Reviews for In Loco Parentis
Visionairy chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
This was a great story! Extremely well written. I especially liked, "“Then don’t give up on yourself, either,” Ellen added more softly. “I’d bet you the bar Dean hasn’t.”

She was right, too. Sam wasn’t so sure Dean had any faith left in himself, but he’d never even touched the bottom of his belief in his little brother."

Creative solution to finding Dean as well! And though I love your stories with Bobby in them, I'm glad you left it to just the two of them to recover this time. It was perfect. Thank you so much for posting this! And Happy Birthday - I hope you have a great one!
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
Awesome, awesome work hun! This really made my heart ache. I love how you're able to show the bond they share without making it too schmoopy or in any way unrealistic.
apieceofcake chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
Enjoyed, thank you :-)
TraSan chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
You are the supreme ruler of h/c. :)

You come across as such a sweet, genuinely nice person (which I believe you are) but after reading this story and the one where Sam is tortured (the title escapes me at the moment) you are just a teeny, tiny bit scary. LOL

I'm not sure how you came up with the way Dean was tied. It was brilliant in its simplicity. What Turner was trying to convince Dean to do - Sam was right, he had no idea what kind of uphill battle he had trying to convince Dean to kill anything different.

As stressful and exciting the first part was - it is the comfort moments that I love in your stories and you didn't disappoint. The easy, caring relationship. Brotherly concern, banter and gestures. That's the stuff.

Thanks for your birthday present. Hee.

It was delightful!
Swanseajill chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
I loved this the first time round, and I love it even more this time. It's awesome and it's one of my favourite stories of yours. And happy birthday! As usual, I lost track that it was your birthday (I'm the world's worst at that). Thank you for sharing your birthday gift to yourself with us!
ukfan101 chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
I can see why this is one of your favorites and it has become one of mine as well. (add it to the many of your stories that are!) It had everything in it, protective Sam and Dean, hurt Dean, chick flick moments, hugs, angst..and ANDY! Very nice surprise to see him...cool idea as well. Loved this line "Some people found their therapy in enjoying nature. Dean found his by putting holes in it" LOL and I loved this line "It meant more than Sam could express to be able to reciprocate, and to have Dean’s faith and trust in turn." made me all smiley and happy inside! great story!
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
Awesome story.

Hard to see Dean suffers through all this but he had Sam to get him back. :)

I love Andy's appearance too, what a cool character. :)
laynee chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
that was like a good rollercoaster with a happy ending. i think i went through every emotion that i posses in reading that.

Great job, as usual.

The end was beautiful, i could totally see it. I knew everything, from the things they said to the things left unsaid. Amazing, just wow.

Nicely done.

-Elayna or Laynee, whichever
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Your stories are all good, but this one was so emotional and powerful. Love how you wrote the brothers.

What I said last summer (when I messed up and left a message in a review instead of a PM) - still holds.

Thanks for sharing it with us and have a great birthday.
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
So excellent. Definitely accurate in the way that Sam was able to bring Dean back from what he'd been through like no one else could. Great job!
Tacpebs chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Awesome story!
Dianne chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Wonderful as usual. I'm so glad this site has author alert. This story is great as a one shot but if you ever wanted, you could open it right up and do more. I appreciate your high standards in writing and the fact that this story flows so well. The relationship you portrayed was perfect as well and believable. Thanks for sharing another one of your stories.
charis-kalos chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
This is just beautiful. And heart-wrenching.
calcium77 chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
First of all that was really long...that is a good thing. More to love.

I really enjoyed reading it. Very heart wrenching to read. Poor Sam being all frantic and worried...then dealing with Dean comming off the drugs. And poor Dean going through all that too.

You do a really good job with the dialogue between the guys...both when they banter and when they have serious discussions.

Thanks for all your hard work writing this. I am sure all your readers appreciated it. I know I did.

Happy Birthday!

kat
reading chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
So nice to see a new story from you in my inbox. Really, really enjoyed it. It was clear that you had, indeed, poured your heart into this one. Very well done. De Imaan's terror and confusion was just heart-breaking. And Sam's determination to find his brother and tenderness once he did was perfect.

"Sam gave it a moment, then added, 'He would’ve killed Turner, though, for what he did.' To you."

Loved this line. Yes, John would have, wouldn't he? Imagining John's reaction gives me the absolute shivers.
101 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »