Reviews for Tangled Webs
oxsilvermoonxo chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
to be completely honest, at first i saw the word "lavender" and i was slightly disgusted and quickly moved down the list of your stories. Then i stopped, and thought about it, and thought about your writing style, and curiosity got the better of me, and i am SO GLAD that i decided to put my faith in your writing skills to pull this off with flying colors. I've never heard of the Fanon vs Canon thing (then again, i probably haven't spent enough time hanging around the hp fanfiction community yet) but it sounds like a really good idea. I agree, i've always wondered a bit at Lavender and how the HELL she managed to get sorted into Gryffindor, of all places, and its true, it seems like most readers have just kind of taken that and gone with it. But you seem to have understood her character in so much more depth, and taken into account that J.K Rowling does NOT create shallow, 2 dimensional characters, and the way you've imagined her motives explain so much, and seem so much more realistic, and they turn Lavender from a character that tends to be looked down upon and...well, bashed, into someone human, and relatable, and REAL.

i notice that i always seem to type huge run-on sentences in my reviews to you. heh.

By the way, i read on your profile that you read a lot of books. While not exactly young adult (well...kind of..), i was wondering about your opinion on sci-fi, and if you've ever read Enders Game, or anything else by Orson Scott Card? Because reading your depiction of Lavender really reminds me of those novels, especially the book (in the sort-of seriese), "Speaker for the Dead", because of the way you think about the character and seem to understand it. Anyways, i've known a ton of people who've HATED Enders Game, but personally, its like... my BIBLE, haha, and i adore O.S Card's books, so just thought i'd suggest it if you haven't already read them
fruitwhirl chapter 3 . 6/20/2011
I really liked this. Very heartwarming. The whole story.
SpiritedWind chapter 3 . 6/15/2011
This was amazing. I have always hated Lavender. I always thought she was annoying and way too clingy. But after reading this...well my view of Lavender has changed. I would have never expected that and its so amazing and original. The ending was also very touching. It brought tears to my eyes. This was just so so amazing and I loved it. Great job! :)
phoenix008 chapter 3 . 6/14/2011
i dont think anyone can understand some of the characters as well as you do. one of these is certainly lavender. that was amazing (as all of your stories are) :) after reading your story, i cant think of lavender any other way.
AlwaysInADream chapter 3 . 6/12/2011
I like this story.

... Yep. That's my whole review.
Narcissa-Weasly chapter 3 . 6/1/2011
Really good story. Love it!
Narcissa-Weasly chapter 2 . 6/1/2011
It didn't turn out well, poor Lavendel.
Narcissa-Weasly chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Really good(and long) first chapter. You bring somuch deap to her personality.
Lilianne-Rachelle chapter 3 . 5/20/2011
this is really goooood
RandomSoySauceMonster chapter 3 . 5/10/2011
My brain just exploded from your awesome story. This portrayal of Lavender is the best I've ever read and it's definitely going to be canon (for me) from now on.

I particularly enjoyed the idea of the wedding present. It was sweet and it seemed to fit in with the canon universe.

I'm going to go re-read Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince now that I'm seeing Lavender in an entirely new light.
deleted111 chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
I love the idea that Lavender was "Won-Won"ing on purpose. Really great :)
SapphireMoon10 chapter 3 . 3/30/2011
A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!

Thats all I can say. You have created a perfect story that is, as Ron would say, bloody brilliant!

I'm going to make all my friends read this now!
livandletliv chapter 3 . 3/18/2011
The complexity of your characters and your plot, and the way you portray emotions so strongly, is, I think, what makes your stories so good and so interesting to read.
PrincessShittyKnees chapter 3 . 3/11/2011
This was truly brilliant. Amazing. Who'd have thought Lavender was so deep? I really loved reading this.
Analie Janes chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
Amazing! it was nice to see some depth and substance in Lavender's character and in a wierd way it made sense (partly because of the way you wrote it :P). It was really nicely written and I love Lavender/Seamus pairing! Awesome job! I'm a huge fan of your work!
176 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »