Reviews for It's easier than you think
Black-Rose23 chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
It's nice to see Darry in a moment of weakness every once in a while, and it's especially heart-warming to know he could do what even one of his closest friends couldn't. Sacrifice for his family.
Begonias chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
This was very enjoyable. Good job.
Desertfyre chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
I enjoyed this story. I think Darry in the early days of their parents death could have had a weak moment but I love that he rose to the occasion. Great story! Enjoyed it! D
power of darkness chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
that was allsome :)

-the power of darkness
TwinkLoverXO chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
This is a MASTERPIECE! I was so sick of the same old kind of fanfics, and this one was so unique! GREAT job! :))
alex's wonderland chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
Oh, this was so great.

I almost cried. almost.

You're such a good writer! Good job!
tallonfoot357 chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
good fic
taylorjeanjn chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
I think that you did a really great job with this story :). I really felt for Darry. Anyways, I can't really think of any constructive criticism for you. It's all around a good story.
fanfar3 chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
What I like about this is that not only do you see the thought process on the early desperation. Two weeks out from the death of your parents, faced w/ raising (or finishing the raising of) two boys with pretty much no money and no real idea of what you're doing would be a HUGE decision and there WOULD be a lot of back and forth. That's fantastic that you show that. But the one thing I don't like is that you focus on Ponyboy only. Even though Soda is working and contributing money to the household, I think Darry would still have a feeling of responsibility over both of them. And Soda is technically still a minor, though not for much longer. So I think he'd either turn both of them over to Social Services or neither of them. Still, it is Darry and Ponyboy's relationship that is always the rocky one, so I can see why you would put the focus on that.

It's a little unrealistic that a soc just happens to be in the same situation, but I see there is a clear reason for this plot point. And it is pretty interesting to see that the rich kid ends up being the more selfish one. Kevin's life of comfort hasn't taught him to deal with adversity as well as Darry's more tumultuous life has taught him to just buckle down and do what needs doing. Darry understands how hard things can be, and he's willing to make the sacrifice while Kevin, who has likely been handed everything, just can't bring himself to do the same.

Nice work overall. Hope the writer's block breaks for you soon. It's no fun being stopped up like that! LOL
Mentally Insane Fangirl chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Great story Chels. I could really sink in and connect with Darry, and I felt it when Darry was torn between giving up Soda and Pony and keeping them. Very emotional story but with a happy ending. Good job.
Ski-Ming chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
I enjoyed reading this. I can't even imagine losing my parents and then coming to understand that my future would have to be sacrificed for my family; I think Darry deals with this very realistically. Who wouldn't be at least tempted? Creating a foil for Darry (interesting that he's a Soc, by the way) set up an effective pivotal moment for our favorite newspaper-reading greaser.

A couple of quick nitpicks - I think you should consider upping your rating a bit because of the swear words (not that I was offended in any way, but other people can be sensitive to that kind of thing) and there are a few typos here and there, mostly apostrophe-related stuff. And I don't think the A/N at the end of the story was necessary; like you, I think that subtlety is golden, and I applaud your not hitting us over the head with it in the text. :)

I hope to see more work from you soon!