Reviews for In Loco Parentis
Dianne chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Wonderful as usual. I'm so glad this site has author alert. This story is great as a one shot but if you ever wanted, you could open it right up and do more. I appreciate your high standards in writing and the fact that this story flows so well. The relationship you portrayed was perfect as well and believable. Thanks for sharing another one of your stories.
charis-kalos chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
This is just beautiful. And heart-wrenching.
calcium77 chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
First of all that was really long...that is a good thing. More to love.

I really enjoyed reading it. Very heart wrenching to read. Poor Sam being all frantic and worried...then dealing with Dean comming off the drugs. And poor Dean going through all that too.

You do a really good job with the dialogue between the guys...both when they banter and when they have serious discussions.

Thanks for all your hard work writing this. I am sure all your readers appreciated it. I know I did.

Happy Birthday!

kat
reading chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
So nice to see a new story from you in my inbox. Really, really enjoyed it. It was clear that you had, indeed, poured your heart into this one. Very well done. De Imaan's terror and confusion was just heart-breaking. And Sam's determination to find his brother and tenderness once he did was perfect.

"Sam gave it a moment, then added, 'He would’ve killed Turner, though, for what he did.' To you."

Loved this line. Yes, John would have, wouldn't he? Imagining John's reaction gives me the absolute shivers.
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Something's a little backwards here; it's your birthday and yet you're giving us a present! But, hey, it's much appreciated because this was a fantastic story.

It was a beautiful illustration of the lengths the boys will go to for each other. I love strong, smart Sam and the incredible strength of character shown by Dean, that essence we all know is such an integral part of his being but too often hidden behind snark.

I also loved the simplicity of its theme - the two brothers fighting to keep each other safe. That's why I fell in love with this show and, particularly, these two characters. Bells and whistles are fine but this is what I want, and need, in a SN story.

Have a very happy birthday, a great year ahead and I hope your presents were as awesome as the one you gave us.

Cheers, Sculls
supernaturalbuffy chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
wow. i think this is one of your best stories. i love the fierce protectiveness of Sam and Dean. how through everything Sam never gave up and Dean never betrayed his brother. you always portray that strong bond of 'family' that they share so well. once again, congrats on a great story.
Psychee chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Happy birthday! Thanks for sharing the present with all of us, I really enjoyed it.
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Thanks so much for this wonderful gift to us on your birthday! My mom's birthday was Nov. 22, too. What a fabulous way to spend a Saturday afternoon, reading this phenomenal story between the tedium of loads of wash. And you should definitely be proud of this story - it is truly one of your best - actually, one of the best I've read.

You capture both brothers' pain, fears, anguish, love, and devotion in such a realistic and perfect way. I can't imagine the abject fear that coursed through Sam as he searched for Dean for over a week. What a clever solution to finding out where Dean was, by the way. I miss Andy - a lot. (Great shout out to Simon & Simon - my favorite brother show before Supernatural came along. And yes, Sam is AJ and they would make great PIs ;)).

My heart ached for all that Dean went through as well - his initial fear of being near Sam because he was afraid that he might hurt him. Dean was nearly broken by Turner, but Sam was the only one who could make him whole again.

I could go on and on about all that is awesome about this story, but you know how much I love how you write our boys. This was an extremely well-constructed story, filled with emotional tension that kept me glued to the page. Brava!

Thanks for sharing your gift with us once again. Until next time...
jailey chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
This is just a great story. Thanks so much for sharing. Hope your birthday rocks!
doyouqueue chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
gorgeous!
Ash8 chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Wow - that was an awesome story hun. The h/c was top class - You already know this but I adore the way you show the boys relationship.

Great to see Andy. I had no idea how Sam was going to find Dean - that was good thinking on Sam's (well, your) part.

And thank you for only allowing Dean to endure that for 1 week. It was realistic and feasible - his breakdown and then the time it would take to heal. (Yes, I am comparing it to an extremely unrealistic 40 years of torture in hell!) *koff* sorry. Kripke needs to seek your sevices I think.

Anyway another wonderful story. Thanks for sharing. Happy birthday and thanks for the gift.
Kelcor chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Wow! Obviously, you're one of those people who like to other people gifts on YOUR birthday! LoL Thanks for that! I really loved this! The h/c is amazing - so nice to see Sam taking care of Dean! :o) Great job!

Kelcor
sylia91 chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Happy birthday to my favorite author, published and otherwise! I loved this fic the first time I read it in the fanzine and it only improves with time. Brotherly moments, self sacrificing Dean, Sam in full protective mode, Bobby cameo and I always did like Andy. What more can a SPN fan ask for? Are you liking season4 so far? Maybe we'll all get a nice late Xmas present at the People's Choice Awards in January eh? Have a nice Thanksgiving as well!
Elliesmeow chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Very sweet. Great detail on what Dean went through. And the sick anticipation for Turner's calls was spot on. He sure was a sick bastard.

Glad Sam had Ash and Ellen to help him out but I was beyond thrilled to see Andy got to help save Dean. That was awesome. Very cool to see him get to use his powers for good, I'm sure it makes him feel better about things. Made me sad that Tracy still won't have anything to do with him.

Thanks so much for the fic. Especially That was a great surprise. Feel free to write more on that subject, the poor guy certainly didn't get a fair shake from Kripke and co.

-Ellie