Reviews for In Loco Parentis
Lucy chapter 1 . 7/3
Amazing story again, really enjoyed reading it! Poor boys... But they are strong!
Perfectly heartbreaking.
Perfectly hilarious.
Perfectly hopeful.
Deborah chapter 1 . 3/25
This was amazing, and I especially loved how you ended it. It genuinely made me laugh.
I'm unfortunately a sucker for hurt boys and emotional talks and comfort, and this story definitely fit those criteria.

I really love all your stories, you're an amazing writer! Please keep writing, you're doing a wonderful job!
Ryla chapter 1 . 3/11
Great story, great job!

Thank you!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 1/23
Nice
Excellent detail of how often injured Dean fought back still skillful and deadly. In turn, Sam's counter control was as skillful as Dean's guided by killing knowledge able to care for his injured, deadly brother.

Ease to misplace how the brothers are Hunters of the Damned and the Monster. Forget what lethal power dwelt below the surface of two seemingly ordinary brothers.
Alex L. Kerr chapter 1 . 12/10/2015
I so rarely feel like reading hurt Dean but this was super awesome. Favorite part was Sam holding Dean in bed through his withdrawal. Reading it I was like "hold him Sammy! Squeeze the crap out of him with love!" lol

Thank you so much for writing this story!
TheYmp chapter 1 . 11/21/2015
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards (Nov15-Novel/Drama) Review:

It was very much a story of two halves, the first part of which really ratcheted up the tension; I liked the way you used Sam keeping track of the elapsed time to build on this - that really worked for me.

I was a bit torn by your use of Andy - while it was a clever idea to use him and nice to see the character - I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed that San hadn't managed to track down Dean on his own. Then he just wasn't in it any more, and I'd been hoping there would be a bit more engagement with him.

It was tough reading about the abuse that Dean had been through. I liked the way you made Dean's recovery seem to be spread over an extended time - getting him to clean weapons as stress relief is also a head canon of mine! You rounded the story off nicely with the brothers' own peculiar brand of communication, showing that while not fixed, Dean was on the way to mending.

Great story!
BlackIceWitch chapter 1 . 11/16/2015
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review:

An engaging and well-written story that played well with the canon world, particularly in utilising characters that weren't seen enough.

The viewpoint was almost but not quite third-person personal, a fluctuating distance in the character's thoughts and feelings that sometimes drifted into an objective view. For the action scenes and the expository moments, that worked well enough, but a little closer to the character would have allowed the reader a deeper connection to the fears, doubts and anxieties, and helped to understand Sam's occasional obtuseness. Allowing the reader's imagination to run rampant works in the beginning, but the lack of certainty grew tiresome toward the end, failing to allow the reader to participate in speculation of how badly this would damage Dean.

The musings in the background about John and his influence were well done.
LeeMarieJack chapter 1 . 11/15/2015
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review:

Excellent written, fast paced and strong. The abuse was quite vivid and somewhat overpowering. Sam's care of his brother was also well done and help to balance the abuse. I think of it as sugar in the whiskey. The sugar is needed to make the whiskey go down.
BlueJude chapter 1 . 11/13/2015
Oh man! Those poor boys! Even in fiction they can't catch a break ;) Well, as I think I said in a previous review on one of your stories, human monsters really are the scariest! Turner really was a wacko and the truly crazy are even more terrifying than the sane ones. Thank you for the story! (Even though your creepy human monster completely terrified me!:)
Sallyannerenee chapter 1 . 3/17/2015
I love this. Great job writing the brothers, I can "see" them when I read.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/4/2015
*breathes*

I hope Turner already dead !

Gosh, what he did to Dean was unforgivable !

Sam was smart to ask help from Andy !

Good job put another canon character in here btw !

I was so worried...
favoritestory chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
Just finished this as I'm working my way through all your stories and... Wow... awesome read. Top 10 of everything I've read on . Scary. Frustrating. I felt Dean's desperation when he had to leave Sam. I was cheering Sam on when he went off on Turner... and then second-guessed myself right along with him. Worried over Dean's brokenness as Sam restrained him... felt his shame settle over all of us at being bathed and handled like a child and the lifeline of his raw need for Sam's connection met by his brother. I breathed in relief at seeing the brothers sit on the fence, feeling the weight begin to lift. There is no better story than one which carries the reader into the lives of the characters to journey along with them. Well done. Gonna climb down off the fence and head back to my own home now, lol.
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 12/16/2014
I can see a whole lot of work here, and a whole lot of pain, and love - from you, K. Happy Birthday! (Since you mentioned this was your birthday present to yourself. ;) )

But I can also see so much work from Dean, fighting Turner, as well as the pain and the love for Sam, even when he couldn't show it to his brother in front of him. I can't tell you how much it hurt reading this, feeling for Dean, but I can't also seem to work out words to let you know how much I enjoyed this. Thank you!