Reviews for Tangled Webs
rednose chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
Interesting. A story where Lavender is not a bitch, slut or just stupid is really a new way to look at her. I like the idea that she is just helping Ron and Hermione. I mean, to be honest, even the always absent Harry has noticed that something is between his friends, so why should not all the other have seen it. Lavender was in the DA, helped Neville and Ginny in 7th year and she fought in the battle of Hogwarts. Really, I think a so superficial person like she is described in her 6 th year would not do soemthing like that. Thank you
catherine chapter 3 . 8/14/2011
I loved the new perspective on Lavender... I'm glad you took the time to write this :)
laura-csm chapter 3 . 8/13/2011
My last review of the night : )

This was yet another brilliant story. Reminds me of Wicked and how there are two sides to every story. I despised Lavender before and now I think...I may actually like her! I think I'm about to hit the Lavender/Seamus stories on FF now.

Your stories are beautiful and thought-provoking. I love them.
AnnieBananie97 chapter 3 . 8/6/2011
I LOVED this story! I'd always thought of Lavender as an idiotic, self centered bitch, but this story COMPLETELY changed my opinion of her. I like this Lavender much more than my previous thought of her.

-Annie
of-Snowfall-and-Seagulls chapter 3 . 7/31/2011
Loved the ending! great job!
dih chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
I haven't laughed this loudly in a really long time. "How long are you going to call him Ronnie?" "Until I think of something worse." This is delightful. I've always found Lavender's behavior absolutely appalling and wondered how she *could* be *quite* so awful. Won-won indeed! This is such a great spin to put on the situation - that she's doing it on purpose. Nothing is so delightful as a secret but perfectly consistent hidden back story and I thank you for this one. I see it was written three years ago but it does say 'to be continued.' Please do.
Mitchie Love chapter 3 . 6/27/2011
I'm literally speechless. I've always seen Lavender as sort of a teacher for Ron. That she later looked back on his life and saw how happy they were. (:

This was really beautiful and I actually pictured it almost movie-like. I could see Lavender telling the story as well as the images of the wedding, the first kiss, everything. I already liked Lavender, but this made me like her so much more.
oxsilvermoonxo chapter 3 . 6/26/2011
...this makes me adore lavender brown, and i don't know if i can ever stand to read anything bad about her ever ever again. Sigh. Everything you write seems to get to me on a ridiculously personal level (lol i just thought of how flooded your inbox is probably going to be with all these random reviews from me. heh.)

for some reason, this fic has moved me towards a slightly more...somber mood (the reason for the lack of usual ardent praises, though i assure you, they're still applicable). I'm really glad that Lavender got...a slightly happy end, ish. I really really really want more happy lavender fluff right now though, ahaha (hint hint? :3 haha just kidding. sort of.)
oxsilvermoonxo chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
to be completely honest, at first i saw the word "lavender" and i was slightly disgusted and quickly moved down the list of your stories. Then i stopped, and thought about it, and thought about your writing style, and curiosity got the better of me, and i am SO GLAD that i decided to put my faith in your writing skills to pull this off with flying colors. I've never heard of the Fanon vs Canon thing (then again, i probably haven't spent enough time hanging around the hp fanfiction community yet) but it sounds like a really good idea. I agree, i've always wondered a bit at Lavender and how the HELL she managed to get sorted into Gryffindor, of all places, and its true, it seems like most readers have just kind of taken that and gone with it. But you seem to have understood her character in so much more depth, and taken into account that J.K Rowling does NOT create shallow, 2 dimensional characters, and the way you've imagined her motives explain so much, and seem so much more realistic, and they turn Lavender from a character that tends to be looked down upon and...well, bashed, into someone human, and relatable, and REAL.

i notice that i always seem to type huge run-on sentences in my reviews to you. heh.

By the way, i read on your profile that you read a lot of books. While not exactly young adult (well...kind of..), i was wondering about your opinion on sci-fi, and if you've ever read Enders Game, or anything else by Orson Scott Card? Because reading your depiction of Lavender really reminds me of those novels, especially the book (in the sort-of seriese), "Speaker for the Dead", because of the way you think about the character and seem to understand it. Anyways, i've known a ton of people who've HATED Enders Game, but personally, its like... my BIBLE, haha, and i adore O.S Card's books, so just thought i'd suggest it if you haven't already read them
traversing chapter 3 . 6/20/2011
I really liked this. Very heartwarming. The whole story.
SpiritedWind chapter 3 . 6/15/2011
This was amazing. I have always hated Lavender. I always thought she was annoying and way too clingy. But after reading this...well my view of Lavender has changed. I would have never expected that and its so amazing and original. The ending was also very touching. It brought tears to my eyes. This was just so so amazing and I loved it. Great job! :)
phoenix008 chapter 3 . 6/14/2011
i dont think anyone can understand some of the characters as well as you do. one of these is certainly lavender. that was amazing (as all of your stories are) :) after reading your story, i cant think of lavender any other way.
AlwaysInADream chapter 3 . 6/12/2011
I like this story.

... Yep. That's my whole review.
Narcissa-Weasly chapter 3 . 6/1/2011
Really good story. Love it!
Narcissa-Weasly chapter 2 . 6/1/2011
It didn't turn out well, poor Lavendel.
169 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »