Reviews for Something in the Blood
Ansy chapter 8 . 3/31/2014
Wow. This story is so funny and amazing! I love stories when Eragon grow up with Murtagh. Please update soon. It's one whether they grow up in Morzan's castle or in Carvahall.
elijahlover chapter 8 . 8/16/2013
I love it but their are a few silly spelling mistakes at the end of this chapter xx
femalefarrier chapter 8 . 4/29/2012
keep going loving the story...
silverspetz chapter 8 . 11/28/2011
Ok, I have read the rest of the chapters so far and I think I will keep reading. It is good enough to keep my interest, and you cleared up my earlier confusion about Angela and Selena being the same person. I still think you should ad in the rest of the earlier story though. Even if its just a summary.
silverspetz chapter 3 . 11/28/2011
Ok, you have an interesting premise going on here, and I will still read a bit more before I make a final judgement, but there are some things that I REALLY have to get off my chest about this fic before I continue.

1: The characters shouldn't call eachother by nicknames. Stuff like "Tag", "Er" or "Ror" sounds very unnatural coming from characters in this kind of setting and it just completely takes my out of the experience. The kids also shouldn't call their parents "papa" or "mama" for the same reasons. These kinds of nicknames do not belong with these characters.

2: (and this is a big one that almost made me quit this fic after the prologue ) You have completely skipped the entire story. Things like how the hatching of Saphira and more importantly Thorn are not minor details that we can assume played out the same in this alternate timeline. How did Murtagh react when Sapphira hatched for Eragon? How did the training with Brom and their escape from Carvahall play out? How did they survive the Ra'zac attack? How did the Warden treat Murtagh knowing whose son he was and how did Brom and Eragon react to it? How and when did Thorn hatch? What kind of missions have Eragon and Murtagh been doing until now and why have only Eragon been receiving training from the elves (apparently). There are also some things that I do not quite follow. Are Selena and Angela the same person? The End of the first chapter seems to suggest so. How is that supposed to works canologically with the original work? Why did you make such a change and what purpose does it serve in the story?

These are all really big questions that you have completely missed out on telling us. And that is a big problem since it basically negates the whole point of making an alternate timeline where Eragon grows up with Murtagh in his life, since you basically skipped out on telling us about their lives. I know that what's done is done but if you ever decide to edit this story by adding in the "missing" parts, it would greatly improve the quality of this work. Even just adding a flashback that gives us all this exposition would be better than just ignoring it.
Undefined and Fine with It chapter 8 . 11/26/2011
this is an awesome storyline! this is what probably would of happened if selena did take murtagh with her, which i think she should of, not just abandoned him. even though there are a few mistakes, just typos and such, i barely notice them i think this is an amazing story and i cant wait to read the rest
Restrained.Freedom chapter 8 . 11/22/2011
You know I love this story, right?... THe whole notion and premise of the story ROCKS! And your writing is wonderful. A couple of typos can't hurt when the flow of the words is so easy to read...

I am sad that Ajihad isn't alive. Seeing him and Brom work together would have been Fab. But I guess I can't ask you to save EVERYONE... LMAO
OrionRejects chapter 7 . 11/15/2011
Nice, I like this. I've been tryin' to find a fic that went this way, with Selena and Brom living, and Murtaph and Eragon being riders. I would've prefered Eragon/OC, but meh. Paolini really, really killed the EragonXArya pairing for me considering NOTHING HAPPENED BETWEEN THEM. . That made me so angry. Lol, Anyways,

I look forward to chapter 7!

Later,

Shinku
Restrained.Freedom chapter 7 . 11/11/2011
About the ending... It sucked greatly to me as a fan of M&T. I am working on a fanfic band-aid to help heal the breach... BUT if the disappointing book brought you back to this story, then I have to forgive CP {provisionally} and embrace the gift of this new chapter.

I loved the depiction of the dragons meeting the hatchling and the latter's anticipation of flying. The death of Nissa was sad and unexpected, but you really had me feeling Kadi's anguish over the event.

The very last line though had some kind of error/slash/flashback to an earlier line, and needs a little fix.

Other than that... EXCELLENT!
Restrained.Freedom chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Firstly, I am appalled that I have not left you even a single review. Utter error on my part.

From the first chapter I have thought this to be a brilliant story, and have followed it through to the most recent post. Having Murtagh and Eragon able to grow up together as brothers really appealed to me, as I am from a large family.

Please forgive my inexplicable oversight and accept my congratulation on this fabulous story.
pandla chapter 2 . 10/14/2011
the star wars quotey bit just made my day!
TheCoventryConundrum chapter 6 . 6/23/2009
AWESOME STORY it is awsome

some sugestoins 4 names r

bae i heard in another fanfic girlname

Achuakwelun in ancient language greenmoon boy or girl name
Bane WolfBlood chapter 6 . 6/16/2009
Please hurry and post.
Partin chapter 6 . 6/9/2009
i love this story

its a wonderful idea
empireofapples chapter 6 . 5/2/2009
You have an amazing story. I myself had only come across a few stories that are truly worth reading the whole way through, and begging for a new update. You, my friend, are on that list.

It's just the way that your words make me want to read more. I'm lusting for another chapter, with a new twist around each corner, I don't know how I could stand waiting.

You need help with a name? I think I could help...

Diris, Raxus, Klareme?

I jsut picked random letters and made them into names. I hope I helped some.

-B