Reviews for You don't have to do this
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
I personally like to think he didn't kill Carla, even though people say the way he checks his shoes after he leaves the house indicates that blood was spilled so I love it when Carla's alive in a fic. I kinda expected him to do a mattress dance with her so I enjoyed reading this.
Cleonie 'Jayne Mansfield' Quin chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Mesmerising story. Immediately gripping, with the strength and sensuality it needed. Thanks so much for this.

x
-C.Q
HarleyQuinn chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
I loved this. All I have to say.
Something Witty Goes Here chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
I really enjoyed this! I never would have even thought about this happening, but it is certainly an intriguing idea. I hope there's more to come!
iryna chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
This is so awesome and intense!
antonfan chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
That was an amazing fic. Wonderfuly written. I only just saw the movie about a week ago and loved it. The pairing, in your story, b/w these two is FABULOUS. I loved it. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Zarkovagis9 chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
i didn't watch this movie as closely as i wanted to so i have to say that i didn't feel any sexual vibe when i watched the scene for the first time.

still, this fic really did creep the hell out of me! good job on that! the tone was perfect, how you didn't blatantly spell things out and only hinted at things was great.

great job.
WitchCameBack chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
I simply love this movie and found your story very interesting. I wish you could write more.
All Apologies chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
I am glad to see I am not the only one who wondered about this scene. I like your take on it very much and would love to see more.
Das Lieblingsfach chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
Don't let ignoramuses who think they've got the whole 411 on the movie's symbolism and meaning let you down(especially those who can't even spell or seem to find the gumption to leave a non-anonymous review). Possibility is only limited by imagination. I'm a firm believer in that.

Anyway, I really liked this piece. You're not the only one who felt tension between Carla Jean and Chigurh in the last scene. I can't really explain what kind of vibe that was,(and whether or not it was caused by my crush on Javier Bardem and Kelly MacDonald- though the Kelly one is more of a heterogirl crush, but I won't delve too deeply into that) but it was undeniably there. I had been trying to justify a scene like this in terms of the movie's plot, but I've so far found it too difficult. The question arises, is Chigurh a human or not? Would he be bound by such human afflictions as lust? Would Carla Jean want that from him for any reason or would it be rape?

Because I got a slight sense of sympathy (or, possibly, empathy) from Chigurh towards Carla Jean. This was the first time in the movie Chigurh addressed another human being with total respect (and ironically, it was Carla, the one character that got the least respect from anyone else. Ironically too, was that it was Chigurh that gave it to her). He also gave her the option of the coin, which he most certainly didn't have to. He promised Lewelyn, after all. He could have killed her right there, coin or no. There was a certain connection that these two characters had with one another, stronger than any other relationship in the movie. It was like a twisted, sympathetic understanding, if that makes any sense.

I don't know. I don't entirely understand it myself, but you did a marvelous job making this plausible. I'd love to see more Carla Jean/Chigurh pieces, but I understand its a most difficult endeavor.
Anon chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
That was extremely intense, and so very true to the character. Don't say that it's done
TheOneWhoKnows chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
Sorry but really, the true depth of this moovie would be intantly destroyed if this were the scene. I hope it was a joke.
Halfmoonglasses chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
I like it very much! I think you did a wonderful job with Chigurs character. He must be a hard piece to write, but you did great! Carla is in character, too and it seems possible that it could have happened that way, if the Coens had decided otherwise (i like the ending of the movie, because it fits perfectly, but the little fangirl in me enjoyed this alterned take a lot!).

Would you, please, write more?