Reviews for Just a Simple Question
MDK chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
Nice! But, what was cas there to tell him?
MKofGod chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Interesting observation about omniscence. I don't agree with you on one point - that God doesn't know everything, because I believe he does - but I do agree with you on the rest. Personally, I believe God knows what path is best for everyone, he just limits himself to allow us free will. But I do have to agree with you on the rest.

Interesting discussion between Dean and Castiel. Characterization was spot on for Season Four, though I think Dean was a little more... bitter about his time in Hell than he is in the show. Of course, I think Your Dean's reaction is more close to how he would actually react so...lol.

Thanks for posting!
windscryer chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
Wow. Um. *clears throat* Just . . . Wow.

To anyone who says that fanfiction is all about fulfilling prurient fantasies about fictional characters . . . I would like to present this fic as Exhibit A. Could you get any further from the usual torture written so one could enjoy the pain of others, or smex written for the vicarious pleasure of the author and reader?

Now, to be fair, most fanfic is exactly what the whole thing is usually labeled. But every now and again a fic comes along that goes just a smidge-or a whole freaking crevasse-deeper than that and, in exploring the characters we love, forces us to examine ourselves.

I know this isn't my usual CAPSLOCK FLAIL OF DOOM review and I do apologize, since I know how much you love them, but . . . Wow.

I'm going to have to think more about this one and how, on some very fundamental levels, I both agree and disagree with what was said. By both characters.

. . .

Man. There go my plans for the day.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
Awesome story about asking questions and getting (not very comfortable) answers. Good insights about the Winchester's and Castiel's role in this 'game' too.

I especially loved Dean's outburst at the end and how he decided there was never anything more important to him than saving his brother.
Benigma chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
*jaw-drop* This was just amazing! Dean is seeking the elusive answers to some of mankind's toughest questions, and you've provided some of the most fascinating and intelligent insight I've ever read!

Castiel's answer re: God's omniscience was exceptionally well thought out.

I think that Dean deserves some answers after all he's been through, but his mission and destiny are being kept from him in much the same way as Sam's earlier on. Interesting!

I loved the last paragraph. Dean's realization that they still only have each other, and his determination to keep fighting for Sam is the perfect ending to this wonderful story!

Wow! Looking forward to your next!
Piper Julian chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Very well done :)
Zatnikatel chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
What a wonderful story: so intelligent. It took me right back to the encounter between Dean and Castiel in episode 2. I could totally see them in my head playing out this conversation. Kudos to you for such a well-crafted piece...