Reviews for Stuff
otherhawk chapter 34 . 1/3
Much smiling and delight for fic. Oh, thank you mate. Is marvellous Christmas present. And think that there are special rules on sentiment at Christmas time. Think you maybe don't have to wait until after midnight. :) So there.

And the first thing that I want to say about this fic is that it's wonderfully fun and light and makes me smile a little more every time I read it. Do love the parcel from Saul and Marion. The satsumas, and see, I can picture Rusty's expression exactly when he opens the parcel. Imagine Saul can as well. And I can equally picture the scowl when the satsuma betrays him by being sweet and tasty. In Rusty's world, healthy things have no right to be nice. And like the fact that Marion writes to Rusty, and that Rusty is pleased Saul has found her. Good to see that relationship progressing. And the line about Saul taking in waifs and strays made me smile and sigh. Something that Saul never ever regrets and hence the invitation that is really more of an assumption, and one that Rusty is never going to turn down. Do love that relationship. And you always write them both so fantastically.

Of course everyone always calls Rusty, and then Rusty calls Danny and tells him what needs done. That is just the way the universe works. And love Tess decorating and Danny being loving and patient and just a little bored out of his mind. Doesn't matter to him, except that it matters that it matters to Tess. If you see what I mean. And amusement for the possibility that he might just have got Rusty to call to get him out of this. He wouldn't. But it must be tempting. And amusement for the decorations in Rusty's room. Am sure that Danny took care of that himself. And much smiling for Tess' tolerance, and for the message to keep safe to *both* of them. Important, that.

Amusement for the contrast between the two cousins. And see, this is a perfectly reasonable favour, even with short notice. Someone getting ahead by stepping on someone innocent. Exactly the sort of thing they would want to interfere with, even without it being personal. And amusement for the "What do you think" being answered by the clearly understood request for more cake. Yep. That's definitely the first step here.

Am sulking for fact that don't seem to be able to easily copy parts of story out to put in review any more. Do they just not want us quoting? Anyway, wish to quote para that starts "Danny had gazed off into the distance" at you, because even though you wrote it, feel the need to tell you is genius and wonderful and makes me sigh and smile. Describes them perfectly.

Love the plan. Absolutely love it. And part about Danny not going with Rusty and Yen because he doesn't want to get wet made me laugh out loud. And bet he made excuses to delay so that he knew there was no chance of him having to help there. And the pressing of the not-red button and the revelation of the rubber ducks and the bubble bath really made me laugh even louder. Brilliance, mate. Sheer bloody brilliance. Can *see* it and it's perfect.

And do like the fact that they put together the tree lighting for Yen's cousin - and paid for the part with Roman's cousin in koi carp, because more transactions should be paid for in fish - because that wasn't really part of the favour in the first place. Just that it was good and right and they could do it. And like Yen's part in it and the applause that he rightfully takes as his. Because he would.

And smiling for the Guanxi. Sounds exactly like them.

Sigh for Tess being worried and Danny understanding and wonder if she understands that Rusty could tell the exact same story as Danny even if they were both lying a little to tone the danger down? But am glad that they didn't need to. And much giggling for the extra rubber ducks for Saul, and the ones that have found their way into Danny's en suite. Really want to see Tess' reaction when she sees them... Also, in my head, Rusty spent the time between getting back from Shanghai and going to Danny and Tess' for Christmas going around every single one of the others, breaking into their houses and leaving an anonymous pile of rubber ducks. Is that just me?

Anyway, thank you again so much for fic. Is brilliant and joyful and leaves me smiling. And think that's exactly what Christmas fic should be. *nods*
Peabodythecat chapter 15 . 12/31/2014
That was perfect.
Peabodythecat chapter 21 . 12/31/2014
Watching Danny and Rusty make out , let alone thinking one or BOTH(!) would make out with me (!) would not just stop my hiccups, it'd stop my heart.
Peabodythecat chapter 24 . 12/31/2014
Oh this was fantastic. First of all Danny working in fast food is so wrong, and so funny. And how Danny finally connected, by saving the pup, oh, you earned many sighs and melting hearts.

Loved the set up at the end to give Linus a chance to get the letter. Fun fun fun.
Peabodythecat chapter 26 . 12/30/2014
Dreamless sleep...and it was well earned and even more well deserved. Love Body and Soul verse.
Peabodythecat chapter 33 . 12/30/2014
Eeeee! Rusty with a baby is a deep dark part of my head canon! I am so glad you went there.
Peabodythecat chapter 34 . 12/30/2014
Loved the details, the satsumas and the chocolate coins, the gorgeous Christmas displays and of course, the duckies! This was a really fun Christmas treat!
Maia2 chapter 34 . 12/29/2014
Ahhh so good to see a story from you! I had not realized I missed your writing. I loved all the little details, the loving care from Saul's gifts and letter; the ridiculous decorations from Tess; the easy comraderie that allows for last minute favors across the globe and immediate yes'es ; the silent communication; the sheer joy at a job that's not about the money or the danger, but the 'face' and the fun. The ridiculous bubbles and toys; the grace and brilliance of the display. The fun time back with Tess and easing her worries.
Thank you for sharing and happy 2015!
otherhawk chapter 33 . 1/18/2014
Happy sigh for Christmas fic. Or New Year fic as the case may be. Hell, any fic really provokes happy sigh, except for those fics that provoke screaming and/or tears instead.

But that's not this fic, which starts out lovely. No real danger, just inconvenience, and of course the hotel room and the merlot and the cheesecake and each other. A good way of spending any time, so why not new year?

And the question. Which is unexpected, and giggling for Danny's consideration and answer. Yeah...although in some verses that might just not stop them trying. :) And much sigh for the subsequent conversation, and Danny talking around it. Can imagine it not coming up. Because I can so easily imagine Tess assuming Danny didn't want children either - he's unconventional enough for her it would make sense, but she's conventional enough for him that he would assume the opposite. Um. If you see what I mean. But exactly as Danny says, with the love and the intensity and the urgency both times round, the conversation just never happens.

Love the incidental detail of the merlot across the bedcover as Rusty is suddenly concentrating on something much more important. And of course he can read the truth. Even the truth that Danny could never tell anyone else out loud, not even Rusty, because in spite of everything, it has to hurt. And I have no doubt it hurts Tess as well. Because they do love each other, and that is what matters and yes, of course it can be enough...but at the same time, they both know that it means Danny wants something Tess can't give him. And I think there's always going to be an ache there, in spite of everything.

And much smiling for Rusty's news, and imagine that was part of the reason for the favour between Christmas and New Year, because some things Rusty would want to share in person. And of course the fear and the wondering at the reaction, and can imagine him wondering whether he should share immediately after what Danny said, but in the end he would never be able to keep it to himself and Danny would be hurt if he tried. And of course Danny's joy and excitement. Always, always going to be good news, and Danny is going to buy out every toy shop in America, apart from the ones that Saul or Reuben get to first. Is going to be*very* happy new year.

And very happy me for fic. And like I said, slight convertible in parking lot for something I have planned, and maybe some time this year you'll get to find out what. In the meantime, thank you. And smiling. And also happy Christmas and New Year and Easter. Because why not?
light at last chapter 32 . 12/27/2013
This was really cute, and it reminded me how much I love the Body and Soul verse. I hope we can see more of it in the new year! It's nice to know that Annie should have time to contact Lucy soon.

One quick thing, though, here in the States A&E is called the Emergency Room, or more commonly the ER. Just for future reference.
otherhawk chapter 32 . 12/5/2013
Yeah, I'm not sure the disclaimer applies either. Which is amusing. :) Oceans fic sans Ocean's characters, though I suppose at least Saul is mentioned. :)

Much, much joy for this fic even if you withheld it from me as some sort of cruel punishment. *pout* Because I've been wanting them to get together since Lucy was first introduced, and this is wonderful. And delighted Lucy is going to be moving to New Jersey, and wonder what is going to happen in Body and Soul with regards to what Millicent told her about Rusty. Because as long as she wasn't there that often she maybe wouldn't mention it to Annie, but if she's living there full time, she probably will, right? Hope she will anyway, because alternative would just be her being a little distant and awkward around Rusty and that would be painful for all of them.

Ahem. Back to *this* fic... Love the way they are around each other. The awkward, starting-a-new-relationship not-wanting-to-mess-anything-up thing, and like that Marty did offer to stay in a hotel, as little as even of them want him to. Is a thoughtful gesture, and it's even nicer that it ends with the agreement that they're both comfortable.

And I'm smiling for the deliberation over what card and how to sign it. Puts me in mind of 'How Livingston', remember? All the little things that don't matter but do matter. And sigh for the lack of card from Annie and Saul. Yeah. With Rusty missing, that would be the last thing on their mind. But knowing Annie, am sure she sent through a card and a long letter and a present very soon after.

Like the whole thing with the chicken. Almost wish it had been alive, because it could end in a WIthnail & I scene. Though not sure I can imagine Marty and Lucy in those roles. But "Doubt the Hippocratic oath extends to poultry" makes me giggle. Just thought you should know.

Smiling for the Christmas tree too. Given out of generosity and decorated with sweet wrappers and a bow. Can picture it and its brilliant.

And sigh for the first night spent together. Perfect. And even more for the next day and the happy together and the offer. Love the mix of the spontaneous and the not rushing things. Is very them.

Thank you for fic, mate. Is fic of wonder.
NerdBurga chapter 31 . 5/5/2013
Ah, so good to get another chapter of this. Love reading your stuff, and the other stories you write too :P Keep it up.
TantalumCobolt chapter 31 . 5/4/2013
This story was exactly what I needed to cheer me up! Well, not quite, but it definitely helped!

A bit short, but amazing none the less! Of course, I expected nothing else from you! ...Huh, I'm trying to work out if I've always been this flattering or if your story really has made me so much happier :D

I've heard about Toodles a few times in stories, but I'm not sure if there is actually a story about that. If not, I highly recommend writing it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd want to read it. Of course, you probably don't have a lot of time for writing, and you have other stories you're already writing, so it doesn't really matter.

Rusty's plans and ideas never cease to amaze me. Of course, it's your genius that comes up with them, so I have to congratulate on another brilliant idea, and therefore, another brilliant story. As soon as I saw the title ideas were going through my head of what trouble the boys could have gotten into in which the title would apply. I can't say I thought of what actually happened.

The lobsters and the sharks sound quite... intriguing. I can agree with Danny's (It was Danny, right?) line about the lobsters. I would definitely prefer sharks. Lobsters just freak me out! Something about their legs is just creepy *shudder* Although, sharks are probably more likely to kill you, if you're bleeding anyway. Hmm, I'm now going to go to bed with images of Danny and Rusty escaping sharks in my head :)

Thank you so much for this story - even if it wasn't actually for me. It really did help improve my mood! :D Of course, it probably won't last. By the end of the week I'll definitely need another great and humorous story to cheer me up...

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I loved this story a lot!

-TaCo
Maia2 chapter 31 . 5/4/2013
Awesome! Not only do I get a shoutout in an A/N, but I also get the story. I am in a happy place right now. Was fun. And yes one heck of a distraction. Feel bad for Danny . Must have been scary. Thanks again. Maia.
Naie Black chapter 31 . 5/4/2013
I was about to left kudos when I remembered this wasn't AO3 XD
Anyway, this was funny and cute ;D