Reviews for Tales of AlmostNinja
Lynn D. Mariza chapter 3 . 7/1/2014
Wow...this is just, yeah it has certainly addressed some of the issues in the naruto verse, not everyone is cut out to be a ninja...
Yoholic chapter 3 . 6/8/2012
Good collection of stories
athenaswings chapter 3 . 10/26/2011
Very interesting concept. Those who nearly made it and yet did not. I especially love how the konoha 12 can be seen peripherally by some of the characters.
Velocityshade chapter 3 . 5/30/2011
The third chapter is both disturbing and heartbreaking. Seems very much like a normal and happy action, until you reach the end.
hotcocoalatte chapter 3 . 10/20/2010
I've really enjoyed these different perspectives so far! This is definitely a unique fic, which is great compared to all the cliched cr p out there.
Addiction.to.reading chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
"is it really coincidence that all those clan-heirs were placed in the only teams that passed? Is it really coincidence that the Rookie Nine are such exceptional individuals?" No, not really, it was just convienient for the plot and makes for a good story. But your explanations are very good.
whiterae chapter 3 . 5/15/2010
I liked it a lot. Defiantly different, but I like it more since it made you think more. Write more please!
Dragon and Sword Master chapter 3 . 2/18/2010
I liked this drabble. It was cute and sad at the same time.
redfe chapter 3 . 2/15/2010
Gripping. I like the descriptions you used and the way you led into everything. I also enjoyed that you left a lot to the imagination. This is much darker than the other two, but you're right, it does fit into the collection. Hope we won't have to wait too long for the next one.
accallia chapter 2 . 8/17/2009
I've always wondered about those mysterious, lost characters. Nice to have something more to think about. Wonderful, by the way, as always!
otaku1412 chapter 2 . 2/19/2009
I've always wondered what happened to the people who didn't pass... I'm glad you wrote about them.
IVIaedhros chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
Eh, just to bunch up your numbers...
IVIaedhros chapter 2 . 2/14/2009
An interesting idea for a series and quite a logical one at that. I like how you've taken these two disparate situations and shown how each is affected by the loss of their dream. I've known several good fics that have examined the costs of creating child killers, but only one other fic worth note that examined Naruto from the civilian side. However, this fic, like An Eye for an Eye, still feels curiously flat, a expository narrative that gives the facts, but nothing of the emotion of these men who tried so hard and still failed.
redfe chapter 2 . 2/13/2009
I like this a lot. The perspectives on the two chapters were completley different which I appreciate...I'd hate to read 2 stroies about OCs with similar personalities. My favorite line has to be how Sakura is second only to Tsunade: :He is second only to the guy who taught him how to bake bread. lol.

Raido's test sems to be the epitome of any true ninja test, seriously. Seeing if they were willing to push themselves by having them train on the worst aspects of their skills? Awsome.

Overall, it was very well written and detailed. Sorry, I don't really have any critism for you. Very enjoyable read, I hope you do more.
Dragon and Sword Master chapter 2 . 12/19/2008
This...this is a beautiful piece of literature and a classic. Just as a suggestion perhaps, but for the next chapter maybe write about a bloodline related character, or someone like Neji (branch class of the Hyuugas)

This can go in many directions...

DASM