Reviews for He Said, She Said
Randomdancing410 chapter 15 . 6/4/2009
I'm too lazy to log in right now. This is possibly the best NxL I've ever read. But you better continue, or else I might have to set a rabid beaver dog on you.
DragonKazooie89 chapter 15 . 6/1/2009
*is shocked* How will the rest of the Smashers react to this, or worse yet, Ness and Lucas's family and friends?
Roy42 chapter 15 . 5/30/2009
Oh, fine then. Your notes at the start of the chapter was all it took to get me to finally say something.

I have been reading since the start, just never really wanted to review, despite having the equivalent of 4 reviews worth of stuff to say now, but every chapter I was always able to suppress the urge to write a review that was irritated at just how much of a ditz Lucas could be without looking at Peach and saying "When I grow up, I wanna be just like you."

But anyway, I'm now writing because knowing it myself isn't enough, I have to say that once again, I'm in the glorious minority, as part of the 0.01% that loves what you've done. Obviously I had totally called it at the end of the last chapter, but the main reason I do like what's going on is that I'm one of the few people who can't get enough out of other people's suffering, real life, across the internet, or fanfiction.

Well, I've already started, may as well make this a full review (most likely longer than the near 100 "reviews" you've gotten so far)

Anyway, the spelling and grammar (for I am the most lethal Grammar Nazi) has so far been fairly solid, possibly an average of 5-10 mistakes per chapter, but I'll be before I go back through them now and check to point them exactly out, the one thing I will mention is that when you write ellipsis's "..." as opposed to "…" it gets very much under my skin. (Yes, there's a difference)

Now then, the story, as I've said, I'm loving, the progression has been nice and well paced and the overbearing plot beyond the day-to-day events, the "progression" of Lucas and Ness' "relationship" and the interference from the Idiot Brigade, combined with the believable setting of the Brawl mansion, they all work near seamlessly, though when you look for long enough, the badly done stitches do become apparent. But it does the job for most people, and when I'm slightly more tired at 3 a.m, it does for me too, which is more than I can say for most stories.

The characters, however, well… While I do enjoy reading the characters like Pit, Red, well, the entire Idiot Brigade, basically, because their characters are kind of like from a bad melodrama, the ones you just love to hate, everything they do is over-the-top and they keep getting away with stuff, then at the last minute, mostly, they get some payback, be it the form of a cum-stained pillow or repeated whacks over the head that if he wasn't already a mental 3 year old, I would think that it had damaged Red's brain.

Those characters I do like, but when it comes to other main characters, with Ness Lucas and Peach being the main culprits, their over-the-top actions are just irritating.

Peach feels like she was drugged by Bowser on one of their leisurely kidnappings and is somehow now permanently PMS, combined with the overprotective but assertive and "I am the apocalypse if you me off so don't even try and touch that cake" standard traits you see in Peach, or any woman, for that matter, she becomes a hateful little trout.

Ness and Lucas - Without sugarcoating it, I find it irritating that Ness and Lucas' characters are trying to be a combination of grown up, fighters, but at the same time, naïve little sheltered dumbasses, as if they never went on their adventures, just suddenly became teens. The fact that Ness doesn't realise what puberty (I can only imagine that's what the "long-term laryngitis" is) actually is, while he's being pulled around by his erection at this point in the story just like a certain brigade I can name, or that Lucas doesn't know, well, anything, might work for the comedy moments, but considering that I just don't laugh at much, almost nothing, it just becomes frustrating to read about them be, in one word, absolute idiots (alright, two words). There's also the fact that when I read about, hear, or see anyone that's less intelligent than I am, regardless of fictional or real, it makes my brain actually hurt, so to give another way of saying it, Ness and Lucas give me a constant headache. However their characters still work solidly for the story at hand and despite their frankly pathetic sex life and relationship as a whole, I at least like that you're not giving either of them a moment of rest, bringing me back to the "can't get enough out of other people's suffering".

I suppose the one part of the story that's taken the spotlight as they won the "Best supporting actor" award and an against-rules "Best lead actor" award is the R. . Seriously, were it not for me and my brimming with pride space brain, I would have given them the "Most unpredictable character" award as well, they are pure gold, to the point that they actually made me smile, which is quite unprecedented for a Smash Bros. story. They really bring the whole story together, like how in "There WIll Be Brawl" all of the extras were Toads and the pieces of videogame nostalgia are constantly brought up in the story, the R.O.B's work the perfect job, in both the story and the mansion, always around, doing the real work, washing, cleaning, maintenance, etc. It's actually difficult for me to describe exactly how and why I like the R. , I guess they're the Je Ne Sais Quoi of the story, which is exactly what keeps me interested in a story, if the description of something completely escapes me and my space brain, it's done a good job, so I guess I'm saying that on account of the R. alone, you should be feeling proud.

So, top 3:

1. R. (and most all of the support characters, actually, but R. still represent the supporting crew)

2. Good story (and I suppose the spelling/grammar fits here as a sub-category of that)

3. Near-seamless environment

Bottom 3 (3 is higher up, 1 is lower)

While 1 was going to be "Protagonists that are unbalanced and irritating", they're actually each one point altogether:

1. Peach

2. Lucas

3. Ness

The main reason Lucas is 2, as opposed to 1 and my full hatred, is because her idiocy does fuel the actions of (middle ground point) likable antagonist, Red.

Hmm, my reviews are usually longer, but that's usually because about 20 characters go towards the Grammar Nazi.

Well, guess that's everything. Hope you're proud of yourself, you managed to get me to review before the end of the story, although now I solemnly swear to not review until the end, after I've gotten 15 chapter's worth of ranting out of my system, partially it'll be much easier. As for me, I'm proud of myself for being the 0.01%, and most likely the only one to make up that 0.01

Final note: Thanks for providing a good story, updated at a good pace. Falling only second to Arei Aoitori's fanfictions, it is my favorite of the Smash Bros. section. Although the chances of me actually faving a story is as good as the chances of me writing a short review, and/or that doesn't have a single criticism.

Lacto3.1415 chapter 15 . 5/30/2009
Ooh...this is getting real good D Can't wait to see the Idiot Brigade's reactions...
liquidity chapter 15 . 5/30/2009
Even though I saw this coming last chapter, it was still entertaining to read the parts leading up to the inevitable. Is it really horrible that I found it hilarious when Ness fell down the stairs upon hearing the news?
Silvie chapter 14 . 5/29/2009
Dammit, rickrolled.

All regards,

Silvie of Tellius
Dimention chapter 15 . 5/29/2009
Kay... I realized what was going on about a screens-worth into the fic, and went into unbelievable hysterics that my parents felt the need to check on.

Also, smorgasbord. Best word ever.

Anyway, you're boned... :)
Sonic on the Rocks chapter 15 . 5/29/2009
Time to call in Captain Falcon.

A Falcon Punch is the only way to handle teen pregancies...
yukidaru chapter 15 . 5/29/2009
knew it
Child at Heart Forever chapter 15 . 5/29/2009
AHAHAHAHAHA! I Knew It...along with a lto of other people ,but it was sorta obvious...oh, when the Idiot Brigade find out about this, they'll probably watch her every step! I can't wait! XD
Child at Heart Forever chapter 14 . 5/29/2009
Lucas sure seems pregnat...(I think I spelled it wrong :() and apparently, a lot of other people think so too...hmm...

Other than that, LOLs on this chapter, excellent! ;)
ShabalbaIggy chapter 15 . 5/29/2009
Makien chapter 14 . 5/28/2009
... Oh dear god. Don't tell me Lucas is pregnant.

*stares blankly in shock*

/Lucas/ is pregnant. Going to have /Ness's/ baby.

... What?
facedesk chapter 12 . 5/28/2009
Damn you, Idiot Brigade...
D chapter 9 . 5/28/2009
*pitying look at Lucas*

Honey, you're way too adorable for your own good.
245 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »