Reviews for Send Lazarus to My Father's House
kirallie chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
Okay that was rather dark and depressing. If a month is 10yrs and John was down there a yr that would mean 120yrs! So how was his spirit whatever still nice when he got out? Poor Dean.
ukfan101 chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
good job with this...I loved this line "He swore he’d never feel pain again, never, and it hurts oh god it hurts." I think it sums it up all as to why he got off rack...
Dark Austral chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Holy smokes, that was dark and good at the same time. I liked how you attacked the whole issue of what Dean did to the other souls and hinting at his father. And the part where Castiel comes down was a nice touch.
cozmikfaerie chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
amazing...simply-wow!
Just A Tad Bit Fanatic chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Um...wow. Morbid much? It's a really god story though
finajk chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
As much as I hate to say it, I can see why Dean would show such promise once he came off the rack... and it's just killing him now. Thanks for posting.
anon chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
See, it's this struggle to get over who they say he became in hell and be his jolly old self that he's been since he came back that I NEVER saw and so have a hard time believing they didn't come up with this four episodes ago when they started him drinking. He seemed all at piece in the monster movie episode, didn't have a struggle with himself not to hurt the girl, didn't even freak the fuck out in a flashback being strapped down on that table. He spent more time in hell, hell he spent more time on the rack than he did in his previous life and he comes out - exactly the same! Please. I'm sorry but there should've been hints of something like this all along. If Castiel knew what he had done in the pilot why was he so shock-eyed that Dean didn't believe he deserved to be saved. Even when Dean's alone he grins and smirks, not scowls or looks tormented or PTSD or violent. And my biggest single problem, small thing, but I can't get past it, first thing he does is get out and go to a payphone and call Sam then Bobby without a blink of thought or hesitation- do you remember ANY phone number that you haven't dialed in 40 years? Seriously?
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Oh my. I'd say you captured the dark, all right. "He's always been good at repressing" is almost funny, but-oh my.
vana naine chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
powerful.

you know, when they talk about torment in the show, it's mostly about cutting. And - with all the respect I feel - cutting, sliceing and carving are NOT the most awful things I can imagine.

So I was left wondering. Unpleasant things in my mind.

And then I read this fic and it sounds true.

thank you for freeing me from my own imagination. Because really - I have very good fantasy. (Torment above imagination is sliceing? - how is their imagination so weak?)
Kansas42 chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Great story, very dark, obviously, but really well written.