Reviews for A Second Chance
moonymeggers chapter 1 . 5/6/2001
Hey, this is really interesting. It's not quite the same as the other storylines that are repeated over and over... I am actually quite curious as to how this turns out. You are going to keep my from my homework, and I will fail out of school... but hey, maybe I can go to Hogwarts next. Don't need stupid calculus there.
Demeter1 chapter 6 . 5/5/2001
Excellent. Pure Excellence. A story set in the Harry Potter world that follows its roots. No self-insertion, careful adding of the most minute of details. No trying to make either side the seemingly winner. Allowing emotion to seep into Snape's mindscape. And showing that he still doesn't know right or wrong; he just knows what he has to do. A sequel is definitely wanted in this case.
queencaps chapter 2 . 4/23/2001
Ch 2 was great too!
queencaps chapter 1 . 4/23/2001
Great chapter I have got to read the next one so...tata 4 now!
Lilith Morganawork chapter 6 . 4/23/2001
You almost brought some tears out there in the end. You've portraied Dumbledore just in character- that kind, forgiving personality of his. And I do also believe in Snape's reasons to join Voldemort and to leave him. Realistic I daresay. The story I'm writing is a lot different, so I'm not worried anymore of being accused of anything:) Wonderful writing and good luck at Uni!
Lilith Morgana who's work chapter 3 . 4/23/2001
Aww...had to comment on this before I continue reading. I also let 'my' Snape get soft on children, and his thoughts in my story are really similar to yours- "It would be so easy, Severus. Just do it" And I believe we almost have the same line somewhere, like "He could find reasons to kill adulds" etc. Unfortunately my story 'The Prodigal Son' isn't up here yet so people will probably think I've copied you when it does appeare on this site. *sigh* I will have this as a reference, although my ideas really were mine at the time. Hope you don't mind- but if you do, e-mail me. I don't wish to get accused of plagiarism!
sup chapter 5 . 4/17/2001
sooooooo soooooo good exiting too
Darrel Doomvomit chapter 1 . 4/17/2001
gooooooood
Minerva Darkbane chapter 6 . 4/13/2001
I loved the ending. *_* Took me forever to get around to reading it. I love the symbolism, too.. brilliant. Nothing else I can say. Simply brilliant.
Puzzler chapter 6 . 4/9/2001
That was really cool! I loved that view of Snape's life as a double agent.. lots of people do fics about why Snape's such a mean person, but this was WAY more interesting. I vote you write a sequel.
R.J. Anderson chapter 1 . 4/9/2001
What I love about this fic is that it proposes a reason for Snape to have changed sides that has NOTHING to do with Lily Potter. *loud and sustained applause* Plus, it's superbly written and excellently characterized. What's not to like?
Pottermaniac chapter 6 . 4/8/2001
This perfectly-paced story moved me. It had an unpredictable story, perfect characterization, cohesive themes like trust (making it all the more clever to make Snape a spy)and redemption, descriptive imagery, and thrilling suspense. You really made me empathize with Snape, and you revealed an important truth in your comparisons of his two masters. You theorize that opportunism, the loss of his father, and jealousy of the Marauders caused Snape to join the Death Eaters; I think you have a strong case. A classic, IMHO.
Amanda Rush chapter 6 . 3/25/2001
A very touching end to a very good story! Kind of gives you a new view of Snape without having to see him get all emotional.
Amanda Rush chapter 4 . 3/25/2001
Once again, great job! You've done a good job at keeping Snape within his character limits.
Snidget Jaguarni chapter 6 . 3/22/2001
COOLIES! WHOOO! good story, make part 2!
393 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »