Reviews for A Second Chance
Mystica chapter 6 . 5/29/2001
Wow. First of all, I love the chapter title. Aw, heck, I love the entire thing! That is so good! Your Dumbledore really got a lot better in this part. Snape was perfect. My only objection is with the plot itself - you killed that little girl, Sarah Branstone. *sniffles* That was so sad! But this was really good. It's going on my favorites list! Zhai'helleva!
Mystica chapter 5 . 5/26/2001
Wow. I love the way you've captured how Snape thinks. If /I/ were writing this, he'd be getting rid of the double-agent problem by confessing to Dumbledore, and I'd decide I hated it and never finish it. Great job on that. I've only got one tiny criticism, and that's that things are falling into place just a bit too neatly. Snape is looking for the Violet Room, and it's the first one he walks into. He's looking for the traitor, and he happens to overhear him. I don't see how you could do it any other way and still get the same effect, but I just thought I'd comment. Excellent job!
Mystica chapter 4 . 5/26/2001
Well. I love that end line. "This isn't a kid's game." That was good. And Snape is really starting to grow on me. I can never decide if I like him or not. He's like Draco, people always characterize him differently. The difference is I always like Draco. Anyway, the point is, I like your version of Snape. I can really see how he's going from point A to point B, to use the hated math terms. *shudder* Well, this is very good, and if I don't have to cry at the end of it, I'll probably add it to my favorites list!
Mystica chapter 3 . 5/26/2001
Wow. I know I've said so before, but you really did an excellent job with Snape. That scene with the little girl was really powerful. I liked how you linked her eyes to her mother's. But I still feel like Dumbledore's a little off. Ah, well. This was very good!
Val chapter 6 . 5/21/2001
It's good. That must explain Snape, right? Evil, with a good side. Very original.
Mystica chapter 2 . 5/21/2001
Just out of curiosity, how come you call Snape "Snape" and not "Severus"? He seems to be telling the story, and most people don't usually refer to themselves by their last names. *frowns* Ah, well. Confusion, confusion, the story of my life. Anyway, this is really getting interesting, and I wish I had time to read more than a chapter a day. *sighs* Well, you're doing well with Snape, and Dumbledore is better than he was at earlier points. Zhai'helleva!
Val chapter 4 . 5/21/2001
WHY did you make Snape sound like a nice guy?
Mystica chapter 1 . 5/20/2001
Ooh. Interesting. I'd like to change my previous opinion - you're just as good at Snape as you are at Lupin. And that trick Snape pulled with the silver was low.
moomoo chapter 6 . 5/19/2001
very interesting! you rule, Blaise!
Belphegor chapter 6 . 5/16/2001
Another P.S before I go to bed (very bade case of flu): I actually LIKED Severus Snape! Do you realize how great the feat is? Anyway, thanks for having me forgetting my flu for a few minutes. I think I've read all your stories now, so be glad, you won't get more of these excited, awfully cheesy and weird reviews of mine. Unless you write another story. Which I hope you'll do, and I try to send more constructive reviews if you do. Congrats for your great talent from France!
Belphegor chapter 3 . 5/16/2001
Just a P.S: you're right about Hyphen. I enjoyed every single piece of work of hers. Different style, but same pleasure.
Belphegor chapter 2 . 5/16/2001
Yes, two tiny little things. You may know by now that Lily's maiden name is Evans, so I won't be long about that. Second is just a thought that came to my mind. Yesterday I read "Trojan Horse", and I'm sure I haven't read it there, but somewhere I knew Arion was in Slytherin. How weird. I didn't like much this guy in the first chapters, but I improved on it later on. Did you actually mention which house he was in? Anyway, I think I'd better to stop here, because I'm sure you are fed up by now of all my reviews. Reviews are just great, as long as there are not too many of them, I reckon.
Fireline chapter 2 . 5/15/2001
I love this story! This is my 5th time reading it. I'll put it on my favorites list.
Lisa chapter 1 . 5/12/2001
I recently discovered your stuff, and it's wonderful; I'm working my way through it. A minor point: you have Lily's maiden name as "Spencer." You probably wrote this story before JKR's chat in which she said that it's "Evans." I don't know if it's worth going back and changing, but just wanted to make sure you knew. Aside from that, I'm really loving your stories. I hope JKR's Arabella Figg is a lot like yours.
MoonyMeggers chapter 6 . 5/6/2001
That was really incredibly awesomely good. And it's refreshing to have someone who knows British English to write stories that are supposed to be British. I am glad you already have a great deal of writing posted; I won't have to beg you for more for quite a while. Good job!
393 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »