Reviews for Secret Burdens
EA chapter 1 . 11/7/2014
"Do not presume to think that I will allow you to lay hands on me again."

YES GURL! LOL!
PraticallyCharmed chapter 2 . 7/29/2014
logan...
PraticallyCharmed chapter 1 . 7/29/2014
wow i was waiting for storm electrocute logan or something
Bahahaval chapter 25 . 6/10/2014
Beautiful and amazing story :)
nakala chapter 25 . 5/28/2014
Thanks for such a great story. I put off reading this chapter because I didn't want it to end. I so hope you write more Ororo fics whether they be mulitichapter or one shots. I I'll be looking forward to reading anything you write for her.
sundes2013 chapter 25 . 5/27/2014
Awww this is cute! Well it has been such a long ride ( six years..wow) and I am glad that you completed this story.
You definitely deserve a cookie! ;)
shejams chapter 25 . 5/22/2014
Six years?! Wow... What a ride is was! I enjoyed every word, every emotion and all the action.
And LOL the Mohawk! Totally unexpected.
Thank you so much for finishing this. It was a wonderful read. I look forward to reading more of your outstanding work.
Peace, love, and happiness. :D
Skewbald chapter 25 . 5/22/2014
Wow, I can't believe this story is completed! This chapter gave me warm butterflies, it was so sweet. And the ending, the whole thing with the mohawk, TOO CUTE! You have done such a wonderful job with this story, I adored it from beginning to end and it is definitely one of my favorite RoLo stories EVER. Even though it's over, I will continue to come back and re-read it. I definitely enjoyed the ride, and am looking forward to any more RoLo stories you may present to us. I can't say enough about this story, it was just so thrilling, sweet, touching, and fantastic. GREAT JOB FRIEND! :D
lychee loving chapter 25 . 5/20/2014
Oh my god oh my god it's over and you finished it with the epic hair cut reference and it's cute and it's great and more than "mohawk holy crap" it's also "scream look at the level of trust there is between them now!" and the last line is the best of your callbacks aaah :)

I can't believe this is done! And I can't believe that all this started out as "Logan had loved Jean and Ororo had secretly loved Scott all along" - look how far they've come, look how their story's grown and changed! Oh my god :')

This has been such a great journey and I'm so glad I got to see it develop and eventually conclude. What an experience. You've done so much with this and I'm so glad you've shared it with us. It went from quiet angsty drama to action and suspense that the X-Men is so known for, all while breathing much needed life into the film-versions of these characters. That's fantastic. Especially with how, even if this has been a story about Logan and Ororo's relationship, the other X-Men aren't just background characters. They had important roles and important lines and it really felt like a family. This was all so great and I can't believe you're done with it all! Congrats on such a great story, orangeflavor. I think, if anything, it proves what a talented storyteller you are. I really hope to read more from you some time because this has been an amazing experience. :D
lychee loving chapter 24 . 5/12/2014
Well, Logan and Ororo's long overdue talk was well worth the wait. I really enjoyed it. I think it captured their dynamic really well - with Logan convinced that he knows what kind of man he is and that he isn't capable of change (etcetera, etcetera) and Ororo refusing to back down and reminding him that he's shown compassion time and again. I love how tense it was there - their personalities really have a tendency to clash. It makes their relationship - their trust and respect for each other - that much sweeter. By the end of that talk I was just consumed by feels :')

And! Gosh, I love the X-Kids. There are a lot of things I don't like about the X-Men films, but I like how you portray this team. Their respect and trust for Storm as a leader (and their understanding that she is human like the rest of them. you and your callbacks! that line about "human first, mutant second." is one of my favorite lines from this story hahaha) is sweet and cute and amazing and speaks so much about Storm, I think. I love that Logan just let them speak up, and it worked without him having to step in and add his own two cents. Haha. I think I was tearing up a little when Ororo started tearing up herself. Bluh.

One chapter to go! I can't believe this is almost done! Orangeflavor, you're almost there!
shejams chapter 24 . 5/11/2014
I think I just died! I was literally holding my breath during their conversation. It was so intense, so raw, so.. Real! I think I was shaking a little too. Bravo with that. I felt every emotion they had.
I came back to life for the second part.
The kids made my heart beat again. They were awesome. I loved how Pete didn't back down. I loved how Bobby, Kitty and Warren didn't give up.
And I especially loved how Logan wisely let the kids work their magic on Ororo.
That was awesome. I wish you could see my big grin right now.
I loved it.
Koko chapter 24 . 5/11/2014
Well, I'm so sad this is coming to an end but, in the other hand, I feel this joy inside... You evoke so many emotions in myself!
My reviews have been absent for a time, and I feel in debt, because you really deserve the good feedback n_n Specially for the rapids updates!
The last three chapters were so good, so full of meaningful moments! All that was said was just right to the point, all that was needed to be said and in the right manner to be said.
I tell you again and again how good your writing is, you give so much life to these characters. You make me feel with them and by them! I sometimes find myself wanting to yell at them, at their stubborness; cry with them and even give them a hug lol
Storm is and has been my favorite of all time, and I love the way you portray her in here; she is almost all I want her to be, perfect by no way, but with a big and compassionate heart...
I thank you for giving us this piece of your work, for dedicating so many hours of your time on all these years :)
I hope you write another fiction some time, I would love to see a sisterly relation between Ro and Jean, or her relationship with Remy or Scott (not in the loving way, of course ;) only RoLo )...
Now the only thing left is to wait for the last chapter u_u
Skewbald chapter 24 . 5/11/2014
I think this was my favorite chapter. Wow! Ororo's talk with Logan was written so well, and her talk with the team was so adoringly sweet! I love this X-Men family. :')
preston-gal chapter 24 . 5/11/2014
Love love love. Would have liked a full rolo heated make out session but happy with what I got :p again really don't want this to end.
jazphace chapter 24 . 5/11/2014
Good Stuff! Keep it coming...