Reviews for A Second Chance
Rouxinol chapter 6 . 7/28/2004
Well, what can I say? very well done, I'm impressed by the story, it's well written, pleasing to the eye and in character.

There's one thing though, Lily's last name is Evans, not Spencer, we find that out in book five, this is obviously written earlier, but you might want to change that as it's not much of a trouble really.

I would comment on the fact that Snape doesn't seem to know occlumency but that's also a book five thing so it doesn't matter really, it's exellently written, good job _
notyourmuse chapter 6 . 4/14/2004
I love this. The most thrilling part of this story, to me, is the fact that it's entirely plausible. The mauraders are in character, and it makes complete sense that Peter wasn't chosen. In fact, the only thing I disagree with in this story is Lucius Malfoy's age; you've portrayed him as somewhat older than Snape whereas I see him being only a year or two ahead of him.
Aside from that minor nitpick, though, well done!
InnermostThoughts chapter 1 . 3/3/2004
A very exciting beginning. Now I'm curious to see where all this is going. )
izzyrx8 chapter 1 . 2/29/2004
wow, i really like this story and it seems like this may have actually happened (or something like it). You're a very good writer and you should continue with more stories.
tom english chapter 1 . 12/31/2003
its good
holly bennett chapter 1 . 11/8/2003
IT'S LILY EVANS

NOT I REPEAT NOT

LILY SPENCER!

GOOD STORY BIT BORING THOUGH LIFEN IT UP A BIT MORE
Seraphina Pyra chapter 6 . 10/31/2003
That was brilliant, I really liked it. I've always wondered what the possible circumstances for Snape getting a second chance were, and I think your idea is a very good, plausible one.
Nitte iz chapter 6 . 9/12/2003
Amazing!

The insight into Snape was awesome; his rationalizations were so, so well Snape and so well-explained. And your depiction of the Marauders and Dumbledore was also great.

Except, isn't Arabella a Squib?
SetoKaiba419 chapter 6 . 7/25/2003
Yeah this is SO late...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ( and tip Hermione's Birthday is sept. 19 , heck there's so many people's birthday's I know that are in september like my sister sept. 18, Arvil Lagvibe sept. 27 and ahh...it's not imp.) Anyway, I cried at what DUmbledore said about those children and the evil Death Eaters. YOU HAVE TO MAKE A SEQUEL! (yeah University's very busy time, although I'm starting 8th grade...I could imagine! Good Luck! In university and I know Your going to be the best in English!) Anyway, the fanfiction IS SUPER SUPER GRREAATT! EXCELLENT! I LOVE IT! I feel as if I read a Harry Potter Past lives book by JK Rowling, hmm, if you can teach me how to write with imaginary, and senses, and all that interesting points...That'll be the best or maybe you can even be my beta reader! (Yeah I WANT and HAVE to be a writer when I grow up and that happened because of J. , she WAS and IS the most inspiring author you can have to be a writer, seriously, I even changed my ways of life because her stories and I SO can't wait until the Sixth book for Harry Potter.) Maybe the sequel should be something, like Snape's later life or start life at hogwarts or something (yeah this is late too and I probably will find you already wrote something, I'll check it out!) Well, The 'Warm Feedback' is YOUR STORY ROCKS! and it derves to be an honor of a fanfic. Where REALLY in the world did you get the idea. It's SO perfectly written and the personalities of the characters are SO true like in the books, I found the Lupin and silver ingenius but sad, ( I really did feel sorry for Lupin, I have two sides for each character because I'm a neutral people, and I've also been through the 'bully' experience but I don't believe Snape's the bully what so ever,) ech, sorry about over and over writing on a very odd piece of fanfiction but your stories THAT good. Snape in this story was a real hero and thisshoudl be what Rowling uses in her Snape's memory, Speaking of Rowling, did she read this? It's purely amazing and thoughtfully written, and I know good pieces of writing and this REALLY derves to be made in a mini book, (Hey I'll buy it!), Have any original fiction ideas you want someone to look over, I'll be porud to do that...Ok ok I'll stop muttering useless warm feedback you already do get over 360 reviews and I proud it came to your story. Well, I gtg cyas around!
SetoKaiba419 chapter 5 . 7/25/2003
That WAS interesting! How's Dumbledore going to forgive Snape for him going to kill him? maybe Snape's going to inform dumbledore what the death easters are going to do and DUmbledore will higly congrats him or something. I really do hope the story reaches a good line where Snape becomes the good guy in it all. I can't wait to read the next one and Thanks alot for this enjoyable fanfiction of a young little boy by the name of Severus Snape and his troubles at Hogwarts and in Voldemort's army. Please do let us, where you got the ideas for everything, maybe post it in the next chapter or so. Well, I'm off...
SetoKaiba419 chapter 4 . 7/25/2003
Aw...Poor Snape! NO FAIR! That-that girl! and I still feel sorry for Remus! (He's like the best at DADA for teachering atleast but I really don't think Snake should have got a B he SHOULD have got a A you know...)also I forgot to tell you this before before, I thought the 'Gryffindor Guardian' was fasinating! Love it! it was hilairous! and so some parts of the story, you REALLY have what it takes to be a writer, I'm dead serious, and I've learn some words from the fanfiction,too that I didn't know,and thanks all the well for writing this, You really writer like Rowling or like a pro. IF you publish anything, let me know! and yeah this is VERY late reviews...thanks all the same! I found the part when Snape lied to Voldemort one of the most interesting parts here, for like no one so far (that I know) has actually lied to him and got away. I thought Peter should get some parts into grouping with some of the character (because well he WAS one of them but turned out to be a traitor...but I still believe he has a small, mini heart inside him..) Good Luck with your writing!
SetoKaiba419 chapter 3 . 7/25/2003
That was the nicest thing snape did in the Death Eater, and maybe that's why Dumbledore's trusts him...off to read more thanks!
SetoKaiba419 chapter 2 . 7/25/2003
WOW this is great! this is great! THis story really means so much to me! It's so well written and the writing style was as if it were Rowling herself...which leads to my other question...are you SURE your NOT Rowling because you do sound like her but there a acouple of clues that do give it away...Lily 'Spencer' not Evans , and 'Red Dragon' at Hogwarts and you meants JKRowling worshipful...she'd never say that but anyway, This is a praiseful fanfic and you deserve a pat in the back for this fanfic or even more than that! Congrats! (see this is how much I love it!) I'd wish to put it in fav's stories but mines full, I'll put you in fav's author's
SetoKaiba419 chapter 1 . 7/24/2003
(yeah VERY late review I know but a couple of things...) THAT WAS AMAZING! It took my breath away, and it kept me to the end of my seat! I shall read all the chapters and see to it what will happen to Snape and his adventures and hardness to his life. I'm seriously saying is is One of the BEST BEST BEST fanfictions for Snape! EVER! I'm off to read more ASAP! Thanks for getting this idea. although I did sorry VERY sorry for Lupin with the Silver thing.
Orba Estrella chapter 1 . 7/6/2003
Groo...I only read part of this, but I want to swallow it all up! I like your writing very much, Severus Snape is a perfect person for a good fan fic. He is so complex and complicated...he can be portrayed in many, many different yet true-to-the-book ways.

He is one of my favorite characters. J.K. did well with him.

Keep on writing!

Orba Estrella

P.S. Erg, you can't note me back because I am too computer retarded to figure out how to upload a simple Microsoft document. Silly me. My fan fic was about Snape as well, and I thought it was rather good...
393 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »