Reviews for Chosen
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
A fabulous Thanksgiving story.

I loved it so much.

That is such a nice idea pulling together and making sure the les fortunate had a nice turkey meal and that they were thought of for the holidays.

Yea there are so many people without families and it is so rough I'm sure.

That was such a nice thing for the judge and Sarah to carry on with after Nancy died and now Judge Hardcastle has McCormick to share in doing this special tradition with Mark McCormick now that Sarah's gone.

JeanneZ84
L.M.Lewis chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
"If I get up, I’ll need ice cream." (LOL, I've thought that many times myself), and thence like a homing pigeon to the source of Banana Surprise.

It's a great little set-up for what follows, and the means by which Mark finally makes the connection about what's going on is very clever.

Another great angle on T-day with the guys.
Jaz22 chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
Great job! I really enjoyed seeing this story come to life for the little glimpses it gives us into the past of both Mark and Milt. I've often thought Nancy Hardcastle must have been a rather remarkable woman, and knowing Hardcastle carried on the tradition she began shows the depth of their relationship.

The fact that Mark was one of the ones touched by that tradition made it all the more special.

Thanks for adding to the challenge.
owlcroft chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
First off, I loved the call-back of the Banana Surprise. And eating it with chocolate syrup right out of the box - perfect! I also loved the goings-on that McCormick finally figures out. Not to spoil any plots, I'll only say it's an extremely nice thing and I wish we'd gotten to meet Nancy in a flashback on the show at some point. A very nice look at a Gull's Way Thanksgiving and I do hope you'll write more, soon.

You can use "my" china any time!
e-pony chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
I'll have to go to the list and check out the parameters of the Thanksgiving challenge, as I never seem to keep up with things these days.

A different sort of twist to this story than I was expecting. Nice to find out Nancy was just as remarkable a person as the judge is. I've always pictured her as being compassionate - a gracious woman with a kind manner to balance out Milt's gruffness.

All in all, this was a good holiday treat.

Pony