Reviews for A Second Chance
Rhiannon chapter 1 . 9/15/2000
Hmmm... This was inspired, as usual. The ending seemed a little abrupt, but then Snape is nothing if not abrupt, so I suppose it fit the character well. Will we see more of Hippolyte? I hope so. Good luck at university, and happy belated birthday!
Trinity chapter 1 . 9/15/2000
Oh, Blaise. It was so good. Happy birthday. Mine was the eleventh. PLEASE make a sequel. I want to know more about the league and the spying. Please keep up the good work.
Imp chapter 1 . 9/15/2000
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
netshark chapter 1 . 9/15/2000
Oh dear...sorry for missing this fic, and your birthday...oh well, happy belated. _ Good luck in university. This fic is probably one of the best characterisations of Dumbledore and Snape I have seen - Snape's turning is convincingly done, and the ending is masterful...so. Sorry again, happy belated again, hope you _do_ find some time to write ( not that we want to push you _~ ) and all the best.
Jenn chapter 1 . 9/14/2000
Great! Happy Birthday.
Rachel chapter 1 . 9/14/2000
This was fantastic! Absolutely terrific job! I really thought that your dialogue and characterizations of Snape and Dumbledore were right on, and there were some details that really appealed to me. I liked the Chamber Music magazine, I loved the moment where Snape focuses on Dumbledore's hand (it reminded me of a moment in White Fang, when a man who's about to die really looks at his hand and is struck by how intricate and complex it is), and I liked Dumbledore almost breaking when he asks about Hippolyte. Thanks a lot!
Pogonia chapter 1 . 9/14/2000
Ah, another wonderful one; Snape fic at its best! Two things about your characterization were particularly fine. You drew a strong contrast between Snape's flawless logic in his scheming and plotting, and his utter inability to apply it to his own emotions or thought processes. You also show many of Dumbledore's facets: his unflappable calm in the face of danger, his deep sadness at the bad news in the letter, his wizarding power and his physical frailty - even his knowing sense of humor. JKR reveals them too, but never all at one time as you did - and it works beautifully. Please do give us a sequel, or a prequel, when you have time. Best wishes for a good year at university.
Quaxo chapter 1 . 9/14/2000
*dances wildly* Hurrah! This is suuuucchchhh and awesome story! Sadness that it is over...
Anne1 chapter 1 . 9/14/2000
Oh! It's over! I'm sad and I'm happy all at once! You really wrapped it up very well, Blaise! This was fabulous as always, and a sequel would be great, but I'll understand completely if you're too busy. Good luck at universtiy (Which one are you headed to?) and a very happy birthday!~Anne
Christa Crabbe chapter 1 . 9/14/2000
WOnderful.
MaryR chapter 1 . 9/14/2000
Nice one. You made Severus' turning believable, even. I like how you put it, too: "without any reward save your own assessment of what you are doing". Severus has it even worse than most of the other members of the League, too, because at least they have each other to provide respect and camraderie. And somehow, I think Severus will be harder to satisfy on a 'job well done' than any of the League. :) A nice, thought-provoking piece! :)
Sel chapter 1 . 9/14/2000
AN ABSOLUTELY WICKED ENDING TO AN AMAZING STORY! You really have the charaters down pat, and if you write a sequel I know i'd enjoy it. Good luck at university!
Lupin's Girl chapter 1 . 9/14/2000
Excellent Blaise! Tr did make sense! And Happy Birthday!
Trinity Day chapter 1 . 9/14/2000
Several things. One - Happy Birthday! Two - yes, this story did make sense, don't worry. Three - good luck with university. Now, about the story itself. You did a marvelous job with this story. I loved your characterization, of Snape especially. You made him so human, but at the same time kept him true to the book. His reasons for deflecting were very realistic. He didn't switch sides too quickly (no one changes overnight) and he gave Dumbledore an *excellent* reason for having absolute faith in him in the future. Bravo! An excellent story.
CIC chapter 1 . 9/14/2000
This is, without a shadow of a doubt, the best Snape-fic anywhere. I salute you, and feel priviledged to have gotten the opportunity to read your work. And happy birthday!
393 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »