Reviews for The M Rated Magpie's Nest
mkbpwb01 chapter 18 . 4/24/2009
Ha, very rational! Bones would be proud.
blaineanderson chapter 18 . 4/24/2009
"Not really," she said with a sour twist to her mouth. "Most of the time I stay a mile away from the pool."

You barked a laugh. You weren't ever sure what metaphors Bones would get and which ones she wouldn't, even after all this time. She still surprised you.

"Yeah, well, better that than always standing at the edge, planning out that one perfect dive over and over in your mind, without even climbing the ladder to take a better look at what you're diving into to see if it's safe after all." Your tone was incredibly bitter as you tasted the time wasted filling your mouth.

"Quite a pair, hunh?" you asked then.

She tipped her head and nodded as she looked at you, then said quietly, "yes."

I love this little exchange :).

You perfectly capture these characters within your dialogue. I don't really know how to explain it other than the fact that you get them. You understand them. And all it really boils down to is that simple fact.
CMW2 chapter 18 . 4/24/2009
“Bones? What’s that bodies in motion thing?” you murmured into the darkness.

Her breath ghosted warm over your chest. “Bodies in motion tend to stay in motion. Bodies at rest tend to rest. Newton’s First Law of Motion.”

Another thing you’d been wrong about, you smiled to yourself in the darkness. It hadn’t been about breaking the laws of physics at all. It had been about following them.

That is so B/B. I like your spin on their "Breaking the Laws of Physics" thread and I can't wait to see what you do next with this series. Both Magpies make my day.
Gryphin chapter 18 . 4/24/2009
I really don't know if I can accurately convey how much I loved this chapter. Truly! But I shall try!

Rarely can I say this, but I didn't even need the lovin' to make this update freaking fantastic. (Not that I didn't like it! ;-) Your portrayal of their conversation leading up to it all was spot-on and absolutely perfect.

My absolute favorite part about this is how you kind of turn the tables on the whole "Who's-aware-and-who-struggles" argument. The two camps seem to say:

BOOTH - he's the one that knows he's attracted to her, but he struggles with it because she's not ready.

And then BRENNAN: She's struggling with it because she doesn't know how to let herself love, so she's fighting what's happening.

But you have shed a whole new light on it that I find quite intriguing. It seems like Booth is the one that is aware and struggling but for reasons that no one has really considered. He's fighting it, but for the reason that we usually assign to Brennan. What a fantastic take on it! I think I might have to leave the Brennan camp and join this one.

Very nice job!
Aching Bones chapter 18 . 4/24/2009
Hi there,

Glad you were inspired to write this...

Just love how Bones had been able to divulge her childhood horror story to both Sweets and Booth...

'You never thought she’d be ready to share something that raw before you were'...

Loved...

'Soon enough's already taken too long," you said'...

Had to laugh at the sudden change in the meaning of what Booth had been thinking about Gordon Gordon...

'Maybe not, but he'd sure as hell stirred the pot and brought things to a boil'...

Really nice take on this epi and thank you,

Ger
SuchAGoodGirl chapter 18 . 4/24/2009

Wow! Fantastic end line.

This would be the perfect way for them to get it together. Him, coming to her, with the single intention of asking if this is what she wants...

... but I don't expect it to happen like this all. Thank goodness for you and your happy endings.
DoctorSweets chapter 18 . 4/24/2009
I love the line "It hadn’t been about breaking the laws of physics at all. It had been about following them."
CSINaomi chapter 18 . 4/24/2009
This chapter... this epic love story... it is amazing. blc, I cannot say that I am surprised (because you've just brought my awe to another level, not constructed it), but I can say that I am dumbstruck by your depth of understanding of the B&B relationship. Bravo, my friend, bravo!

Smiles,

Naomi
bb-4ever chapter 18 . 4/24/2009
excellent shot loved that episode. great follow on will booth actually realise in the show though? hope so look forward to more soon
HawkAngel XD chapter 18 . 4/24/2009
yeah, that's why my favorite classes are physics, love them all actually... you keep following the rules... yeah!... great chapter, update soon please

HawkAngel
Writer Unblocked chapter 18 . 4/24/2009
So good, as usual.

I like how you brought in the Cinderella conversation, and how it took Booth forever to realize that she was not asking a general question.

-Harlem
DBCrazy chapter 18 . 4/24/2009
18. Newton's First Law of Motion

Thanks for a new shot just as I finished #17!

I'm not a speed reader. Reading to myself is practically the same as pleasure reading to someone else. That part when Booth goes over to Brennan's and finds his way into confessing his heart to her, that reduced me to tears.
Anna86 chapter 18 . 4/24/2009
Hi! My name 's Anna. I'm an italian Bones' fan.

Every story you write it's a pleasure for my craving of B&B fanfics.

Extremely good work, as always.

Anna
VEB.DaffodilDaisy chapter 18 . 4/24/2009
Aww, I loved this fic! :D

So, SO cute.

Could you do another jealousy one at some point?

Because those are amazing when you write them.

I was so excited when I saw this email in my inbox, almost as excited as when I found an adorable email from someone I care a lot about.

So yes, I love it.

XX
bearlee-there chapter 18 . 4/24/2009
Our Bones is so brave:

"..."when's soon enough?"

"She couldn't wait there forever, she was already in motion."

Coming together amidst metaphors that are actually comprehended by both governed by a scientific law? Excellent!

Beautiful piece. Thank you for posting.
464 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »