Reviews for Tangled Webs
RandomSoySauceMonster chapter 3 . 5/10/2011
My brain just exploded from your awesome story. This portrayal of Lavender is the best I've ever read and it's definitely going to be canon (for me) from now on.

I particularly enjoyed the idea of the wedding present. It was sweet and it seemed to fit in with the canon universe.

I'm going to go re-read Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince now that I'm seeing Lavender in an entirely new light.
deleted111 chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
I love the idea that Lavender was "Won-Won"ing on purpose. Really great :)
SapphireMoon10 chapter 3 . 3/30/2011
A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!

Thats all I can say. You have created a perfect story that is, as Ron would say, bloody brilliant!

I'm going to make all my friends read this now!
livandletliv chapter 3 . 3/18/2011
The complexity of your characters and your plot, and the way you portray emotions so strongly, is, I think, what makes your stories so good and so interesting to read.
PrincessShittyKnees chapter 3 . 3/11/2011
This was truly brilliant. Amazing. Who'd have thought Lavender was so deep? I really loved reading this.
Analie Janes chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
Amazing! it was nice to see some depth and substance in Lavender's character and in a wierd way it made sense (partly because of the way you wrote it :P). It was really nicely written and I love Lavender/Seamus pairing! Awesome job! I'm a huge fan of your work!
Westward Rambler chapter 3 . 3/1/2011
"Yes, I was attacked by the untransformed werewolf Fenrir Greybeck, and yes, I am exceedingly lucky to be alive. I owe the fact that I did not die to Hermione, who hexed the beast off of me, and Seamus, who actually found me and kept me alive. I owe the fact that I survived to Parvati, Seamus, and Bill Weasley. And yes, that is a story that should be told and should be heard, but it is not this story, and so I will leave it for another time."

This is a GREAT idea for a story! I love the SeamusxLavender pairing, and you write it beautifully. Please do write this.

I think that one way that would be awesome to write it is including times from their seventh year at Hogwarts, because there are very few stories about that, with any pairing, and it would give a lot of great insight into their characters and their relationship.

If you were to do that, the only things that you would need to remember are: Seamus was nearly as big as Neville in the rebellion activity (since he was covered in wounds when Harry got to Hogwarts), that Seamus was without his best friend the entire year, and that Dean died during the battle. Er, I think that's all, anyway.

I think that all these elements will make a killer story, and no one could write it better than you. Please do! I'll love you forever!

Thank you for reading this (really long) review!
A. N. Mouse chapter 3 . 2/27/2011
Okay, so I read this months ago, and I just recently wrote a fanfic for a Mirror of Erised challenge. Well, while reading this story again, I realize that it must have influenced me subconsciously or something, because this is the only Lavender story I have ever read and when I wrote mine, I have Lavender get together with Seamus too :).

I plan to post my story soon, you should check it out, it's called "A Touch of Lavender"

PS, I really really really like the whole idea of this story, and your descriptions and explanations of Lavender's actions make sense. Too many times you see stories where the only motivation for the main character is blinding love or hate, they can't see what's really going on. I like how you show your character going wrong and correct her in a realistic way. Very well done. :)
Nimbus2001Seeker chapter 3 . 1/7/2011
Oh..my...Godric...that was AMAZING. I'm breathless- especially the last chapter. I can't believe it. BRB saving the link to 5 files on my computer so I don't lose this story
Anonymous chapter 3 . 12/27/2010
This is now my canon. that is all.
LlamaMathilde chapter 3 . 12/12/2010
Nice take on a secondary character. I found it very believable, especially the part about divination being about people.
star54kar chapter 3 . 11/27/2010
This was an extraordinary piece of writing! It was so rich and all the characterizations were thought out so incredibly well. Seamus was an incredible addition and I love him so much in this.

Lavender's confession to Hermione was inspired. I loved the way that she reacted to the truth and I loved the entire piece so very, very much:)

Thank you for sharing this. You are an amazingly talented writer and I feel privileged to have gotten the opportunity to read this:)
star54kar chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Thesteppyone pointed me in the direction of this fic and told me I would love it. This turned out to be the most severe of understatements! I absolutely adore what you have done here and I haven't even finished the story yet!

I fell in love with your interpretation of Lavender by the second sentence of the fourth paragraph, and your Parvati is hands down the best characterization I have ever seen depicted in fan fiction!

I've been flailing and squeeing so much reading this first chapter that I couldn't move on to the next chapter without telling you first how much I've enjoyed it, which is something I normally would wait to do until I've finished reading the entire piece. I'm rushing off to finish the story now, and hopefully I will be able to calm down enough to give you a more coherent review at that point:)
MegaPotterHead chapter 3 . 11/21/2010
Wow, I never thought of Lavender as this complex a character, never considered that she may not have been the girl JKR portrayed her as. I really, really liked this story. )
Catch-Smoke chapter 3 . 11/6/2010
This was such a fascinating read. It's always so interesting to read a different perspective on a situation, and you've done it so intelligently.

It's not AU for one. A lot of 'missing moments' or stories from another perspective end up as such, mainly because what happens in them is kind of hard to believe.

What you've achieved here is you've written a story, which initially I thought was kind of out-there, and you've managed to make me do a complete U-turn. Which is so refreshing and something I crave when reading fiction.

Not going to lie, in the first chapter, I felt a little indignant for Ron, feeling that Lavender was sort of playing him. But as the story progressed, and I understood more, I got over it.

Anyway, this is my long-winded way of saying I loved this story. Fantastic writing, with a well thought out plot that fit beautifully into the book.
167 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »