Reviews for Secret Burdens
wndr1dr chapter 25 . 7/18
I have loved the X-Men for over 20 years and I can tell when people know the characters from the comics versus from Hollywood. You know them so well. You know the essence of them individually and as a family. I love Storm, he power and her grace. You captured her so perfectly and she was safe in your hands. You have done justice to her and to those who love her character. I thank you for that on a level deeper than you will ever know. Thank you for the gift of this story. For not giving up on this story. You are an amazing writer. You created I didn't want to leave. :)
StormLover chapter 25 . 7/14
Loved the emotional roll coaster where they had to fight for their love. Great fic.
Bambibelle84 chapter 25 . 7/6
[ "With all my heart," ]

["A mohawk, huh?"]

Omg i knew it. I knew it was gonna be something else she trusted him with. I just loved that you made it him cutting her hair to a Mohawk lol.

Your Superb. Yiur writing just WOW. This story was perfection. You wrote it so brilliantly. And you wrote RoLo and all the characters so beautifully. Everything was magnifecent. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty.
Bambibelle84 chapter 24 . 7/6
["And you've got a helluva lot to learn about me if you think I give a rat's ass about what's 'right' and what's 'good.' Fuck the consequences. I did it because I'mselfish. Because I'm not ready to give you up."]

This whole dialougue between them. I loved it so much. Her words.

[The young mutant cocked her head and smiled at Ororo. "It's your humanity that inspires us. It's your emotions and your compassion that have endeared us to Xavier's Dream. I, for one, couldn't follow anyone less."]

Omg i swear you write every character so accuratem i can see all this chapter all this story just play so vividly. The students speaking of Storm was just beautiful to read. And Storms inner thoughts of her family.
Bambibelle84 chapter 23 . 7/5
Kurt and Ororo interactions. I really love so much.

Ill continue reading the last two chapters later on today.

But i have enjoyed these 23 chapters so much.
Bambibelle84 chapter 22 . 7/5
The kids asking Logan about whats going on with him and Ororo lol.

["Well, what should I call my significant other?" she asked impishly. Logan raised his brows at her. "'Significant'?" he repeated.]

Bambibelle84 chapter 21 . 7/5
["I wanna be able to send her into fits of anger and see her light up like a firecracker," he said laughing. His eyes became distant suddenly, his smile wilting, somewhere off in memories Rogue thinks she will never be privy to. "And I want her to know me. I want her to know me in ways I'm afraid to know myself." Logan closed his eyes, recalling her touch in the conference room before the mission. Her slap. Her lips. "I want her to kiss me like she means it. Like she means it with every part of herself. I want every fuckin' part of her to mean it. The way I do."]

HES IN LOVE. OMG. Btw i love the interactions with Marie and Logan. I really do. Ive always loved their friendship. In the Comics, Series amd Movies.

[...My instincts told me to move. I did. And I regret nothing. Because it has made me realize," her head dipped slightly here, her eyes watching his hesitantly, and if Logan had not known the cool, commanding Storm he would have called her look almost scared. She licked her lips and breathed in that sweet precious air between them. "There is nothing more important."]

Bambibelle84 chapter 20 . 7/5
[ "I'm the thing monsters flee from. I'm the thing that demons fear. I'm what makes your nightmares crawl beneath their puny, fuckin' beds at night. And when I'm through with ya, you'll be pleading for monsters.]

Hes fucked.

["If you kill him…" she started, pulling in a sharp breath through her nose to continue, "we become the terror…he thought us to be."]

WOW ALL THIS CHAPTER THO. Played so vividly in my head. Wow.

["Logan," Hank reached out softly. "The bullet came close to her spine. I don't know if…" He stopped and swallowed the heavy break in his voice. "She needs a hospital now. She needs surgery now." His stare was heavy on Logan. "She needsyou now."]

Asdfghjkl. This scene.

["If she never walks again," Logan snarled, inches from the crying man's own face, his breath hot on his wounded cheeks, "then neither do you."]

Thats Wolverine.
Bambibelle84 chapter 19 . 7/5
[She would later realize it was the bullet ripping through her ribcage that had sent the searing pain up the length of her body, sent the chilling scream ripping from her throat.]

Bambibelle84 chapter 18 . 7/5
This keeps getting better and better.
Bambibelle84 chapter 17 . 7/5
Bambibelle84 chapter 16 . 7/5
[couldn't stop looking even further, his eyes moving down her body as he realized exactly how fitted these stupid X-men uniforms were. He figured he should probably stop complaining at this point.]

[Her eyes had suddenly felt warm and moist and before she could lift a hand to wipe at them, she felt his warm lips against the wetness of her cheek, her eyelashes fluttering against his skin as he met her tear with his kiss. She choked on a sudden unexpected sob and Logan pulled back slightly to watch her, his arm still holding her to him, his hand still linked with hers.]

Asdfghjkl. Omg my feels.

["Say it's the same for you," he could barely breathe, barely find the mind to ask her for it. "That I'm…" he stopped, pulled hot breathes through his nose into his aching lungs, because if he said it wrong he'd lose her, he knows. "I want to be all you think about. Ororo."]

Im shit. Asdfghjkl.

["Ororo, I want to be it. I want to be-" But he didn't get to finish. Suddenly, she yanked herself from his grasp with a force he hadn't expected from her previously pliant body and whipped around to face him. Before he could even notice the change her hand was pulled back and then coming across his cheek in a sharp and full-forced slap. ]

What da... o...m...g... bahahahah. You have no idea. My mom was next to me and i have cracked up so hard lol omg she shut me up but i kept laughing... that was so unexpected omg bahahahaha. Im sorry. But that made me laugh.

["What the FUCK was – " She grabbed his face in both hands and yanked him to her, crushing her mouth to his, moving her lips over his urgently, wrapping her arms around his neck and clashing her body flush against his. She pulled her head back to stare into his wide, dark eyes, her own eyes hooded and cheeks flushed. "You are all I think about."]

[She blinked at him. "I…I want to but…" Logan nodded again, his thumb grazing her cheek. "I know. It's okay, because I know now, I know we're both feeling this. And I know that this is the shittiest timing." She laughed, her cheeks flushed, her smile spreading to his hands, and he never thought she had ever looked so beautiful."But I need to be there for my team." Ororo pleaded with him, her hands coming up to hold his. "I need you to be there too."]

Goodness Gracious they are adorbs. You write them so fucking perfect. Ugh. I cant with my emotions.

[ "But," he started, a devilish grin breaking across his face, "I do need to work this tension off somehow." Ororo raised a brow at him and began to open her mouth in the most degrading and scolding schoolteacher tone she could muster when he stopped her. "Care for a Danger Room session?" His smile was brilliant.]

Bambibelle84 chapter 15 . 7/5
[Watching her stride into the room, Hank sighed and pulled his shoulders back. That woman was going to be the death of him, he was sure of it.]

Oh Hank. I just love him so much.

[Kurt shrugged nervously. "I do not think the children like me very much. But I am doing well for myself, Windrider." He brushed a hair behind her ear with a tender hand as he used his nickname for her, and his eyes softened on her warm face.]

Omg YES. You added Nighcrawler a favorite of mine. And this exchange with Storm a huge plus.

["What is it about you that's got the blue boys so fixed?"]

Bahaha omg no they arent acting like kids lol.

["I am," he responded firmly, boring into her eyes. "I am with you. I'm…Dammit, Storm, I'm sorry. I'm with you okay, in this fight. I've got your back. I have always had your back. That doesn't change."]

Im glad hes with her i knew he would be. Thats just Logan.

DUN DUN DUN. This gets better and better every chapter.
Bambibelle84 chapter 14 . 7/5
[That old sweater you pull from the back of your drawer to discover it still fits. That childhood friend who, once reconnected, sounds just as they did fifteen years ago. That song you've never forgotten the words to. Logan's kiss was as familiar as rain.]

[There was a low growl rumbling through his chest as he pulled back just enough to catch her eyes. His breath still fanned her lips, her hand trembling at his chest. Logan stared at her, his dark gaze unrelenting and impatient. "What?" The word was hot against her face. Her eyes narrowed slightly, her annoyance focusing her further. "Do not 'what' me."]

[ "I have always trusted you with my life, Logan, since the first time I fought alongside you."Logan's smile slowly faded. "My heart is another matter entirely."]

[He licked his lips. "I can't just ignore what might be the best damn thing to happen to me in God knows how long. I mean, fuck Ororo – I don't…I don't know how to do anything but act on what feels rightand natural. And right now that's you. You feel right to me. And I have no fuckin' clue about how it all came to that but there it is. There it fuckin' is. And I ain't running away from this one."]

Im casper right about now lol. Omg

["Oh, and I don't? Well, apologies if it came off as though you were one of my priorities. Obviously, you can't be worth that much effort, huh?" he cut back. Ororo felt the acid slung in that one, and for a moment she thought she might not be able to answer, afraid the break in her voice would give her away. But then her voice came of its own accord and she was surprised the words could come so easily. "About as much as can be said for you, right Logan?" She regretted it the moment it left her mouth.]

OMG. NOOO. Logan, Ororo, please just dont say another word. Omg this chapter has me in a rollercoaster of emotions.

["Good then. Leave! I was starting to miss the image of your back!" she screamed as he slammed the glass]

Im sobbing. I cant with this.
Bambibelle84 chapter 13 . 7/5
[ "You're all I think about." Ororo had only a moment to process that thought before she found Logan's warm lips urgent against hers and a craving she hadn't known was there, suddenly enflamed. It started here. It started at the beginning]

Im dead. Asdfghjkl