Reviews for Perfection
Taipan Kiryu chapter 5 . 2/14/2009
Ah you updated! I couldnt tell you how much I wanted this actualization!

I loved the courage Soundwave showed even though the harsh treatment Ratbat is giving to him. Once again, you reach a very powerful description with just a few words. That is talent!

And once again, you make every one of the pieces of your plot click on the right place, in the right moment, making the readers delight in anticipation. Your hints and subtleties are so well done that they announce things and keep them in a cliffhanger at the same time. That’s the way to keep the interest at its peak all the time!

Robo-feline… do I smell Ravage?

The art exhibition scene and the conversation about the Golden Age was also very well done. Dark times to come can be sensed, and Soundwave is learning too fast, preparing himself to survive and stand deception.

And what a way to learn, through the politics hipocresy, and suddenly with the physical manifestation of discomfort and violence.

Another great chapter you achieved my friend. Im already waiting for the next one :oD Thanks for the mention!
Taipan Kiryu chapter 4 . 12/30/2008
Formal habits in the Cybertronian society!

When social divisions exist (and they always exist) I guess some habits find their way to reinforce such differences.

I loved when Soundwave hit the bowl with the spoon for the second time, just for the pleasure of listening to the sound. That’s the master of harmony himself growing up! He definitely has hunger to learn and experience everything new the Universe has to offer him.

Of course Ratbat wouldn’t understand, being a politician. He is used to play individuals, not music.

I know I repeat myself, but a well done job deserves recognition. You are doing an extremely good job with Soundwave. Indeed he is obedient and respectful, the perfect candidate for being a Senator’s assistant, but he is not an emotionless drone. Stealing from Ratbat in order to satisfy his own addition to sound suits his personality perfectly well. Even although his self-control and his logic demeanour, he also privileges his own individuality.

I felt bad for little Soundwave at the end of this chapter… sadness is part of everybody’s programming I guess, just as cruelty is.
Taipan Kiryu chapter 3 . 12/30/2008
I don’t mean to disrespect your story but little Soundwave is SO cute!

I know I have said it before, so let me regain my composure and actually review this chapter:

What I love of this fic, what attracts me like a moth to a flame, is the splendid way you manage to write a 100% believable sparkling Soundwave. After reading your fic, I can’t picture him as a youngling otherwise.

He is still Soundwave, with all the basis and characteristics of his later adult self, but still you show behaviours of him that belong to a child, but a child-Soundwave.

So here we have an inexperienced and curious Soundwave, exploring the world and the society for the first time, learning and listening, absorbing the exterior world and starting to adapt it into his inner universe, and standing the demanding and elitist teachings of Ratbat in the process.

But master of hidden emotions as he will be, certainly Soundwave can put up with much more in order to gain experience and become the best bot he can be, no matter how much pride competitions he has to endure with Ratbat.

The ending of this chapter was brilliant!
iratepirate chapter 2 . 12/22/2008
This is your first fanfic? Honestly, it does not show!

I must say, I don't really know the storylines/characters of the IDW-verse overly well, it's something that I'm only now acquainting myself with. But that said, I am more determined to speed up that process having read your fic!

Your attention to detail is great; the opening paragraphs grabbed my attention and would not let go.

Writing for Soundwave isn't the easiest of tasks, his lack of expression limits the use of 'typical' descriptions of emotion and body language, and I imagine that writing for him as a sparkling is even harder. But it seems that this isn't a problem for you - your portrayal of his character is spot on! I particularly loved the image of Soundwave tracing the carved shapes in the lobby...

"The ghostly visage penetrated his erected firewalls like it wasn’t even there, powerful, eerie, yet gentle and soothing like night wind." ...that gave me shivers!

My only criticism is that there are a few grammatical errors, particularly regarding tense. But otherwise a fantastic piece of work, I look forward to more!
AutobotGuy710 chapter 2 . 12/10/2008
Great story thus far, I love it, can't wait to read more!
Taipan Kiryu chapter 2 . 12/10/2008
Senator Ratbat certainly doesn’t like to lose time, practically forbidding little Soundwave to be a sparkling. Good that our favorite telepath doesn’t seem to be interested in behaving like one anyway.

Not a regular one, that is, because even for that (being a sparkling), Soundwave has his own and unique style. You are doing a marvelous job constructing your characters :o)
Taipan Kiryu chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
I guess politics is the same circus anywhere in the Universe.

Funny how imperfection is so easy to find in machines as well. Seems that defects such as hipocresy and corruption are not exclusive of us fleshies.

Little Soundwave is SO cute! I love how you portrayed him, a kid definitely, but still respecting the personality he will have when he grows up.

Great first chapter my friend! Two thumbs up!
Silver Fox Trot chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
You're story id pretty good, but you have a few errors, mostly tense and singular/plural.

Ex: After all, what can you expect from a bunch of image-loving person?

Bunch, an adjective, is plural, yet you use person, the noun, as a singular word. They do not work, they both have to be either singular or plural. I suggest you change person to people.

I suggest that when yoe finish a chapter, you read it aloud to yourself. You can catch many erros that way.

Also, if you are using Word, or another program with a Spell/Grammer Checker, they only catch 30% of your mistakes. The programs have a difficult time catching tense erros.

I would also encourage you to look for a Beta on the Beta-Readers feature that we have on this site.

I hope these few tips help and that you take my advice. I'm only trying to help.
Soului chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
Nice, the IDW verse doesn't get nearly enough attention. Out of curiosity, what was your inspiration? I would like to give you some concrit, but I can't think of any.
24 | « Prev Page 1 2