Reviews for Damascus
CreatorsOfWorlds chapter 5 . 10/1/2012
Don't ever think that this chapter was a letdown. It made me laugh, and it was a great ending. It's nice to see a little hope and rebirth in a story as dark as Death Note.
GirlatTheRockShow182 chapter 5 . 7/19/2012
Good work here! Very well written, you have a keen eye for description. I found this story rather enjoyable :)
sincethelastday chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Whoa and wow at the same time! That was intense and angsty and deep and all that good stuff! I friend of mine recommended this story to me and I am very glad she did! This was amazing and it's only the first chapter! I loved how you wrote Matsuda as if he was "breaking apart" or "decomposing." Awesome imagery you've got going on there! Looking forward to reading the rest!
Niharumari chapter 5 . 5/8/2012
Wow. This was...wow. It was so incredibly...beautiful, the only word to describe it. You have an amazing way with words; you turned a Japanese manga cartoon into something that could qualify as a literature piece.

Bravo. This was awesome. :)
SmartGirl16 chapter 5 . 3/8/2011
Wow. I'm so blown away by this story that wow is the only thing I can say. Wow.

*favorite author*

*favorite story*
Z chapter 5 . 8/28/2010
to be honest, i cried.
Obsessed-Language-Freak chapter 5 . 8/30/2009
How nice, how lovely, to see such a deep, true story centred around Matsuda. This is a wonderful story. It is true to life, so true, that I can't fault it in anyway possible. Sure, I can think: "This would have been good here." or the like, but it is wonderful as it is. There's hope out there, for us all. Waiting for us to come looking, like Mr. Matsuda.

Nice touch with the Ballad of Reading Gaol. I liked that.

Thank you for making my day (and the days of anyone who has read this) a lot brighter!
KassieBoyd chapter 5 . 7/23/2009
What ya mean it was a let down? I liked it very much. :D

You write much better than I do...maybe I should hate you...*pouts*

Please keep writing good stories like this.

-Kleb
Artemis400 chapter 5 . 2/9/2009
Wow. This story is amazing! I really like the angsty-ness, it's an emotion not delved into enough with Matsuda, although it would be logical for him to have a high capacity for it. I really like it. . Yay Matsuda! xD

Artemis
thebookhobbit chapter 5 . 12/30/2008
Oho, the end chapter? I mourn, but cool!

This chapter was not a letdown! It was amazing and it made me feel quite happy. I could just feel Matsu's relief and- well, I can't find the proper term to describe it. I liked that you gave this a sorta-happy ending, liked the biblical references, loved the calling up of Ide in the middle of the night. It was funny and deep and wonderful. And the writing was also as great as it always is!

It was neat that you had Near wishing Matsu a happy birthday sort of.

"And he was never alone and they had never given up on him and he’d been so stupid because he hadn’t even bothered to see."

I liked that a lot. It was so neat and made me feel all fuzzy that he has people who care. Because this has been so melancholy the ending was perfect.

And I am making no sense! I'm sorry, this was really great though!
Coryx chapter 5 . 12/30/2008
Wow, I liked this. A lot.

Poor Matsuda... I was really afraid for him, a couple chapters ago. :/
melancholya chapter 5 . 12/30/2008
This was a very beautiful look at Matsuda's thoughts. I've read a few stories about Matsuda and how Light's death and related events effected him, very intriguing material. Yours really stood out because of the religious parallels, and I'm glad that at the end he came to a realization and breakthrough.
Saros chapter 5 . 12/30/2008
*A slowpoke reviwer hits his head, finally! puts a mark into Author Alert box and hurries to report more stupid thoughts Bialy's deep story roused him to*

So, after coping with chapter 4 I was close to sobs... the third time ever I was impressed so strongly by a fanfictional story. Oh. But I was sure that irreparable thing wouldn't happen. And what do you mean talking about disappointment by the ending? Right now I'm re-reading chapter 5 and can't help these silly drops of joy and satisfaction with one more soul (fictitious? man, it doesn't matter) found its' peaceful haven. It is the best open yet happy ending you seems like coming for so long: to take him through all thick thorns - and to shining stars.

Your last lines, where Mogi spells out the figurative meaning of the phrase - I guess it's what the whole story had been written for, but, idk, thank you? For this and for being kind and generous to share all your nice ideas with us, common people ;)
Sonar chapter 5 . 12/30/2008
It didn't turn out that bad. at least you didn't have him in a dazed stupor. I always love reviewing your stories. You should be showing these off on other sites. These are just great to read. I just love how you use Matsuda in your stories. Hope you do another one soon.
phollie chapter 5 . 12/29/2008
Good heavens. This entire fic was just breathtaking. I love your portrayal of Matsuda's relationship with Misa, and his thoughts on everyone that had fallen in the Kira case. Perhaps my favorite part of the story was where he had climbed to the water tower but did not have the courage to jump. It was stunning.

Beautifully written and very inspiring.