Reviews for A Second Chance
Heather Goldbug chapter 4 . 5/19/2002
Oh, my. Poor Snape... even evil people don't deserve to be treated that way. Besides, I have a feeling Snape's not evil at heart, just misled and confused and hurt. Oh, and I had a bunch to say about timlines... lemme paste it from notepad. How did Snape know any Weasleys? Remember, he isn't Draco... and Rita Skeeter was young at least 15 years later, in Harry Potter's fourth year. How could she be a reporter way back now? I would think she gratuated from Hogwarts when Harry was about 9 or 10. I guess you don't have to listen to me, I'm little miss Harry Potter timeline. I have written down somewhere when Voldemort began rising, when he was born, when Harry Potter was born, etc. and I think about timelines a lot. As for what some other reviewer said about McGonagall, I don't believe she went to Hogwarts with James and Lily. She seems to be much older than them. Perhaps the reviewer got that idea from Mena Baines. I believe - I may be making this up, but I believe she was a teacher 50 years prior to Harry's 2nd year, when Tom Riddle was about 16. Harry's parents simply cannot be older than Tom Riddle. It would make the whole story very, very odd. As I said before, ignore my extremity... I'm a nutcase when it comes to the timelines. I hate ignorance on this issue - not that you seem ignorant, but people who believe Harry was born in 1987 bother me , there we go, all my timeline rambling out. Your stories are wonderful, by the way. Beautifully written. All hail Blaise!
Heather Goldbug chapter 2 . 5/18/2002
This was much better than the first part. Not that the first part was bad, but I forgot that you weren't J.K. Rowling for quite a bit, there...
Heather Goldbug chapter 1 . 5/18/2002
Wow! Beautifully written... except you are writing from Snape's POV, so shouldn't you refer to him as Severus?
Antares chapter 1 . 4/21/2002
You can tell that a story is going to be good if

the first paragraph "hooks" you- and this one

did. It sent chills down my spine- and by the

time I got to Voldemort licking the bloody blade...

Wow! If this isn't the way JKR imagined a DE

initiation, it should be.
Yuki Kitsune no Tsuki chapter 6 . 3/28/2002
Hey! me again! and I still haven't read your works. I've just spent the last 15 minutes downloading it. c",) Just like that other fic of yours that I've just downloaded an hour ago, Which incidentally has the very same number of reviews. (I'm reveiwer number 346 again!)hehehe. Anyway, I think that It's going to be a great fic for me. Judging from the number of reveiws. (Unless, of course, all of it are complaints)(",)
Lady Lark chapter 6 . 2/16/2002
MMMMMMM this is a beautiful work of art, it caputures everything so perfectly that the images are nearly real. I don't know if you will ever get around to reading this, but i love it very much, and wish to thank you for sharing it with the rest of us. Rare is the talent that you show. Continue to use it, please. :D
dontgiveahoot chapter 6 . 2/3/2002
Very interesting - a solid, unflinching look into Snape as a young, complete and utter bastard who yet cannot complete what he has started when faced with the innocence of children and the trust of Dumbledore. Well-written and engaging. Bravo!
E.J. Lawence chapter 1 . 1/29/2002
Just want to say that this is a great Snape fic. It's very hard to find one that deals with him in the manner that JKR potrayes him in the books. I do hope that you create a second story to this one.

By the way Lily's name is Evans not Spencer, Ms. Rowling's has stated so in a few interviews done by AOL, and the group is called the Order of the Phoenix.

EJ.
Nanakusa chapter 1 . 1/7/2002
Excellent piece of work! Not many fics can interpret Snape's personality correctly but you REALLY can! It's VERY touching! Thanks for ur GREAT work and Ive added it to my favourites!
Lily Potter13 chapter 6 . 1/5/2002
omigosh this is the best snape fic i've ever read!
Genevieve chapter 6 . 12/28/2001
Reread GOF yesterday (my middle daughter is finally reading Harry Potter!), and got fascinated by the relationship between Snape and Dumbledore. Why did he trust him? So I went looking for fanfic which might explore the question,and yours was the first one I found. Very interesting.

I gather there is a lot of fanfic dealing with the olden days of You-Know-Who's reign of terror, but this is the first HP fanfic I've ever read. Thanks so much for writing and sharing your stories and ideas.
CornerDemon chapter 6 . 11/17/2001
This is truly a lovely story. It is the first I've seen that concentrates on Snape and makes his actions realistic and within the realm of his character. I have lots of opinions on Snape, and in the end of the series, I believe he will be "on the side o' the angels".

I think this is so well-written; it really is amazingly well-crafted. There are very, very few grammatical errors and the style is wonderfully flowing. The only parts I found choppy were the few concerning the three Gryffindors becoming Aurors. That was rather extraneous and clunky, as well as took us out of the established point of view (the scene with Dumbledore and McGonagall was necessary, however, to establish their motives).

If you intend to do a sequel (PLEASE!), or a separate story, I ask you to do a flash forward. Snape's current motives are interesting, and I find it doubly so that he's a teacher. His views toward "children" in your text are really engaging and it would be interesting to see how that appears in his thoughts, as well as views on Malfoy. Also, it almost lends itself to the fact that he could very much see himself as almost protecting Dumbledore with his distrust versus Dumbledore's excessive trustfulness.

I really enjoyed this. I was afraid at first that Hippolyte would become a love interest, and was relieved at her relatively small involvement. I also loved Snape's almost always inferior view of others, even those he worked with. I liked the way the piece lent itself to the future of Snape, and played quietly with how he deals with things emotionally. But I think what I liked the best was how his realization of everything came not as a huge epiphany, but rather as something that was always there. It was a "growing up" kind of moment, where eventually he was forced to realize that imagining someone dead (as everyone does) is a lot different than actually killing them. You made him very believeable in that aspect, adn I respect that a thousand times over.

There are so few fanfics out there that really do such a great job with detail and everything, and I'm so glad you chose to write this one. Please continue to write, and I'll continue to read! (even though I'm a year belated on reviewing.)

I'm sorry I had nothing more to offer on constructive criticism for revising, but there's really nothing to revise here. You've done a great job with this piece, no matter what anyone says, and I think it's the best "Snape Work" there is. Good luck in future literary endeavors!

-CornerDemon
SweetSinger chapter 6 . 10/1/2001
I think that

I'm going to put you on my favorites.
SweetSinger chapter 5 . 10/1/2001
You really have talent! Okay now I wish I didn't tell others that I didn't find a really really good writer at . Keep it up. I swear, you're going to become a professional writer some day.
Si chapter 2 . 9/26/2001
Hi,

I really like the story so far but i would just like to say that there are a problems. One is that Professor McGonagall wouldn't be teaching because they went to school together. Therefore, she cannot teach snape.

Keep on writing,