Reviews for Karma
Lamia of the Dark chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
I... I read that in Steve Buscemi's voiuce, so I'd say you did a pretty good job keeping Pink in character :D
Rain in the Morning chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
I loved the tie-ins to Pulp Fiction here: Jules, the Vega brothers, and of course the best 50's diner ever imagined. Your narrative style is engaging, and the monologue seems so fast-paced and natural, as it should be coming from neurotic motormouth Pink. He is appropriately bitter at his degradation, which could also explain his slightly scornful and unenthusiastic performance in PF as a haggled waiter; Vince wasn't impressed by him, at any rate!

I love these stories that speculate on what happened to Pink, though if you listen to the background noise during the last few minutes of RD you can hear what really happens to him. He has difficulty starting Vega's car, then there's gunfire and you hear cops moving in to arrest him. Right after Freddy's confession you can hear Pink shouting, "Don't shoot! I've been shot, goddamn it!" at the cops. The poor guy went to jail, though I think lots of fans would prefer your version!
Yellowfur chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
Oh, this was wonderful. It really was karma, eh? Clever idea, good writing. I could picture Mr. Pink sitting there, gesturing about with his drink, telling the story.
SpaceMonkey0941 chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
Whaddaya mean, "getting his voice right", this is perfect! You write really good Pink, I like all the angst and sarcasm. It's chicken soup for the down-and-out-thief's soul.