Reviews for Remembrance
sparra-music chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
I see why you picked this one as the one to stay if you had to delete the rest.

VERY MOVING.

I love that you put "recited the Kaddish" and not "said a prayer". Excellent example of how one tiny detail can reveal something about a character.
inhonoredglory chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
I can only agree with Susan M.M. Powerful. The whole story has such a hushed melody in it, a feeling of transient simplicity. So abbreviated, so implied. We read between the lines and feel the pulse of depth and feeling that the words alone do not provide. Now that is writing.

Congratulations on the Papa Bear Award for this, your first piece. You sure deserved it!
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
Powerful.
hogan macgyver chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
I almost got all choked up on this.
LadyKnightofCelestia chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
Brilliant! Yep, you were right. I liked it. The reason I like this kinda stuff is because I was born to like it! Well, born to focus on topics. That, and I've always liked a good plotline. HH provides that, as do you.
The Curious Kills chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
Aw, that's a very sweet scene. That's what I call some EXTREMELY good writing! So much said in so little.
ColHogan chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
Well-written story. Beautifully told. At least in this story Hogan died of natural causes. i especially loved the ending in which the woman he helped years earlier remembered him when she saw his obituary and paid her respects to the man who helped her escape Germany years before.
Atarah Derek chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
That's so sweet. I can see that happening in an episode, and I wish it had. I know the show never touched on the Holocaust, partly due to respect for the Jewish actors involved, but I think that they missed out on a lot of potential plot lines. I just can't imagine that there were no Jews left in Hammelburg or Germany who wouldn't use the Underground to escape to England. That's where I really wish Hogan's Heroes was more like MASH. Your story helps fulfill that wish, though.
Lost in a Jungle chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
Beautiful story... I really liked this one.
smithcrafter chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
Good. Different.
GSJessica chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
Very nice. Brief, but rich and expressive at the same time.
konarciq chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
Beautiful... It is good as is it, even though Im longing to know more...
Jake Crepeau chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Very powerful piece! I especially like the fact that it's set in May, in both time zones. It makes it a wonderful Memorial Day piece that indirectly honors ALL our military personnel, past and present. Brava, Snooky, and let's see some more!

Jake
CaptainSmirk chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
A very nice emotional snapshot. Thanks for posting
Tuttle4077 chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Very nice story. It's good to know that Papa Bear will never be forgotten! Thanks for sharing. I'll look forward to reading more from you.