I just love how you take fringe characters and make them interesting and fun to read about. For this I applaud you.

Very well done.

;) x
I'm Just Drawn That Way chapter 3 . 11/21/2008
I don't have words for how much I loved this story, and I'm usually not a Hermione/Ron shipper at all. I have a newfound respect for them as a couple, and for Lavender in general.

This was incredible. I plan to read everything you've ever written now. (Well, not RIGHT now. But soon!)

Truly, truly, deeply loved this story.

You are freaking awesome. Don't stop.

Love,

-IJDTW
The Steppy One chapter 2 . 11/21/2008
YOu have no idea how hard it is for me to review this chapter without reading chapter 3 first, because I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS! lol

*'They occasionally took my breath away, and I wasn’t even attracted to the guy.'*

You just KNOW that Ron is a brilliant kisser!

*'Silly boy.'*

*snorts*, Bless him.

Oh, and OH! You had her really upset over the whole thing and then with Hermione defending his loyalty at the end but that making things worse for Lavender because if something had happened then it would have been worth all the emotional strain and energy. Poor girl.

Okay, how do you have me feeling sorry for Lavender Brown?
The Steppy One chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Oh. My. God.

How do you do it? How do you come up with a plot that turns everything we thought of as solid canon completely on it's arse and make it so unbelievably believable? HOW?

Seriously! Everyone thinks of Lavender as the annoying shallow gossiping girl who somehow ended up in Gryffindor, and - more importantly - was a bitch for taking Ron off Hermione when they were obviously ready to declare their undying love for the other one. But YOU, you show us the side of her that has her KNOWING people and UNDERSTANDING them. Granted, things haven't gone well for the girl yet, but I have faith in her.

I have a feeling some peoplpe die hard Hermione/Ron shippers won't like the fact that you made Lavender a nice person who really was only trying to make a miserable common room a little better for all involved - how tedious must the will they/won't they have become for the spectators? - but I think it's wonderful. You know me, I am a die hard Hr/R shipper, but I love the idea that Lavender was just trying to play matchmaker.

Can I just add that I LOVE how subtly snarky Parvati is, *“Attacking him with canaries, declaring her undying love, they’re only a step apart, really.”* I actually laughed out loud, and this *“Well, yes, she could have picked Draco Malfoy, but I have a feeling he’d have said no,”* also genius. I, of course, won't accuse you of poking fun at D/Hr shippers! :P

Right, I need to stop waffling and read the rest of what you've posted. Also, thanks for the dedication, I shall be pimping you and this like mad later. :D

Step ;) x