Reviews for No Thank You
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
This is so brilliant! Of course, what about the _other_ Horcruxes?

Harry is smart. And now that Voldemort is 'gone', maybe Smeltings will acquire a new chemistry teacher who is no longer obligation to Dumbledore (ok, I'm a hopeless Snape fan).
RebeccaRoy chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Wow, that was very good and yea that could work out well in the end. Is this just a one shot? It would be interesting to see if he meets his Godfather or anyone else who could help him out learning his magic while staying away from Hogwarts.
Airily chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Well, Harry was certainly polite about the whole thing. :P

Thank you for the well rounded, logical alternative XD
aep2398 chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
Now THAT would suck. The first book would be called,"Albus Dumbledore and the sorcerers stone." That's not even catchy! :) Ha ha, no, the story was good, but now I'm REALLY glad the Dursley's hated Harry...Aren't you? And Harry and Hermione...? That's just wrong! Plain wrong...
HermanTumbleweed chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
While the theme for this is not all that unusual, your take on how to keep Harry from attending Hogwarts was quite good. It was really fun that he kept telling the headmaster no and calling it a cult. His being friends with Hermione was also rather fun as well. Good story.
hemotem chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
Interesting I like how you put this together and hope that you might do an epilogue of like 15 years down th road or some such thing.

alicat54 chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
this was really funny!
Terikel chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Great Story.

I think that was one of the best ideas I ever heared about. Never thought about it that way, but you're completely right: if Harry hadn't been involved with the magic world, everything would have been much easier xD
ttfn.tahtahfornow chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
“I wish you would stop referring to the wizarding world as a cult, Harry.”

“And I wish you would respect my wishes to stay out of your cult."

HAH. Absolutely wonderful story. I do love how everything works out so neatly when Harry isn't involved.
MinervaEvenstar chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
Techinally, Voldemort can't be defeated until the part of is soul that lives in Harry is killed, but I know the story was for humourous purposes. It really was quite funny!

I see your point about how raising Harry to be "normal" and to resent magic would've been smarter on the Dursleys part, but - if birthing Dudley is any indication - they aren't the brightest. My favourite lines were:

Snape looked like Christmas had come early. “I think we should respect his decision.”

"if I was there I probably would have run around and made a mess out of everything; I am quite nosy, you know."
gaul1 chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
nice story, byes
susiipie chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
LOL. Very enlightening indeed. If the Dursley's had done this, everything would've been very simple indeed. Great job!
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
Wonderbee31 chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
Glad I found this and really enjoyed the way that things went with Harry there, and wished it'd go all the way through Hermione's schooling and what might happen if they stay together after she and he graduate from their respective schools.
Terrifica Oneiroi chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
I just have to say that I so love this. I just can't be arsed to read these sappy apology sessions that Dumbledore keeps dumping on Harry. The man just can't be honest. I'm glad that things have worked out for Harry this way. We're Muggles and we're doing just fine on our own, thank you! :D Kudos, really. -Terri
335 | « Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 .. Last Next »