Reviews for Damascus
Nice. Not totally the ending I expected, but I think yours is better, anyhow. I feel like this story, to me, at least, gets at the heart of the ending of canon and Matsuda's character. And I like how you explained the title. Really a classic story.
I like how you don't hate too much on Misa. She can be an interesting character when done right.
Good (although pretty gory) imagery there. I like where you're going with this.
Very good. I liked the flashback. Whole fic had a dreaminess to it. Well done.
Nice. I like the style, though I don't think I understood all of your metaphors. They were very pretty though, and I'm not a big metaphor person anyway.

Also, I might be wrong on this, but didn't Light die in 2011? So then, 2020 would only be nine years later?
Reader chapter 5 . 4/25/2015
Wow. Unique. Also, beautiful, in a way.

I love your ending, and your story, and your writing.
CreatorsOfWorlds chapter 5 . 10/1/2012
Don't ever think that this chapter was a letdown. It made me laugh, and it was a great ending. It's nice to see a little hope and rebirth in a story as dark as Death Note.
DetectiveShezza chapter 5 . 7/19/2012
Good work here! Very well written, you have a keen eye for description. I found this story rather enjoyable :)
sincethelastday chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Whoa and wow at the same time! That was intense and angsty and deep and all that good stuff! I friend of mine recommended this story to me and I am very glad she did! This was amazing and it's only the first chapter! I loved how you wrote Matsuda as if he was "breaking apart" or "decomposing." Awesome imagery you've got going on there! Looking forward to reading the rest!
Niharumari chapter 5 . 5/8/2012
Wow. This was...wow. It was so incredibly...beautiful, the only word to describe it. You have an amazing way with words; you turned a Japanese manga cartoon into something that could qualify as a literature piece.

Bravo. This was awesome. :)
SmartGirl16 chapter 5 . 3/8/2011
Wow. I'm so blown away by this story that wow is the only thing I can say. Wow.

*favorite author*

*favorite story*
Z chapter 5 . 8/28/2010
to be honest, i cried.
inichuinmylife chapter 5 . 8/30/2009
How nice, how lovely, to see such a deep, true story centred around Matsuda. This is a wonderful story. It is true to life, so true, that I can't fault it in anyway possible. Sure, I can think: "This would have been good here." or the like, but it is wonderful as it is. There's hope out there, for us all. Waiting for us to come looking, like Mr. Matsuda.

Nice touch with the Ballad of Reading Gaol. I liked that.

Thank you for making my day (and the days of anyone who has read this) a lot brighter!
KassieBoyd chapter 5 . 7/23/2009
What ya mean it was a let down? I liked it very much. :D

You write much better than I do...maybe I should hate you...*pouts*

Please keep writing good stories like this.

-Kleb
Artemis400 chapter 5 . 2/9/2009
Wow. This story is amazing! I really like the angsty-ness, it's an emotion not delved into enough with Matsuda, although it would be logical for him to have a high capacity for it. I really like it. . Yay Matsuda! xD

Artemis